Out of System Corvette Choice

Of course!
Well… the discount civilian versions at least, those will be included as all other weapons.

but Vorton and plasma need omega to use.

I’ve always scratched my head at the fact that if I “Board my Corvette” as an Amarrian character in a Minmatar station, I’ll get a handed a ship from a faction that is in a de facto state of war with the owner of the station I’m in. Having players docked in NPC stations receive a corvette of the faction of the station owner (when applicable) seems like a very reasonable change. It makes little difference from a gameplay standpoint since all corvettes are both grossly underpowered compared to even T1 frigates and largely similar to each other in overall performance, but from a lore standpoint it makes heaps of sense.

1 Like

There is really no need to worry about the exact owner of the station - just base it on the station model. There are only four styles of station models.

I think owner makes more sense than model. Architecture does not define the business than runs it. If a station is for sale and a corp buys it, they’re not obligated to adapt their business practices to the type of station they purchased.

Dude, you want the feature? There is no way CCP is going to build Sisters of Eve and ORE corvettes just so that the station owner can match the ship.

I never went as far as to say additional faction ships should be introduced - someone else said that, not me. In the absence of a direct match (eg. Upwell, SOE, etc), your racial Corvette would be provided instead.

I defer to the judgement of the veteran.

Put your title back on!

It was revoked. For poor behavior . . . I think.

2 Likes

The civilian versions that would come with the corvettes could be available to alpha players too, those weapons are quite weak anyway.

The reason I started the question is that I didn’t like that I could travel to a system 31 jumps away from my starting system and I still got stuck with a Velator. Although I like the Gallente as a faction, I hate the Velator’s look, but like the looks of the other 3. I also like to explore environments in most games I play. So in this gamer I use a corvette as my exploration vehicle because I don’t have the resource’s to get a shuttle.

That’s why I mentioned Aesthetics.

Also the corvette may be just extra HP for your pod to some but for others that don’t have the money or resources its a viable option for exploration. People also use shuttles, which have no slots and are just fast and maneuverable.

If they were to amp the corvettes up I would just suggest a small boost to base max speed and maneuverability making it easier to stay alive without infringing on shuttles or specialized speed typed ships.

Honest question: you’ve been playing EVE for at least several days now, how can you possibly not have enough resources to buy a shuttle? Or a T1 frigate?

You could ask around and find someone to give you another type.
I was in a corp yrs ago where we did Corvette welp roams. It was fun while short lived.

I meant building one. that’s part of the fun. Also only play maybe hour or 2 a day. I work over 12hrs a day 6 days a week. this is one of my stress reliefs.

Even so, the amount of ISK you’re talking about is negligible once you get out of the tutorial. I genuinely don’t understand how you can play this game for a couple of hours and still need to use the free tutorial ship to save ISK, especially now that the tutorial hands you so much easy ISK and ships.

The differences are not purely aesthetic. There are some minor differences between the corvettes, as spending a minute with the compare tool will show.

Those minor differences between ‘useless outside tutorial’ and ‘useless outside tutorial’ are for many players too small to call anything but aestetic.

I think it would be nice to get different corvettes based on station(owner) or system, but I also think this may require more work than it is worth. Not that I know how much work it requires, but this change would barely affect anyone, as corvettes are pretty much useless.

For people who use them as free shuttles: the extra hp layer is nice, but your pod is faster. Get a real shuttle instead!

1. Why is this supposedly necessary?
  2. If they want to fly different corvettes they can buy them from the market for cheap.

I remember I had to do this once… this was shortly before CCP introduced the “Board Corvette” option letting you get access to them regardless of whether the station you were in had any ships in them or not. That was a sad, sad day for me.

5,000 ISK of shame.