**Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses for The New Order

Too long, didn’t read

4 Likes

Its just ganking with added flair, i mean you know what the RP in MMORPG stands for right? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ridiculously Pretentious?

1 Like

Sometimes, but in this case its just making theatre from content, which is perfectly fine and should probably be encouraged

1 Like

To each their own. RPers are a lot more immersed in their environment. I enjoy many if them.

OP, seriously… turn of the computer. Go out side. Get some sun shine…fresh air…get laid…something.

2 Likes

You, sir, win. All of the win.

1 Like

But the outside is cold and scary! Also, if you saw the folks I have around my area you’d be tempted to take a vow of celibacy. :grimacing:

But really the whole point of this is catharsis, and hoping to find a better way to discouraging botting and AFK behaviors that aren’t as heavy handed and cult-like as CODE.

I flew with CODE as an idealist, and upon learning that they don’t actually share my ideals, I left. But in the naive hope that I might find fellow idealists among their numbers I’ve made this wall of text post. I just wasn’t expecting such vitriolic responses.

1 Like

Miners and Code don’t play the real Eve. Just a side show in some obscure place called high sec.

2 Likes

At first I was like… wow, you’ve been ganking non-stop for 5 years? With thousands of kills? Well this may be legitimate.

But then I read the rest.

Did you buy this char off someone or something? And then, got ganked yourself? And then thought to yourself, “hey, one of the characters I bought used to gank 5 years ago! Maybe I can use this to trick people into thinking I was once cool and relevant, before I turned this char into a miner.”

Sorry, but 7 kills 5 years ago is hardly anything to brag about. Sounds more like an AGer who killed a couple people in order to claim that he was a “Former” ganker, in order to brag to his friends in AG that he knows what hes talking about.

No, this character has never been sold or neither has the account changed hands. The life I lead does not often afford me the time or money to play EVE on the regular. Combine that with a reluctance to play EVE as though it were a job, I tend to seek a purpose in EVE, My return from a hiatus in 2013 had me flying with CODE. as a freelancer. December of that year I no longer had the time or money to play. I came back a few years later, flew with a couple of aussies that dabbled in Low-Sec, but when schedule and interest waned once more I left EVE. I’m recently back once more, and decided that my purpose was to show people that there is an alternate to CODE.'s perceived heavy handed nature.

The list of kills is not meant to be boastful, merely an effort to establish a sliver, at the minimum, of credibility.

Speaking of Credibility, I’ve noticed that those that are clearly on the side of CODE. have chosen to attack my credibility in lieu of discussing or actually trying to counter my claims about The Code itself. I find that discouraging, it gives the impression that CODE. isn’t interested in any sort of debate over this subject.

Which reminds me, when one is told by a fundamentalist that follows a book of rules and gospels, they usually have the courtesy to cite them, like if they don’t want you eating shellfish the christians will chuck something like “Leviticus 11:12” at you. Just food for thought.

1 Like

This all just seems so mindless… The fact that you unerringly capitalize “code”/“The” in every utterance of it, speaks volumes about your actual intentions, and origin.

And I got to ask again… Don’t you all ever get tired of having conversations amongst yourselves? Doesn’t it ever seem a little lame to start as many threads as you do, conversating back and forth as actors, desperately hoping that somebody actually joins in?

(Besides me.)

Furthermore… You are all aware that after so many years of regurgitating the same statements, your writing styles become identifiable?

2 Likes

Yeah, you failed miserably there, bud. Infact, it did the opposite.

Honestly, your post was a mix of tl;dr and useless drivel.

But if you want a detailed criticism, sure. Here it is.

Point 1.

How can you foster communication with someone that is AFK? And we are being proactive. The only way anyone ever interacts with a miner is by ganking them.

Also, the New Order has been here for 6 years. You dont let someone off free after theyve committed a crime, just so that the person can “Learn” that it was against the law to murder someone else.

Point invalidated.

Point 2.

Similar to what?

Point 3.

Sorry, but this list isnt for the gankers to follow, its for the miners. Nor does it say that Agents are required to request this.

Nice try though.

Point invalidated.

Point 4.

Yeah, not that kind of “Safe space”. Gankers lose their ships, we know plenty how dangerous space is. Were talking about respect here. Try reading the next sentence to understand the context of the word.

Point invalidated.

Point 5.

No one is saying that they have to say “GF” as the very first words. Agents are patient enough to wait until after the miner has calmed down and come to his senses.

Point invalidated.

Point 6.

Its his space, so what he wants is relevant.

Point 7.

And yet, all we have are examples of miners breaking the EULA by threatening real harm to agents and their families.

But the whole point of having them refrain from profanity is to help them calm down.

Point invalidated.

Point 8.

Uh, yes, it does. Do you know why James is the ultimate authority in such matters? Because he wrote the code.

Dont like it? Write a better code.

No new, better code from you, therefore point invalidated.

Point 9.

No one said not to respect the other CSMs.

Point irrelevant, therefore invalidated.

Point 10

The entire code is based on the writers beliefs. Thats why it was WRITTEN by someone. Do you understand that the US constitution, for example, was written based on the beliefs of the writers at the time?

Point irrelevant, therefore invalidated.

Point 11.

The miner must ask this in order for it to be valid. Much like in a court of law, a lawyer must ask for a motion in order for the judge to grant said motion. The judge does not voluntarily offer up options for the lawyer to choose from.

Point 12.

No, this point has to do with outlining a punishment.

Point 13.

The continued service of the gankers is a litmus test, a demonstration of the courage, integrity and civility of Agents.

Your very existance is proof of this. You lasted a mere 4 months, and 7 kills, before your true nature was revealed. No one can enforce the code for very long before lying to themselves and leaving the service of the new order only to go against it.

Agents of the new order continue to do good works because thats who they are at the core of their beliefs. They are great, selfless pioneers who work tirelessly for a better hisec.

1 Like

fhgt

2 Likes

I totally get the issue of not having the time to play Eve 30 hours a week! I am starting again also on a new toon after a non-start a few years ago. Are you planning to start a more relaxed corporation?

Replying and keeping this thread going goes against my better judgement, but at this point I’ll just call it practice for my upcoming “Argumentative Writing” course.

Less of a Corporation, more of just a movement I guess, I kinda went the route of “I’ll create my own church, with blackjack and hookers!”

Though less on the gambling and prostitution, merely a non-profit concept.

I’m hesitant to drop the full text in here considering how people seem to react to anything that doesn’t praise James.

For those that might be interested:
New Eden Acts of Betterment

2 Likes

I have noticed a lack of RP on eve in general.
This is refreshing.

You can’t understand ‘gankers’, until you realize that they are the legitimate law enforcement branch of a duly elected government, and the illegal miners are the real criminals.

3 Likes

James will live on for ever. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I haven’t decided which way I want to go in Eve yet but I do know that variety is the spice of life. High sec and maybe some lower sec spaces in a way is appealing because (from what I am seeing) gives a bit of support to small guys via Concord instead of being one ship against 50 nlob, which you don’t have a chance.

I don’t mind these corps that crop up against afkers, and who are gankers, etc, because I can work on a strategy to either go against them in a small way or have strategies to avoid them, rather than just float around in space aimlessly. If people don’t like these corps, create corps to fight them. Have a strategy and work with others in forming something is my opinion.

Good luck!