NRDS Compliant Anti-Gank Permit

Jonah…post the link.

Try again Jonah…maybe the whale will spit you back out this time.

Still trying Jonah? The stomach of that whale must smell really bad.

Maybe this time?

Floss might help you get unstuck from the whales teeth.

Here comes another CODE Clone Aspirant trying to be different but can’t be…such a shame.

Drysons just mad he lost a fail fit typhoon last night.

1 Like

GM Lelouch

Hello all,

In order to clear up our current stance concerning this mechanic, I’m going to attach the ticket response I sent to Benny Ohu:

We do not consider intentionally spawning CONCORD using disposable ships an exploit at this time. This is, like all policies, subject to change in the future if deemed necessary for some reason, but we have no current plans to make any changes to this stance.

To put our stance quite clearly, we currently make no distinction between these two scenarios:

a. Suicide gank. CONCORD is spawned because Player A attacks Player B without >>the rights to do so.
b. Defensive spawning. CONCORD is spawned because Player A’s alt character >>attacks Player A without the rights to do so.

My best guess would be that the confusion stems from different rules having been >>broken. There are two exploits of sorts which I can think of which could have led to >>warnings being placed in a scenario similar to “b” above.

For the lazy sod that can’t be bothered to read the replies in his own thread, because they might disagree with his idiocy.

Here’s the GM post… again!

3 Likes

I’m not made about losing that Typhoon, not in the least.

Notice your forum activity goes through the roof everytime you lose something? We do. In code we have bets as to how long it takes you to create one after dying :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Like the ISD posted in the thread that was four years ago and it might have changed since then. So post the most recent link that refutes what you are posting.

Why would I post something that refutes what I’m saying?

If you’re confused, look up the word refute.

That is the last public statement from a GM regarding this matter, if policy has changed then it’s neither been made public nor is it being enforced.

3 Likes

That is the most recent and it doesn’t refute what Jonah wrote. It supports it.

The ISD muddied the water unnecessarily. There was no reason for him to post what he did, and now you’re already jumping on his follow up post that the GM post was 4 years ago.

There hasn’t been any GM change since then, so it’s still the most recent GM info and it not only supports gankers spawning CONCORD, it also supports the alt ganker tactic you posted in the OP.

You know people are THAT dense. Look at Dryson who is already starting to call for banns because of the comment. This is exactly why I said the ISD should clarify the comment.

4 Likes

You can also spawn concord in the belt by dropping 10 catalysts on the mining ship

4 Likes

Prepositioning CONCORD is not an exploit. It’s just the way the game mechanics work. CONCORD just treats it as if another gank had happened before. So under your premise, two ganks happening back to back would also count as an exploit because the first gank effectively pulled CONCORD for the second gank. By extension, you could do a third level of this nonsensical mental gymnastics and say that any gank would be an exploit because they would theoretically be pulling CONCORD for a future gank in the same sector.

IIRC it was only ever consider an exploit if you recycled the characters to avoid consequences of the security status.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Ignore drysonbennington, he is a code alt posting fake tears. CODE has been dead and they need the attention so they make fake idiots to spam post on the forums

no one can be this stupid

Nope. Miners won’t sacrifice their efficiency to fit a proper tank so why do you expect them to sacrifice efficiency to mess about with alts?

do some research on some old dryson posts and you can see he is an actual paranoid whiner.

1 Like

You overestimate your carebear compatriots. Dryson seems on par with the characters I meet every day in highsec. I’m talking of the ones who go out of their way to live under a rock with no player interaction. I lift those rocks and see the creepy-crawlies that hide there. The Code has a place for them too.

2 Likes

The power of stupidity should not be underestimated.

To paraphrase Occam’s Razor, the simplest explanation is often the correct explanation.

2 Likes