Obsidian Acquisitions A New Player Friendly Corp Recruiting

Greetings, capsuleers, this is De Obliviator Preon speaking! Today I ask you to unite with us, in Obsidian Acquisitions. We are a new player friendly corp who will teach you the aspects of the game, assist with ship buying, etc. You can check us out in-game or on this website:
https://evewho.com/corp/Obsidian%20Acquisitions/

We are a small corporation, but we are developing. We have a unique system of paying to our corp members. We hire new players, returning players and loyal players. All we ask of you is your loyalty.

You can check out my Discord channel for questions by typing Obsidian Acquisitions in the search bar for Discord servers.

What am I doing wrong here?

Patience is a virtue when it comes to recruiting… give it time. Don’t give up.

You glossed over quite a lot of important stuff.

Aside from being new player friendly, what can your people generally be found doing day to day? Try not to say “everything” because a prospective new recruit wants to know what he is likely to be able to join in with on day 1, rather than “things members of the corp do alone”. Maybe mention if the group spends more time mining or missioning or if you are a trade / manufacture focused group.

You must remember that “we help newbies and give them skills and charge them taxes” corps are ten a penny. The good corps are the one’s who know what they want to do and are up front about it. They don’t profess to do everything even though many of their members enjoy multiple activities. Try to choose a focus short term and long term and be honest about what you plan to do to get there.

You mention a “unique system of paying corp members” but do not elaborate on what exactly this system is, so it comes off as potentially shady.

So…

What is it you do now day to day?
What is it you want to do?
Is there a plan in place to achieve these goals?
How can a potential recruit expect to become specifically useful?
Do you provide any sort of SRP or Ore Buyback programs?

and the all important one :

What is the tax rate, what will it be used for and will the corp wallet history be public so members can see what’s being done with their money?

All of this information will assist in getting you hits and separate you from all the rest of the “we do everything and train newbeans” corps.

Good luck o/

1 Like

I posted it for the 5th time. Never got any replies until now.

Look, great speech there, but I made this at like 11 PM when I was not thinking about how it should go. Our tax rate varies from 1-5%, and yes, we do everything we can for newbies. We buy them ships, modules, skillbooks, etc. Our paying system consists of us collecting taxes and then paying a certain percentage back to corp members ever week (don’t say it’s communistic).

Let me give you a few hints.

Many people recruit directly in the starter systems, or on the route of the SoE stuff most are being sent to. Many also blindly invite new players into their corps, which apparently works out pretty well. Others spam in the recruitment channel.

Personally, the most effective way to go is finding them in systems with lvl1 agents, or at belts. Canbaiting has always been a reliable way for recruitment (at least before the suspect nerf), too. Don’t trust in the thread alone, or at all. The most you will gain is from being active in local and in the game, without just spamming your corp’s info. Talking, getting to know people, finding friends. That always worked.

And with that helpful part behind me: Your post nets you exactly what youput into it, which isn’t much at all. Plus, you come across as rather snarky and i strongly recommend avoiding that, because it will backfire eventually.

Happy recruiting.

1 Like

Don’t be a salt merchant dude, you specifically asked “What am I doing wrong here?” and i tried to assist you as best i could. Potentially if you didn’t want any help you could have written “I know exactly what i’m doing wrong. I am writing poorly thought out corp adverts because it is past my bed time”.

Honestly you take the time to write out a detailed answer… :explodyparrot:

Mate you know this :dealwithitparrot:My finger is hovering particularly close to “the button” for some reason.

The question was actually quite ritoric. I appreciate your feedback, but there are some points I just wanted to complain about.

How does canning work? I mean, I just don’t get it. I saw like a 100 cans floating outside noob station, and what’s the possibility that player will precisely choose mine to read? Why do they even work? Who is the idiot that reads them? No offense.

It did:

1 Like

Heh. Well deserved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.