Observations regarding the Guri Malakim Survey Base

Greetings,

This will be a report that is based on my personal observations within the Guri Malakim Survey Bases. I have been able to spot several things of interest that I wish to share. These are things that the ship sensors have not picked up or been able to pick up. I will cover them in 3 topics; general observations, wreck observations and structure observations. I will have a TL/DR at the end of this report. Hopefully this report and any additional input or discussion can help us learn more about the purpose and objective(s) of these bases.

General Observations
There is a acceleration gate that has to be used to gain access to the Guri Malakim Survey Bases. There are things that ship sensors seem unable to lock onto or identify at both of these locations. At this point it seems to includes both structures and wrecks. I have been unable to identify the group(s) and/or faction(s) that these unknown wrecks and structures belong to. My ship sensors have had no issue with identifying the Guri Malakim ships and the wrecks of the destroyed Guri Malakim ships.

The Guri Malakim Survey Base appears to consists out of multiple structures that are located on or in close proximity to the surface of a a big asteroid or a big celestial object. I have been unable to identify any structures or machinery on or near the surface itself. It certainly raises the question on what the base is surveying for. After defeating the Guri Malakim forces, a variety of items can be recovered. Among these items are compounds and alloys and Smuggler Lockboxes. The Smuggler Lockboxes have an explosive anti-tampering device that triggers if anyone other than the original creators attempt to open it. It certainly seems that whatever is inside them has to be important, considering these protective meassures.

Wreck Observations
At the location of the acceleration gate I have been able to identify a Nyx wreck and a Orca wreck. I have also seen a third wreck, but this seems to be of a sub-capital sized ship and I am unable to identify it by visual inspection. Sensors are unable to lock on or identify any of these wrecks.

At the location of the Guri Malakim Survey Base, I have been able to spot several wrecks that seem to have been sub-capital sized ships before their destruction. I have been unable to gather more information, including what force or faction they belonged to.

Most noteworthy is that if you look to the port or left of your ship upon arrival, the wreck of a structure can be seen. It looks a lot like the remains of a destroyed ‘Horizon’ Fortizar in what I believe to be Gurista heraldry.

Structure Observations
Besides the destroyed structure, I have been able to observe:

• 3 Structures that look a lot like the Infrastructure Hubs but with Gurista heraldry;
  • 30 Structures that look like bunkers and are positioned in multiple clusters.

I have been unable to identify if these are indeed Infrastructure Hubs or if they have been repurposed or refurbished for another goal. They are powered and seem to be in active use as an active forcefield can be seen on all of these ‘Infrastructure Hubs’

There is nothing I can really report about the ‘bunker’ structures besides them being spread out in 1 very big cluster and 2 smaller clusters. I did not observe any trafic between the ‘bunkers’ and ‘Infrastructure Hubs’ so if the bunkers house personal, materials, equipment and/or anything else is not something that can be confirmed without entering them.

All of these structures can be seen in a chasm or canyon, below and to the starboard or right of your ship. The heraldry of the structures makes it hard to spot these structures unless you are looking for them. The heraldry acts as a camouflage against the asteroid or celestial surface. I have therefore highlighted the ‘Infrastructure Hubs’ with red and the ‘bunkers’ with green in the below picture. I apologize for the poor quality but it is the best I could do with the camera drones of my ship.

TL/DR
There is an acceleration gate that leads to the Guri Malakim Survey Base. There is a wreck of a Nyx, Orca and sub-capital ship near this acceleration gate. After using the acceleration gate, one can observe several wrecks that belong to sub-capital ships along with:

• 3 Structures that look a lot like the Infrastructure Hubs but with Gurista heraldry;
  • 30 Structures that look like bunkers and are positioned in multiple clusters;
  • 1 Destroyed structure that looks like a ‘Horizon’ Fortizar.

The purpose and objective of this base and structures is unknown at this point. Based on the wrecks, it does raise the question what has happend that resulted in these wrecks and what groups and/or factions are or have been involved.
When defeating the Guri Malakim forces, amongst the things that can be recovered are compounds and alloys and Smuggler Lockboxes that have a explosive anti-temporing protection.

4 Likes

This being obtained further and detailed images about the spotted outposts.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.