NPE in-game helping tool

Had a very hard time today describing a newbie how to do the most basic things in-game, it felt like ages, and after some time I start useing a program called Lightshot that you can use to select a portion of the screen, draw some arrows, then save and upload to Imgur or somewhere, sent the link to the newbie, and he see where to click, what to do, etc. Like this:

I think it would be a really great feature if we can do this in-game and send small pictures of screenshot selection with arrorws . Preventing retards it can be restricted to private chat and also a size limit. Saving server capacity it could use a smaller server and pictures would delete after 5 minutes.

What you think?

Was there not talk of being able to do something like this? Highlight part of the noobs client?

And it is already implemented as a “pointer tool”. It is not perfect but it works.

Windows has built-in tool called “Snip & Sketch” that does exactly that so no need to install extra programs.

2 Likes

win+shift+s with later releases of Windows 10 :smiley:

(It’s just a wee bit faster. though doesn’t have the time delay option)

you can replace default function of “printscreen” button to be the shortcut for it in app options :smirk_cat: although it doesnt work when some/certain programs are an active window :pouting_cat:

For me it’s more easy with that program, but no matter how you do it, you have to upload to some picture provider, copy the link, etc.

you can upload on imgur (and on these forums btw) directly from clipboard - no need to save the image and then navigate to it to upload. So its not THAT labor intensive.

1 Like

Wow, didn’t know that, thanks for the tip! I’ll try today. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.