Old School Player from 2009

Hello,

I haven’t actively played since 2011. Back in 2015 I was just paying to train my character. A few questions:

Yeah, the obligatory “Is Eve worth playing these days” question? Specifically, two concerns “Free 2 Play” and the sale to Black Desert. Has that been a net positive or not?

The last time I actively played was 2011, and the last time I logged in I was in the player station in null sec where I stopped actively playing. I was not able to access my ships, and the corp I was in is long gone. The last time I actively logged in was late 2015.

Question: can those stations be destroyed? If so, are all my ships gone too (I had several Drameils and about 10 Drakes, all fully outfitted, plus many other ships like hounds, bombers, etc, all pimped to the max.

In case they are still there, how do I go about moving them to a new location while I integrate myself back into the game?

Thanks for any help.

Oof I can feel the desperation here. If its a player-made structure like a keepstar or sotiyo then yes, it can be destroyed. If its an npc station then no, it cannot be destroyed.

I… dont really know how to save your ships. Where are the ships in, by that I mean is it in the corp hangar or what?

It’s really a bad idea to live you belongings in-game in a player station if you want to take a vacation from the game. A lot has happened in this game even the other NPC stations are already pochven.

None of the stations that were around when you last played actively will put your stuff at risk. The ones in most of Null were converted into limited-edition faction Fortizars (a Fortizar being a large citadel with the ability to dock capital ships) and one of the traits of faction Fortizars is that they will never go into the abandoned state in which your stuff is at risk.

2 Likes

Yes they are in a corp hanger, the last time I checked, that is.

Just checked and I first made an EVE account in 2005, not 2009.

I also wanted to ask about NULL space and other new instances of space in general. So when I was playing NULL was the place to be. There were no NPC protections or rules. PVP free.

What has changed now?

Also, I contacted CS and they said all of my ships are safe in wrappers (secured containers). So that’s cool.

Everywhere is an open PvP zone. That includes nullsec, lowsec, wormhole space, Pochven and highsec. Nothing has changed - when you undock another player can shoot you.

Is null the place to be? That’s up to you. It is if you want to play in a larger group. Smaller groups/solo players tend to hang out in lowsec and highsec which have more rules about engaging in PvP and NPC stations, or wormhole space which functions as nullsec in terms of PvP rules, but the wormhole mechanics shape how large groups will grow. Pochven seems more intended for the small group/solo to play in a very challenging environment, but so far seems to have not taken off due to a lack of things to do.

I’d say nullsec is not the place it was just a couple years ago. CCP is in the middle of sweeping changes to resources distribution and exactly how this will all shake out isn’t clear. It seems they are directly or indirectly trying to make New Eden more integrated and thus groups and individual players will have to be more fluid as to where they are active.

Play where you want. If you want to be part of a player-run empire, head back to null right away - it’s easy to join one of the big groups. Otherwise, stick to Empire space until you get the hang of the game again and then find a group doing what you want to do.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.