October 2018 Release - General Feedback

@dewk
Yes, that could definitely be an option, we will just have to wait and see whether CCP are prepared to make adjustments :wink:

1 Like

Just adding my +1 to hating the changes to ECM I no longer see the point of the entire mechanic as it has been totally broken in its current state.

8 Likes

You know since the patch ive been trying to come up with a scorp fit that isnt lol.
I have failed as at best the dps is moderately high for a cruiser tank yes, you can fit an ok tank - its still not particularly good, im trying the same with the blackbird…thing is both of these ships ONLY have bonuses to ECM, which is now total garbage unless u fly blobfests…

4 Likes

Bravo sir, bravo. :smiley:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
The stabber has some competition in the “frigate dps in a cruiser hull” competition…

++pause for applause++

Ladies and gentleman i give you the blackbird!!!. this prowling tiger of the battlefield will rid you of all your worries while applying a whopping 210 dps to your face!

++Firework display++

Edit - heres the fit:
[Blackbird, *Simulated Blackbird]
Ballistic Control System II
Ballistic Control System II
Damage Control II

Warp Disruptor II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Ancillary Shield Booster
10MN Afterburner II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier I
Medium Core Defense Operational Solidifier I

Hobgoblin II x2

Nova Fury Light Missile x60
Navy Cap Booster 150 x9

3 Likes

Methinks if the Blackbird and Scorpion are supposed to be taunt ships they need some above average tank. So the Caldari 4% shield resists per ship skill level to cover for one Invuln because their EWAR eats one mid per module and on top of that perhaps a role based 10% shield health bonus so any shield extenders or rigs they fit go further. And before somebody calls it OP… remember these hulls have no damage bonuses and are incredibly light on high slots.

Though I’d not say no to the Blackbird getting an extra light drone of bandwidth and enough hangar space to have a second flight of three in backup. That hull’s damage is so stupidly low it would have a hard time fighting off a pair of frigates. And since it can’t jam them away from shooting it now… whelp there is a pretty set of fireworks.

As for if you want to take a stab at reworking ECM itself? What if instead of lock breaking it was instead module interference. A Jam will always disable at least one active module on the target ship forcing a quick system diagnostic where it can be re-enabled several seconds later. Stronger jams against weaker or no ECCM means the jam can potentially knock off an additional one or two modules per cycle.

Slamming somebody with 3+ bonused staggered jams pretty much means they are playing whack-a-mole on re-activating modules as fast as possible but they are never precisely out of the fight. Would make it incredibly annoying to fight against. But since it only targets active systems you get at least one cycle before it gets kicked back off and the re-activation delay is only a few seconds.

Basically it lowers the overall effectiveness of the jammed ship and plays all merry hell with multi-boxers. That would be one heck of a bonus right there to be honest.

1 Like

well sick of the happening of the other topic and how this one already seems to have started forwards the same ends, I’ve started a new topic suggestion-for-ecm-fix to get ideas and feed-back on said ideas to fix the whole ECM issue.

Looking forward to positive posts and feedback.

IF” you get jammed. ECM is already nerfed in that even with a skilled pilot and a bonused ship, the jam might NOT land at all ! And if a jam lands that doesn’t mean it will on the next cycle.

Unlike oh, I don’t know, Target Painters, Sensor Damps, Webs, Scrams, Neuts that ALL work, EVERY time if the other person gets a lock on you and is range.
And with those things, it does not matter what race of ship you fly, they work equally well against all of them, unlike ECM where, if you don’t have the right racial jammer, your CHANCE of getting a jam is even worse.

“Oh but I can counter Webs and Scrams and Neuts and Damps by fitting different modules and using different tactics.”
Right, just like you could fit different modules to counter ECM except you don’t because “Waaaa - I don’t want to nerf my gank by fitting those kind of MODs.”
That is basically the ENTIRE argument every time ECM is discussed.

“Here is the counter”
“Waaaa I don’t want to do that”
“Oh OK, we’ll lie and say there is no counter and just nerf it then.”

How many of you have sat there, capped out, scrammed, webbed and completely helpless as your ship is shredded and cried “there is no counter” ?

Oh but someone gets a jam on you and you cry such huge tears that it threatens to flood Iceland and force CCP to make hasty changes to a mechanic they KNOW can be countered.

I’ve been scrammed and webbed many times and sat there “screwed” while my ship was destroyed and you know what I thought ?
Next time I will have to try a different fit. Or different tactics. Or both.

I didn’t run to CCP and whine “Webs have no counter, Nerf them !” or “Scrams have no counter, nerf them !”

I swear, gankers cry the biggest tears of them all.

5 Likes

To be honest , any feedback is just waste of time , there will be no response from a single CCP employee. The Real feedback was given before the release of this joke

4 Likes

one more thing …

Why nerf ECM , I know people crying to nerf Cloak since 2003 when that will come ?

3 Likes

Change jamming fighters back to how it was prepatch, this is yet another change that makes the nullsec rating super EVEN SAFER… its almost impossible to catch one that is paying attention and isn’t an idiot, now its almost impossible to kill one in anything smaller than a 30 man blops gang…

Buff the widow and Griffin Navy Issue which is LITERALLY useless now

1 Like

Well if CCP wants proper feedback take my 2 isk.

Its in my opinion that CCP appear to be disorganized in their messages and what they appear to for the community. They ask for feedback twice and give none of it back, the most recent example being the October patch where there was plenty of feedback given.

