Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Nah, it’s more like I detest capsuleers who could get such a giant perspective shift and vastly more access to knowledge than ever in their past lives, and their personalities still don’t evolve past the point when they discovered the concept of nihilism at age 12, and that martial power is so kewl. You’re outwardly more one-dimensional than Sansha’s True Slaves. And apparently proud of that. Well, you do you.

Of course who knows what poetic and tender soul might hide behind it all, if indeed any.

And anyway, it is less about you and more about the people type you represent.

Edit: Let me elaborate, I mean people who find every excuse to tell us how they kill people or ■■■■ people, or just slightly more creatively kill people by ■■■■■■■, like it’s somehow supposed to be impressive or interesting in our general company. And that’s not really even what makes me mad, it is just all the potential you’re throwing away.

2 Likes

Veiki is certainly poetic, it’s just not the kind of poetry that most people enjoy being subjected to.

1 Like

Why, do you want to know me?
I would want to know me.
I would want to know me so ■■■■■■■ hard.

As for being a nihilist – I am not a nihilist because nihilism is the philosophy of the depressed.

My personal philosophy is that philosophy is constrained by the informal axioms of language so the most you can hope for in trying to use language as the medium of truth is a few fundamental tautologies.

That said, I would draw the line prior to postmodernist deconstruction of language derived from the aforementioned.

But okay, for your sake let’s pretend I’m an involuntary celibate pacifist, yeah?

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I’m at least entertained by this argument.

So points all around, bravo.

1 Like

You missed the part where it’s less about you specifically and more about what you represent. So no, i don’t really want to get to know you, part of the problem in that being that I cannot trust people like you in the least.

1 Like

I have always been quite up front throughout my entire career that unless I am bound by a contract, that I should not be trusted.

I’m all demonic like that – I don’t even give out my True Name.

As for what I represent? Well, me. Duh.

1 Like

Incontinentia Buttocks.

Duh.

1 Like

I love treasonal seditions.

4 Likes

I read that book series. It was pretty good.

It was.

Not as good as the roadside picnic in abyssal space where I have to stalk through an anomalous zone full of hazards to find artifacts to sell, in my opinion.

1 Like

a. Out of respect for the topic’s originator, who specifically asked that your little side-spat be moved over here, I’m replying over here, and not being a complete ass by continuing that nonsense almost immediately beneath her request not to.

b. Valerie you twit, Miz said when you do something, not when you refuse to do something. Being stupid and pig-headed enough to get mentioned in a news article over ‘wah I want CONCORD to give me a custom-made dress’ is not doing something of note. It is, in fact, illustrating her point about you being basically useless except as a self-aggrandizing idiot.

5 Likes

“However, we now have to contend with attempts to bring economic pressure to bear on us from the Minmatar and the Gallente. I feel sure the Empress will focus the Council’s deliberations on a correct and measured response to misguided attempts to use interstellar diplomacy and economics to effect internal change in a sovereign state.”

I liked this bit from the Lord Tash-Murkon. Especially the last sentence about attempting to use diplomacy to effect change.

Well. How else do you expect them to effect change ?

1 Like

When a Goon lectures you on how to avoid being a complete ass, and is right, you know you are doing something wrong.

4 Likes

It’s just a phrase, Miz. It means something like “let there be enough cleansing fire to wipe out the corrupt nation states to ensure freedom and peace, and maybe just a little extra to deal with the capsuleer menace on the same go”. It’s just less catchy if put that way.

… that still includes most of my stuff, damn it.

2 Likes

Oi, PIEple! How is it you’ve not had your show trial and put this rutabega to death yet? Hop to it! Crush the heresy and all that! After all, you’re all about the swift reprisals to heresy that results in people getting hurt, right?

Or is that just when it’s Minmatar heretics?

3 Likes

TCMCs are not heresy; their use is considered within the spectrum of Amarrian orthodoxy.

No, you twit, Naupliusism. You’re still responsible for the murder of tens of thousands, in the name of something even you acknowledge to be heresy.

1 Like

If you think the fall of the “corrupt nation states” will lead to “freedom and peace,” you’re dreaming a beautiful and sad dream-- one that’ll meet reality like water meets metallic sodium. The survivors are apt to find that getting to even where we are now was actually really really hard.

This world isn’t corrupt because of some evil you can purge; it isn’t even really corrupt. It’s just sort of jerry-rigged, full of people who’ve done what they could with what they had. Anything that emerges after will be jerry-rigged, too. It’s all like that, up to the top and down to the bottom.

And if you think cutting or burning a bunch of it away will give you “freedom and peace,” you’re apt to learn to your cost: it’s way easier to make it worse, than better.

3 Likes

Of course it is not that simple; it is never that simple. You will notice, from what information is freely available of my work, that I do much more than mindlessly destroy.

There’s evil in the current system that must go; before we can build up to a better one. Current status quo is slow death. The burning part is a necessary condition to a better world.

But as you say is not alone sufficient, of course.

3 Likes