Over the last two years we’ve had to forgo in-person summits due to the pandemic, however this year they are officially back! CSM 17 will fly to Reykjavik, Iceland for a week of meetings from Monday, January 30th to Friday, February 3rd. We’ve finalized our topics, some of which we want to share with you. Further, after the summit a summary of everything that was chatted about will be made available.
- EVE Leadership - Goals for the summit, state of EVE, detailed look at the roadmap for the next expansions
- CSM Program Evolution - Ideas and brainstorming for how to improve the CSM as an institution
- Quality of life - Prioritizing and aligning on issues that the community identifies as “Little things”, along with other quality of life discussions.
- Team Security - Chatting with the security team over the methods and tools they use, with a look at data from 2022. Also a look at upcoming tools.
- Ship Balance - Brainstorming and chatting about ship balance through various areas of EVE.
- Sovereignty and Resources - A look forward at the plans for sov and the future of resources in New Eden
- Projection - A discussion about projection across various areas of space
- Campaigns, Events, and the EVE Narrative - A discussion about the future of live events and the role they play in the ongoing narrative
- Redacted! - A look at an upcoming feature that will have more information soon!
- Monetization discussion - Quarterly chat with Sr Monetization Designer and the commerce team.
- Heraldry - A look at where Heraldry is going!
- Redacted - More info coming soon
- Player Research - A chat with senior player researcher, CCP Scopiostar
- Wormholes & Pochven Power Hour - A chat about the state of Wormholes and Pochven
- Excel integration live demo - A2=Price(Jaguar)
- Tech Coolness - A chat about ESI, and a look at local chat and updates to the EVE Launcher.
- Photon UI - A look forward at what the next phase of Photon UI has in store!
- EVE Leadership AMA - A bit of a bookend from the Leadership Intro earlier in the week
On Friday, the CSM will be presenting some topics to CCP Iceland. These meetings will be aired company-wide, and recorded for posterity. No pressure, CSM!
- Corp & Alliance Management
- Advanced Industry Topics
- Factional Warfare Playstyle - Pre and Post Uprising
- The Importance of Sound Fiscal Policy in EVE
- Wormholes - How Do They Work?
We may have a few topics added between now and the 30th, though for my personal sanity and that of @CCP_Zelus I hope those are minimal.
The CSM Summit is a great opportunity for the CSM to coalesce as a group, and the best way to associate names and faces. There will also be room for smaller break-out discussions, and of course after-hours chats with developers. As per protocol with these events, all of the official meeting topics will be recorded and made available to players following the CSM Summit. Compiling the meeting minutes is a bit of a process, so they will not be immediately available.
If any of these topics interest you, or there’s anything you wish to impart on your CSM representatives, now is the time! Give them a poke, or drop a message here in Jita Park for them.