Next Summit Brainstorming - New Ships

(Ember Fireheart) #41

Sansha Destroyer/BC would be really cool I agree.

(Spitfire1938) #42

I want t3 frigates

1 Like
(ALITA DIASUKE) #43

THis is a late reply, but I suspect youll read it anyhow. I’m new, 2 days of playing and I LOVE the game, but the ships…ugh. Not very attractive at all when I first joined.

Some of the ships, well the vast majority are ugly AF. This coming from a previous aircraft structural mechanic. Been around aircraft since 3rd grade, and I love aerodynamics. Smooth skinned shape craft, and features. Would it kill you guys to make a very very realistic design based on current space craft dynamics?

I’d like to see a atleast 1 variation for all classes of ships small, medium, large, of a smooth skinned ship but with bulged features for obvious things such as engines, scopes, guns, sensors, and other things. The majority of the ship should be very streamline, without panel lines, extremely featureless, and with a beautiful paint design. I’d like these ships to be very fast, and maneuverable, but have offset features such as low shielding that can be adjusted with upgrades ofc, but powerful in fire power.

(Ridley Rohan) #44

EVE should take a nod from real life (wars) and there should be more upgraded variants of existing craft. I don’t even fly any ships that got nerfed, yet hearing about it depresses me…like people recently complaining about a nerf to the Gila. Rather than nerfing ships (which pretty much never happens IRL) what CCP should do is put EVE in a constant state of upgrading flux. Never mind about balance. As soon as some ship starts appearing superior, upgrade a bunch of ships and the let the players find which one has just become top dog. And I am not talking about major alterations here…just slight upgrades in target resolution, shield strength, base speed, warp speed, damage, range and ROF modifiers etc. No need to fret over balance in a game of perpetual one upmanship. Further, a lot of this could be based on researching of blueprints, with the basic blueprint turning out the old model, and more researched ones turning out the newer models. Hell, not even cars are the same year to year.

(Asuka Rossi) #45

A new interesting ship could be a covops with a ship maintenance bay for blops reshipping. Could be a t2 bowhead hull.

(Ember Fireheart) #46

Power creep is a horrible mechanic that ruins games go read about it.

2 Likes
(Ember Fireheart) #47

You have to remember that eve ship’s are designed during war, our ship’s are designed during peace they do not need reinforcement or contingency having hulls inside hull’s.

If ships were to be designed like that they would have to be very heavily shield based and have paper thin armor + hull to reinforce the design.

But come on Eve ship’s are beautiful man look at this masterpiece:

(Ridley Rohan) #48

As with so many things, its not always the basic idea, but rather the implementation. I can’t see how perpetual nerfing is any better.

1 Like