I’ve made a previous post to Bring a proper overhaul to how mining works, but I do realize now that having mobile ore compression everywhere would take too much away from player owned structures, and thus remove the factor of “valuable space” which CCP wants to expand on.
Thus, systems with structures which have ore compression will be more “valuable” and attractive for miners to garther.
With the upcoming changes to quantum cores however, and some very interesting recent events of some certain players, tugging off some certain modules, from some certain structures, and causing some trillions of isk to be completely voided, I feel like player owned structures are more unreliable than ever before, always finding an NPC structure more favorable whenever possible.
Thus my suggestion.
NPC mining corporations allow ore compression in their mining outpost stations
Not only this, but it would be great to have every specific station focus on a specific job
- Assembly/Production Plants and Factories focus on industry
- Mercantile and Trade stations focus on market
- Mineral Reserves focus on reprocessing
- Testing Facilities/Research Center focus on blueprint research
I’m not going to suggest a focus for every station, as I’m not sure myself which some stations woud be about, like Logistic Support or Unlimited Depository, however here’s some controversial suggestions:
- Logistic Support allows for up to 100 ships to be docked(other stations limited to 10 docked ships, non-assembled ships don’t count towards this number)
- Unlimited Depository allows for unlimited inventory space(other stations limited to 100 stacks of items)
For stations like Jita and the other trade hubs, they can have their own special quirks due to being Trade Hubs and allow for everything as they do currently, according to player feedback.
Finally, standing requirements similar to the Triglavian ones regarding the basic station services would go side-by-side with these changes.
- Standing Requirements with Corporation/Faction
Docking, Inventory, “Focus Service” 0.00
LP Store 1.00
Fitting, Insurance, Repair 2.00
Jump clone, Set Home Station 3.00
Corporation office 4.00
With this, logistics should matter much more going forwards, as a player won’t simply reprocess, manufacture, and put their items for sale all in one single NPC station.
Stations which offer these “focus services”, that is, industry, reprocessing, market, and etc, would make the space more valuable to the players, and help create more focused hotspots for local trade hubs and player engagement.
As for basic services like Fitting, Insurance, Repair and Clones, every player gets some free standing with their initial corporation when making a new character, and it should be at the very least 3.00+ after completing the career agent missions.
So, if a player wishes for the convenience and reliability of other NPC corps besides their original one, they require to do some standing grinding, or simply gain enough faction standing, giving it a proper reason as for why to side withone of the empires.
If the player simply doesn’t want to bother with the standing grind, then they can always rely on player owned structures for the various services and storage, of course while keeping the risks involved with placing their eggs in someone else’s basket.
P.S.: as the idea originally came to mind due to ore compression, just some more things
- make ore compression require a fee in NPC stations, decreasing alongside positive standings, similar to reprocessing
- make compression a separate thing from reprocessing, and have it show in the Structure Browser window as it’s own icon/service