We are planning a mass test on Singularity on Thursday, June 9th, at 17:00 UTC (= EVE time)!
What exactly is being tested?
Several graphical changes, as announced in Building the foundations for an evolved EVE experience | EVE Online
- DirectX 12 - only available on GPUs, which support DirectX feature level 12_0 (normally supported by new cards since 2015 - dxdiag.exe shows the supported feature levels on the display tab). DirectX 12 will be switchable in the launcher, as soon as enabled by us.
- Changes to texture compression
- Changes to LOD-ing of objects and textures
- High-res nebulas
How to connect to Singularity for this test:
- Change the server from Tranquility to Singularity in the bottom right corner of the launcher and log in as normal.
- More detailed instructions are available here.
- Please join the channels MassTesting (for instructions), MassQuestions (for feedback)
- Fly whatever ship you want (optimally one, which can fight in a fleet fight)
- Join fleet W or X (should be in fleet finder)
Steps (on command by CCP):
- Meet in FD-MLJ, docked (in either station or Upwell structure)
- Undock and warp to X-BV98 gate
- Jump to X-BV98
- Warp to Tatara
- Shoot the Tatara (no other PvP)
- Warp to Poitot gate
- Fleet W: Jump to Poitot and setup camp
- Fleet X: Jump to Poitot and fight
What else should I know?
- Use the command /moveme to be moved to the start system FD-MLJ.
- 2M Skill points will be awarded on Singularity for this mass test.
dont forget to restrict zirnitra dreadnought from masstests as its broken and overpowered
Wouldnt it be useful since this is more about graphics and shooting a structure??
not when someone brings 50-200 zirnitras on field instantly evaporating titans supercarriers.
Ima bring an rorqual. Combat drones ftw
I was not aware that someone bringing 50-200 Zirnitras is a common occurrence during mass tests.
And even if it is, who the hell cares? It’s the test server.
Especially since this mass test has nothing to do with titans or supercarriers
Can’t wait, Oracle (AES-429) on stand-by.
In case you don’t know, AES stands for Amarr Empire Ship, 429 is its length on its major axis
Does the chat server on Singularity even work? I can’t connect to any channel since my char was copied there (~3 months ago). Any channel says “EVE System > Could not connect to chat server test.chat.eveonline.com:5222”.
Yes, chat is working fine on Singularity, at least for me.
welp didn’t expext 13.5 GB download -.- can I skip this ?
You probably have ‘download the full EVE game client’ turned on in the launcher. If you turn this off, you will be able to play with the minimal install (it will download things during gameplay in the background as it needs them).
Thank you so much for letting me join today’s mass test. I am looking forward to more in the future
I cannot join the test. Anyone able to help me? 2 mil SP are on the line… more than my whole SP collection
TY, I have it for on for tq. Didn’t know it would have to download it separately for sisi.
Managed to turn it of for test so just had a few hiccups while loading station and keepstar textures/models.