Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

They’re probably immensely impressed by a bunch of people signing their posts
without even a hint of a threat behind it. That’s not useful, it’s toothless.

Well, you know, why not both?

CONCORD is meant to keep atrocities between the empires in check (which it mostly has). So while you can petition them to spank the Empire or at least Sarum’s butt, you can also take up arms in the warzone.

2 Likes

I just wanted to use Shakors name and bosom in the same sentence.

1 Like

By some interpretations. Other interpretations may view it as more of a Shrug of God.

If you think the LUMEN petition is toothless, then you aren’t paying attention.

I’ll break it down for you: The capsuleer-side “proxy” for House Sarum is basically PIE. Their primary allies are LUMEN. If Sarum proceeds on his body-grabbing route, then he’s likely to be doing so with his proxies fighting without the help of those allies.

This is acceptable.

Although Shakor trying to please his favorite bosom might be about to get us into an actual war, so there’s that.

Begun, The Bosom Wars have.

1 Like

Reverend, if I am not speaking out of turn, perhaps some of the concerns felt by the faithful originate from this absense of clarity, something that thoughtful consideration of Scripture has yet to resolve. We often caution against hasty reforms, but many of the laity, while we execute the Word of God and the Holy Throne in the material sense, have yet to digest the spiritual grist of the Pax e Kilizhi Do. The urgency of the Heirs’ proclamations may, for some, leave wanting of deeper ecclesiastical dialogue that bears the faithful through hardships shared.

3 Likes

So, umm, is Arsia a traitor now? I mean, if she needs to clear out sharpish - say from a highly luxurious cell-like structure - I totally don’t know a guy who might be able to help…

Also, does this mean Aldrith and Chakaid are on the same side now?

1 Like

The fact that she is against the meaningless slaughter of her kin over what has basically been touted as bolstering her empires workforce gives me alot more respect for her… This decree is meaningless in the grand scale of things. It’s forcing a hand that shouldn’t need to be raised.

2 Likes

As the escalations keep building and building, I find myself wondering what, other than this meaningless slaughter, on both sides, really sows.

I’m working on a plan to help save lives in the warzone, and to secure my clan. But beyond that, I’m… disengaging. It all makes me feel so low, and I don’t like it.

2 Likes

It’s sometimes the best and wisest course of action, to know when you have done what you can, and you do not let it consume you. Life should be more than the singular turmoils of our day.

2 Likes

Wish I could say the same,but this is a callback to what they’ve done in the past. We can not let this happen again. We MUST show a show of force or history can and will repeat itself. If you have ever said “never again,” “never another long night,” ECT one must act. That’s not to say we can’t hope they will see reason. We must be ready to do what we must to maintain the tribes and our Republic.

2 Likes

“The position of the Imperial Throne on so-called “extralegal planetary incursions” is considerably affected by the continuing extralegal, as one might say, sanctions unilaterally imposed on the Amarr Empire and its subjects by the Gallente Federation and Minmatar Republic. Perhaps, if they are so keen to see an end to “extralegality” in interstellar affairs, they will reflect on the destabilizing effects of their policy of economic blockade and sabotage.”

• Captain Marshal Sirdan xer Qosh, the Amarr delegate to the Inner Circle

You could trade, it’s quite clear that HRM is open to that from what has been said.

2 Likes

Sanctions and planetary invasions are in entirely different categories. Planetary invasions are governed by interstellar law through CONCORD treaties. Sanctions are internal policy decisions. It is well within the power of any nation to impose sanctions on corporations and persons that do business within their territories, as part of their foreign policy. In that sense, yeah, it’s extralegal – it’s outside the bounds of interstellar law. Planetary invasions and enslavement are not.

I’m disappointed with xer Qosh on this.

2 Likes

It all depends on how you draw the lines along which you categorize. You choose to categorize to allow yourself to be disappointed, because that allows you to say, “I have been right about this all along.”

That, though, is neither how politics nor trade work. Nor war, for the matter.

Stop putting ■■■■■■■ words in my mouth.

Not that Samira’s doing that, but… that’s actually exactly how politics usually works. Politicians decide what thing they want, and then publicly spin events to line up with their positions, even if privately, they’re working to cut some kind of deal.

1 Like

It’s maybe what politicans do, but that doesn’t mean it’s how politics works.
Mostly, that’s the reason for why politics doesn’t work.

No, the reason politics doesn’t work is because people refuse to recognize that politics is just human beings interacting in groups larger than one. All of the crap that people hate about politics? Yeah, that really is how it’s ‘supposed’ to work, because it’s just people being people, and people are shite.

That’s an oxymoronic statement if I ever heard one. If that’s what politicans do to do their job, then that’s how politics is done. Thus, how politics works.

Let me suggest a trade: You try to stop spinning everything that happens in the Empire into a narrative that vilifies the Empire and I try to stop imputing you with the motive of doing so to feel vindicated in your cynical view of the Empire.