Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

We don’t forget it. But pointing out things we already know is pointless. As if any of us who are doing this haven’t already made the moral cost/benefit analyses and decided that it is worth it.

Sure, we’ll never be really at peace with it. But neither should you be, in your role on the other side.

Your last paragraph is much more true than your first.

1 Like

In my experience, Kernher is correct, you do have a penchant for pointing out the obvious, Aria Jenneth.

Sure, Veik. Shoo.

Well you do.

For example, I never hide I am a violent killer, but you often pointed that out even though everyone knows.

Which, coming to Elsebeth, you do the same thing. I don’t think she’s shied away from the fact her actions will get people killed – but you still point that out. Is that even the locus of her effectiveness in PR? I don’t think so. It’s her authenticity to me. She will do what she does because she believes in what she does, even if that means loss of life.

So who are you trying to convince here, really? The woman is going to remain credible in spite of whatever aspersions you’re trying to cast upon that which she has never denied in the first place.

Will you go ■■■■ yourself already and stop pushing your version of me upon everyone you meet? I get it that you hate me, personally, not just what I work for, but your constant smear-campaigning and walls-of-text where you explain me - as if you know a thing about how I feel! - are getting bloody tiresome.

EDIT: and I know you are going to smile sweetly and say oh no not hate I just see clearly. See “go ■■■■ yourself”.

1 Like

So I do have your attention, False Light.

Good.

And no … I have trouble holding grudges, but you seem happy to keep stoking this one. It will give me joy to cause you misery, so I think at this point I really do hate you.

“Stop explaining me like you know a thing about how I feel.”
“You seem happy to…”

Go. ■■■■. Yourself.

1 Like

Hm. No.

That’s quite the accomplishment: saying you’re the one with a grudge against another person, and then trying to imply they’re the one holding it.

Oh, Veik.

Else and Samira, for all that I clash from them and even if I hold (and sometimes weaponize) some bitter feelings, are in some way people whose positions on stuff interests me. They’re worth talking to, worth understanding-- and not just so I can hurt them more efficiently, but because their feelings and ideas are weighty, meaningful. They’re tied into the scheme of the world in important ways. We’re enemies, but that’s not the end of anything.

You on the other hand? You seem to want to hurt me, but I’m not interested enough in your opinion to try to persuade you even that winter on Caldari Prime is cold. You’re a puzzle box, but not one I think would be worth solving; I’m not sure even if I could break past every last layer of illusion that I’d find anything but broken glass.

I’m not really talking to you, even now.

I don’t.

Well … that’s a little forlorn as responses go. I almost didn’t answer, but …

Veik, if you really want to talk to me … maybe try something else?

Well, it’s the truth.

I’m not even sure what’s so puzzling about me. I’m over a hundred and fifty, and probably too old for all this. Currently spending my time under house arrest during my debrief period drinking too many vodka cocktails in the morning, catching up on my holonovella serials, taking care of the children when they’re out-of-creche, sorting out future work contracts with The Company, and dabbling in my hobbies of lacquerware, flower arrangement, falconry and pipe smoking in the garden with a good book.

Honestly, I’m dreadfully mundane when outside a hydrostatic capsule and not having to curate a legend for years while I track people down. I don’t even much enjoy being an independent capsuleer, but it does have certain benefits I can’t deny.

Well maybe you should try and talk to me sometimes then. Rather than about me.

I admit, I didn’t know.

It’s a side of me I cannot deny. I don’t particularly enjoy it, but I won’t deny it’s there.

And if it feels like you are screaming into the wind, because you have reduced yourself to fear and deceit?

No… no, you most definitely don’t. You just tell yourself that’s not what you’re doing. And no, people don’t need to want to ‘hurt’ you to point this stuff out, Aria. Maybe you should stop and ask yourself why that’s what you quickly decide everyone who tells you that you’re wrong is trying to do.

1 Like

Capsuleers,

I have the honor of having the moderation of the Intergalactic Summit forums placed in my care. There will be more as they take upon the responsibilities of the IGS and they will be making an appearance in the coming days.

Thank you,

~Alexandre Arthie

Alexandre Arthie,
Directive Enforcement Department
CONCORD Assembly

12 Likes

Welcome to our nightmare… Mr. Artie? Officer Artie? Alex?

How would you prefer we address/refer to you?