Expanding on the previous note i do have to mention CCP did in fact give us a notice about the bit where wormholers were treated like that to begin with and whatever we got was a meager token compared to all of the times wormholers have been blown to the wayside. Dont fall into the mindset there is nothing to please this player group, but dont expect them to be pleased to get 10isk when they wanted 10million.

CCP did also did a comment in the same announcement about ECMs getting something in return, though what would be a viable return for something that have become nerfed to the point of niche and/or obsolete? What is it that ECM ships can do in their current stage that other ships couldnt do better?

It seems to me at least that CCP does not take their own forums seriously and rather go to third party communities such as Reddit to get their feedback. The argument can be that this forum have a lot of the naysayers and brash commentary, but if you were ignored in favor of a third party page would that not be a failure of the CCP themselves when their own first party community cannot be trusted?

The general populance seem to me that they have lost trust in the CSM, and now they are asking for answers to their questions instead of flinging their questions at a brick wall.

If this is not the constructive feedback you are looking for, then it is in my opinion that CCP cannot expect anything but the distrust and hatred among the playerbase they are not supporting.

For the TL;DR:

• CCP asking for Feedback twice for the same patch, and merely answered a single off-comment concern.
  • ECM were promised compansation, no suggestion have been asked.
  • General personal observation of the public opinion of CCP, Their Feedback policy and the CSM.
3 Likes

The fact that the ECM change applies to standup modules is indicative of the fact that, even with three weeks from announcement to release, CCP did not do any thinking about the change and its implications, nor did they read any of the feedback given.

It is clear that the ECM change was a brain fart that was latched onto and followed with reckless enthusiasm without taking any time to think about the consequences of the change. If they had spent even a minute doing so they’d have seen the inevitable consequences of what it would do.

Maybe they should spend more time reading their own forums instead of reddit?

3 Likes

They go to reddit because it is more important because more goons are there, hence more CSM by default as well.

Well that just adds up even more to my complaint now doesn’t it?

Yea, I highly recommend for anyone and everyone to actually go ahead and go to Reddit - Dive into anything seriously. And read the CSM posts and comments.

When I was saying they should just quit and GTFO and just cancel whole CSM thing, the more of them I read there, the more I actually mean that.

They don’t give a flying ■■■■ about the game if unless it buffs cap / super cap ratting, rorq mining or cap umbrellas. For real. They have become harmful to the game. Very harmful.

There is only 1 single CSM that actually posted some real stuff and made a blog about it, I forgot the name, S(something) ( I forgot the name ) and its a nice blog. Got some decent ideas in it, some of them over the top and whatnot of course, but hey, at least he / she has a clue, not like the rest of those retards.

Out of all of them only 1 is actually knowledgable enough about the game to be able to point out the issues with it. Rest of them just try to push whatever lets them crab more in their safe spaces. Here it is Problems in the Capital: FAX and Cyno Balance problems and the death of the escalation chain. – suitonia

Describes 1 of the actual main issues the game has perfectly. But of course nothing will be done for the obvious reasons.

2 Likes

Hell, it would seem i would need to push my way into the CSM itself to even get heard these days.

Seriously it should have been enforced ages ago to have more varied population of the CSM, but now it just become the Goons ( or any nullsec ) popularity ranking. The system have failed us as EVE is no longer a sandbox, its a politics simulator where you either “adapt” to the current playstyle of the ones in power or fight uphill so bad that even CCP is against you.

“swear, gankers cry the biggest tears of them all.”

And don’t forget they blame haulers and miners for the crying lol

Just got this from Reddit

Be in INIT. and CSM

Alarm goes off

Wake up

Time to discuss ECM changes with pubbies in respectful and civil tones on forums

jk suck it pubbies

Lift cat off chest

Roll out of bed

Log in to computer after updating sweet Razor keyboard apps that apparently get updated bihourly

Check discord

See ping “@everyone in fleet now hostile dreads to gank”

Time to try out new rag

Three days old btw

JC from high sec carebear hideaway into Avatar clone

Think “prolly need to get a new one after this lol”

Oh ■■■■

Things getting real

“everyone go we need everything more faxes more titans”

Warp down, jump

Sit on citadel with other titans, faxes

Uh, only two rags here

It will be okay

I’m on CSM

I’m elite

Dreads land on grid

FC: “All caps go, all caps go, ■■■■ it, all caps go”

Look at red timer on mino “5 mins”

Look at red timer on Rag “10 secs”

Adrenaline kicks in

Red timer down

LEEEERRROOOYYYYYYYYYYYY

My rag lands on grid

First DD

Split guns to whore like a boss

Need cap. Neuts landing.

I can tank this

I’m on CSM

I’m elite

Wait, getting primaried

“Reps plz”

2nd DD goes

Mino red timer, 1 min.

Rags melting

This never happened to Vily

Die

Tab out, look at new killboard stats

Killmail not even on front page of zkill

WHAT THE ■■■■

We did kill like 50 dreads

Only lost three titans and two faction supers

Didn’t dock them like Killahflee

Flex

We totally won that fight

Time to get Trump to raise taxes for SRP

Back to EVE-O forums to argue why we should add ECM bonuses to Expedition Frigates

Damn I’m good

EDIT: Thanks to corp mates for SRP help:

1 Like