Old School 2009-2011 Player thinking about coming back

A) Forget highsec. You’ll get bored of the missions (which have not changed since 2011) and mining (which has been severely nerfed).

• This is dying game full of toxic players, there are entire alliances specializing in trying to get killrights on highsec mission runners and stealing their mission critical loot.

• Over the past decade, CCP has not added ANY PvE content, had NOT addressed the fact that toxic players exploit game mechanics to hurt peaceful players, but instead seems to have focused mostly on making nullsec more fun.

I presume this means Eve Online does not generate much income from highsec carebear-style players such as myself.
While I understand the need for money to keep a game running, I feel CCP has put too much focus into uninteresting, uninspired PvP content like the Trig invasions, had not addressed the problems with thieves and scammers at all, and utterly neglected adding anything new to PvE content.

I for one will NOT be extending my subscription, as it feels very obvious that CCP doesn’t make enough money off highsec carebears to do anything for them, like maybe a new Lv4 mission (not a single one added in a decade) or protection from scammers, thieves and griefers.

B) Unless you pay, you’ll only be able to use certain modules (up to T2 as far as I’ve seen), and unable to use anything larger than a battlecruiser. So you will be able to fly your Drake, but not the Navy Drake; you’ll be able to use Arbalest (Meta4) missile launchers but not T2 ones,

C) If your stuff isn’t in Misaba or another blacklisted system (with 24/7 station camps), maybe you could contract Black Frog to carry it out.

1 Like

Who do you think produces those materials and equipment the ganker used to suicide gank mission runners.? In new eden their is no innocent players even career PVE players.

1 Like

CCP/EVE needs to conduct a social experiment.

When players put their items on the market, there should be a selection field that allows them to choose whether players who kill other players are allowed to buy the listed items. It should be fairly easy to internally classify players into this category using stats that are already tracked.

Then a bunch of statistical data should be gathered, such as how many players turn that option off, how long they keep it on before turning it off, how long items from both groups of sellers sit on the market, etc.

I’d really love to see that data.

2 Likes

Except CCP added a lot of new lvl4 missions … that lucrative that it is a problem of easy ISK printing. Your whole posting is from the loser‘s point of view. You know in EvE only can make yourself one, get over it.

1 Like

I already sold a lot of warp disruption field generator that I looted from dead rats which are used for pvp. I’m not good at pvp so I’m focused on pve. This makes me not innocent on the PVP side of this game. So this is why I don’t agree with a lot of opinion of my fellow pve career players.

“Tipa Riot
Except CCP added a lot of new lvl4 missions”

You’re lying. Can you name one mission that was added after 2011? (one that does not have “Triglavian” or “Anomic” in the title.)

https://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=MissionReports
The last edit was in 2018.

2 Likes

again you go on about this , whats the backstory we want to hear about it.

I’m not a care bear and I’ve seen care bears ruin Eve like games for me many times, so I have no sympathy with care bear wining. Really, Eve is NOT a care bear game, it was never intended to be a care bear game, and I’m glad CCP has not changed it into a carebear game. Care Bears scare me more than any shitbird pirate could ever scare me because they have this strange affect on some developers that makes them change a great game to a boring, NPC, snooze fest full of boring people doing boring things that require mindless, mind-numbing repetitions of thoughtless actions.

Since the first time I played Eve back in 2008 or 09, I hated NPC mission. I actually fell asleep at my computer I was so bored and actually quite Eve twice before I moved to Null sec and found a PvP corp. If Eve ever goes Carebear, I’ll be gone a lot faster that it takes a fresh piss to lose it’s steam in the North Pole in January. I’d rather bang my head on a concrete wall than play in high sec. Nothing personal.

This is peak concurrent, this graph needs explanation. Its counted like that:
If there was a fleet of 2000 pilots passing thru it, it registers all the systems the fleet was, and showing a lot of systems with high numbers, while the adjacent systems are pretty empty and it can fool you for thinking people only are there. Also Null is notoriously known as inhabited by many alt pilots.

Most of people inhabit high sec still and you can find a lot of pilots there.

There were changes, the old POS stations were removed, replaced with citadels that are destructible, the mining ore composition was changed, moons are harvestable, the ship meta changed also. And of course gaining ISK ratting is now harder, I think people stealing from farmers are a scourge, and already many people moved to abyssal pocket running and Incursions running.

The battles in null still are happening, and wars are fought, sporadically but rather massive.

So if your primary activity was just PvP ing, you will be pretty satisfied with null, else not so much.

1 Like

You mean like mining, planetary interaction and most missions in EVE. I agree with you on that: boring to death.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.