Oz (CSM) kindly requesting your input regarding trading & markets features and issues <3

You would kill an entire player profession if that was implemented. There are no upsides to NPC hauling whatsoever.

It will not kill an entire player profession but not having the feature is killing the entire game

How is asking other players to move your stuff killing the game – a game that is all about social interactions, mind you.

Thats a bold claim, looking at the fact that EVE seems to do fine after 20 years of not having that feature.

There is a minimum wage in EVE online and asking players to do something below that is not going to work most of the time. This is why i have a bunch of courier contracts that do not get picked up despite offering 10% of the est. value as reward.

Creating curer contracts is also clunky in the first place. So even if that market was active and you would get your stuff moved making the contracts is still a bad UX that could be improved.

If NPC courier was implemented, game designers might feel compelled to create an even clunkier UI with added taxes, so that a player courier contract would be easier to set up, and/or cheaper. For example, the default NPC customs office taxes for planetary import/export are, I believe, 11%. This creates an incentive for players to take them over, and offer a lower tax.

EVE is some distance away from dying.

You would be surprised. People take the most ridiculously underpaying courier contracts just “because they are fillers”. They don’t even see the problem with that attitude. The great unwashed players don’t care about “minimum wage”.

Im still waiting some stuff in Everyshore and Verge Vendor to be moved to Dodixie even tho i offered 10% of the Est. Value, and yes its in high sec.

Consistent drop in average players in an industry and market that was growing exponentially in the same time period.

Just gonna leave this here

I prefer that sending the item is done “by NPC” but the game could also set up a player cuirer contract for you automatically. There is a chance that if cuirer contracts become more widespread and easier to set up that they will take off.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.