We are planning a mass test on Singularity, on Thursday, April 13th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time) to test improvements to shadows and other changes.
What exactly is being tested?
- Changes to shadows - especially testing client performance and stability, but they should also look good.
- Changes to antialiasing - also mostly checking client performance and stability.
- Two server performance checks (for fleet warps and for combat).
The changes will be deployed to Singularity tomorrow, Wednesday,.
How to connect to Singularity for this test:
- Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
- More detailed instructions are available here.
- Join fleet W or X through fleet finder
- For shadows and antialiasing it is recommended to use high graphic settings (especially for shader quality).
- Meet in FD-MLJ, at the gate to X-BV98
- Jump to X-BV98
- Align to beacon “MassTest A”
- Fleet-warp to beacon “MassTest A”
- Align to beacon “MassTest B”
- Fleet W: Fleet-warp to beacon “MassTest B”
- Fleet X: Fleet-warp to beacon “MassTest B”
- Shoot titan while measuring server performance
- Warp to Poitot gate
- Fleet W: Jump to Poitot
- Fleet X: Jump to Poitot and fight (all PvP allowed)
What else should I know?
- 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test.
Ran the test on the Beta and there was a few choppy moments to start and then ran smoothly afterwards.
This was my first test on Sisi. Shadows were great!
I noticed some bugs on my Revelation guns, while shooting at the Titan. They moved weirdly, probably some kind of animation issue. However, since I do not own a Revelation on Tranquillity I’m not sure if this is a known issue or not. Overall, the test went well.
CCP Habakuk > Please feel free to send there suggestion on what we could change to increase the population at mass tests.
I think there needs to be some more incentives so more players show up. Some kind of rewards that can be used on Tranquillity should do the trick. For example, 100k SP (or even more, after all these tests seems to be fairly infrequent) might be incentive enough for a lot more people showing up. If not skill points, a small Omega extension on an already Omega account (2 days?) or something along these lines. But I think skill points would be enough.
That was fun, great to see all the fireworks!
I really like the support payload.
Hey! Thanks for participating (even though it was a pretty small mass test)!
We were able to identify a few bugs and are still going through further data from the test.
2M SP were added to 88 characters on Singularity as small reward.
Yeah, we are currently investigating other options regarding rewards for future test, as well if we can improve our communication about the mass tests.