Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

No, not this time.

Curses ! Foiled again !

Sir, respectfully, I think you mean “ad hominem,” an Amarrish phrase meaning “to the person” (instead of, like, “to the argument”).

A homonym is a word with identical spelling or pronunciation to another, but totally different meaning, like “rose” (“he rose from his seat to walk in the rose garden”), “knight” and “night,” or “to,” “too,” and “two.”

1 Like

Yes, that is what I meant. Thanks for this.

1 Like

The joys of communication.

Ha

1 Like

You’ve dropped this idea in four different threads just now. I know that particular activity is not a new fixation for you, but what’s with the sudden intensity of your obsession with it?

I get paid a commission of 1 goat for every cubic metre of safety mud sold as a result of my promotional efforts. Use code “ValVal” at the checkout to receive 5% off the cost of your order.

I’m almost definitely going to regret asking this, but what is “safety mud”? Is it like mud that’s oxygenated to the point where people can’t easily drown in it or something? (That seems like a fire hazard though…)

Kaztropolitan certified non-toxic safety sports mud, is sold in dehydrated form, to be mixed on site with water, to form a dimensionally stable sporting mud, with neutral pH to avoid any danger of chemical burns to the users of the mud. It contains no biologically active material, and is not metabolised if accidentally ingested.

Ah. Surprisingly prosaic and practical yet somehow off-putting and weird.

So, directly on-brand. Well done?

1 Like

If I were to choose this venue and material to settle a score - for how long can you guarantee that the mud will remain non-toxic? Given my apparent composition, and the fact that nature abhors a vacuum, I’m curious as to how long it would take for me to corrupt said mud relative to someone like Arrendis :slight_smile:

I don’t hate the imagery you invoke.

But I’ve come a long way towards being put back together and am already far more sturdy than I ever was before. The remaining rough edges are a feature, not a bug. You are however completely correct in that they are indeed hazardous to those of the Amarr Faith.

2 Likes

The anniversary was that of joining EM.

Are such anniversaries not noticed in other organizations? Here, throwing a party is maybe not the norm for everyone, but it happens, and we do tend to comment on anniversaries and congratulate. As obviously in Arsia’s case joining us is a fairly bigger change than for most of us, I felt it natural she wanted to recognize it.

1 Like

Ah.

Just another example then of how it is just fine to post as much as you like about God in whose name all must be Reclaimed, but spirits forbid that someone’d openly object, that would be rude.

4 Likes

She routinely did this before making her apostasy public; her party was not framed convincingly as objection, rather a loud and unsophisticated heresy.

Your beliefs were nearby I surmise, and nature does abhor a vacuum.

1 Like

Objection to God’s right of conquest is by definition heresy. I don’t see what your point is?

1 Like

The “inevitability” you believe in and fervently wish for is that my way of life is ended and my gods and spirits forgotten, replaced by yours and yours alone, serving the Empire and the Empire alone.

Just because you are nice about it does not make it a nice thing to wish for.

At least those who come at us with weapons are honest about their purpose.

2 Likes

We are well aware that it is a thing. What you seem to very vigorously refuse to acknowledge is that from many perspectives, it’s an evil thing.

You wish me to voluntarily have my gods cease to exist.

Yet you object to Arsia’s voluntarily changing paths to those of my people.

You are probably correct that nothing productive comes from continuing this.

2 Likes

Describes apostasy quite well, when one thinks so freely– it is often best to consider your thoughts carefully before giving voice to them.