Not sure how to be able to post in general discussion

Ok so the old forums are at oldforums.eveonline.com so what happens to those archives when this forum goes to oldforums.eveonline.com and the new forums become forums.eveonline. also i don’t think it’s right that we are locked out from posting into the general discussion forums i guess it unlocks some how i’m not sure

Probably account age, it used to be trial accounts, it might still apply to alpha characters, I don’t recall :3

It keeps out spam bots from flooding other forums sections

this isn’t an alpha clone account hasn’t been for nearly 2 years now

Look out for those badges.
It seems like some unlock more features for the forum.

You have to complete the tutorial with discobot

Badges grant permissions (what permissions specifically I’m not 100% sure so could be wrong) If you run through the tutorial with Discobot you should gain access I believe.

2 Likes

I’m an alpha, been trying to open a thread in pve feedback for a couple days. I can make reply’s but that’s it

In the upper right corner you should have your character portrait and if you click that, it’ll take you to your “flagged” conversations. Look for the “discobot: greetings” one and click that. You have to go through a stupid forums tutorial where this automated script asks you to make posts, quote posts, include pictures, etc., and after an annoyingly long session of back-and-forth with a stupid script, you get a badge that unlocks your access to the forums.

Because it’s a (stupid) script, as long as you specifically do exactly the thing it requests at the top of your reply, it won’t detect if you decide to include additional swear words / abuse or NSFW images in your replies to it. So you can vent at CCP for forcing you to go through this experience.

“Badges? BADGES? We don’ need no stinking badges!” :wink: