Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

You can’t even be an Amarrian these days without people thinking you own a secret volcano lair where you plot to take over the cluster.

1 Like

Honestly, if Imperial citizenship came with a secret volcano lair, I’d consider it.

But the mandate isn’t that all should, is it? It’s that the Amarr must see that all do. No matter how patient, when no more can be converted peacefully, does Scripture say the Amarr can just shrug and say ‘well, we tried’?

You and I have talked about this before, away from these boards, and you know that I’ve made exactly that same point in the past. I want to underscore this: if the Empire could commit to turning away from Reclaiming by the sword, it would be wonderful. But as Lord Sarum has demonstrated on Floseswin… that’s not the case right now, is it?

I’ve dismissed no-one, Amicia. I’ve simply been honest. It’s possible to believe well of individuals, and their desired intentions, without being blinded to the truth of national agendas and religious obligations. Nor have I been the source of any ‘Heideran is dead’ nonsense. I also haven’t said anyone should be more like Mitty, only that she’s honest—with herself, mainly.

LOL. You have a gift for making ‘hey, you seemed down, are you ok?’ seem so… tawdry.

Hush. A lady is entitled to her secrets.

2 Likes

Wait. Really? You have secret volcano lairs? Can I have one if I convert?

If she doesn’t, then denying it would also reveal secrets.

You’ll just have to wonder.

1 Like

Who does not have a lava planet complex?

You mean a lava planet palace complex?

Everyone here’s such a ■■■■■■■ expert about everything.

It says you are New here. Welcome to the IGS.

1 Like

You’re here. What’s your expertise?

And welcome to the IGS. A magical place where capsuleers openly confuse their own opinions as facts and dismiss facts in support of their own non sequiturs.

1 Like

Thanks to you both.

Don’t pretend to be an expert in anything. Learning to be a decloaker but I’m still pretty green at it.

How do people know all this stuff? OK, I skipped some classes at RUN but not that much.

Many years of acute attention to the details of the world around us.

I’ve found that some people are more logical and tend to use facts more often than others. Arrendis is one such person. Her judgment is usually sound.

Now here I am imagining you’ve got a handsome Gallente spy tied up to slab so you can threaten them with a giant laser cannon death ray.

1 Like

In such a purely hypothetical case, “Scorch” crystals actually, and it cuts from toe to head, not across the waist…

Using your bare hands, first breaking the wrist, then moving up the forearm and breaking that, then move up to the upper arm, followed by a forceful ejection of the shoulder from the socket -hypothetically speaking- could be pretty effective means of getting someone to talk. And it’s much more intement.

I suspect it would work on legs too.

The problem with using pain to extract information, is that the subject generally is willing to say anything and admit to everything to make that pain stop. I thought by now it’s been clearly established that torturing a potential spy is one of the least effective methods of acquiring actionable intel.

1 Like

Well then, how do you extract useful intel?

I’ve always found that simply asking nicely - in an extremely roundabout way - works wonders.

1 Like