Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

No, I’m just not judging those who deem war may be necessary to acheive their goals for freeing their people. And I already have made my stand on slavery. I just hope to avoid a cluster-wide war in the process. You really haven’t been paying attention, anybody involved will tell you that I have not been a fence sitter in this discussion.

Every other nation in New Eden has come to the rational conclusion that slavery is evil and has outlawed it. Amarr holds it sacred to their identity. That is the problem.

Yes, I know. I’ve already complained about this and tried to come up with ways to convince the Amarr to drop the whole Reclaiming, but they’ll have none of it. Again, please be aware of whom you’re talking to and what I’ve actually said.

It’s not ‘humans’ as a whole making this difficult, it’s the Amarr specifically.

Yes it is. Too many vested powers are not putting sufficent pressure on the Amarr for various reasons, perhaps even expediency. This is a human problem.

I would urge you Tannia, as a rational person, to take a stand against slavery.

Again I have and I do. I urge you to read up on my posting history. I abhor slavery and have said so several times.

You might find that Amarr, faced with such a daunting prospect, might undergo something of a ‘conversion’ itself. If so, the State and the Federation both could show the Empire how to operate a modern economy without the need for slavery, for example. The Federation might even show them how to operate in a multi-faith environment.

You need to read the posting history on our discussions. I have, and continue to, beat my head against this wall. I may have an alternative though, a third way, that I have been considering. A human solution to a human problem. If I can get up the courage to try it, maybe…

Why are we expected to leave our brothers and sisters to perish in chains when you would not?

I’m not! How did you even get this from what I posted?

1 Like

Very well. I shall take some time to read your previous viewpoints.

It’s a pointless discussion anyway and has been gone over too many times.

2 Likes

No, it’s not. Maybe I will have the privilege of proving it to you someday. Just never give up, for no good reason, whichever path you determined is best.

For humanity!Humanism for all!

Edit: Historical baggage found with previous salute. I would love to use it, but too many exclusive minded, non-humanist persons have used it in the past and I don’t want to be associated with such people.

1 Like

That kind of falls under the behavior of a fixation, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Of course it does, my point is why even have that fixation in the first place? What is it about those of Achuran ethnicity that makes people act so irrationally?

2 Likes

They’re kawaii and all tsun but no dere.

1 Like

Something about being able to just take one of them and put them in your pocket appeals to a lot of people? Seriously though, they’re considered exotic and that attracts all sorts of attention. At least that’s my take on it.

1 Like

Exotic compared to what, though? Surely Vherokior must be considered just as Exotic?

3 Likes

:kiss:

3 Likes

Especially the red haired ones

3 Likes

:blush:

2 Likes

I don’t know why one’s considered exotic and the other is not. Marketing, perhaps?

1 Like

I just hope we’re not seriously competing about who should be fetishized by the Butcher the most.

3 Likes

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt

3 Likes

That t-shirt needs careful laundering.

3 Likes

He gives out t-shirts?

3 Likes

The short answer is: there’s basically just one planet of us, and SuVee controls substantially all access. At the same time, we’re culturally pretty inquisitive and our leaders aren’t quite content to just keep us to ourselves.

Those who have spaceport access are mostly culturally Caldari-- comparatively incurious and informally discouraged from mixing much with other ethnicities. Those who do not have spaceport access are intensely curious, but, as a client people, also formally restricted from mingling with the rest of the State. That’s often a prerequisite for broader interstellar travel.

There are a (very) few of us elsewhere, mostly the Federation. The upshot is, we get out just enough to be visible.

2 Likes

Because his real fixation is on having fixations. It’s all very meta. He’s playing 5-dimensional fixation checkers.

He fixated on them for a while, too, remember?

The more accurate answer is: the ‘exotic’ thing isn’t really a factor here, Napkins is obsessed with you.

1 Like

That’s the specific answer in this case, yeah. Ms. Ember’s original question seemed to cover the whole broader pattern, though.

1 Like

It can’t be wrong. It’s getting all you nice people to pay attention to him and keep bumping his threads back up to the top.

2 Likes