Greetings Quality Conscientious Capsuleers!
Today I’m very happy to announce the start of the public testing phase of the Outpost conversion, scheduled to hit Tranquility on 5th June. This initial testing period will happen on our secondary test server Duality. The details on how to connect to Duality, can all be found in this support article.
For more information on the details of this transition, take a look at this dev blog outlining the high level process, keep an eye out for a more detailed dev blog due in the next few days, and have a watch of the 2018 Fanfest Structure presentation (the relevant part starts at 12m 35s).
This is going to be a very large and intensive migration with many moving parts and intricacies which we cannot fully cover with only in-house testing, so we really appreciate any help you can provide in this process. We are especially interested in how the migration works for owners and administrators of Stations.
So without further ado, let’s go through the plan!
- Wed 25th April (Today) - Duality is opened. Pilots may log in and get themselves set up in an existing outpost/conquerable station. We encourage you to make sure that your chosen station has a wide variety of the following:
- Industry Jobs
- Market Orders
Note: A good way to record information about what you have contained in a station before the migration is to take screenshots of your hangars, or alternatively copy the contents into a spreadsheet or document to refer to later.
Thu 26th April - Duality will be taken down some time after 13:00 EVE time, and all outposts and conquerable stations will be converted to structures. This will likely take multiple hours.
Fri 27th - Mon 31st April - Duality will be brought back online and pilots will be able to log in once more and check that everything is as they would expect after the conversion.
During the entirety of this process we encourage pilots as always to let us know what you think of the conversion, including anything that we may have missed or anything that looks strange after the conversion. The best way to do this is to comment in this thread with as much detail as possible as well as of course, submitting bug reports for any problems that occur. Bug reports should be reported from within the client whenever possible, and ideally have “Outpost Conversion” in their summary to allow them to be easily processed.
Things to Note:
- The database mirror is from the end of March.
- Duality is slow, expect things like regional markets and systems to take a long time to load.
- There is no standard 100isk test server market seeding on Duality, this will mean that pilots will need to use their own items for this test.
- The “/moveme” command will be available on the server. We will set this up with many systems to help with moving to an appropriate outpost/conquerable station.
Thanks and happy testing,
CCP Lebowski for Team Five 0