P2W march!

To be honest it’s possible to enjoy both games. The whole idea that there can only be one space mmo (to rule them all) is utter nonsense.

1 Like

Hard to enjoy the game where all what you achieving for years can be obtained with $$$ by click.

This touches on why microtransactions ruin games.

By providing an easy route to success, they devalue player achievements.

P2W is what happens when Private Equity takes control. They live for cash flow, they think only short term (this quarter’s numbers) and they’re going to get it one way or another no matter how much of the game’s DNA they have to plow under.

I’m sure there are behind the scenes fights inside CCP against this wholesale P2W model and the total disrespect for skill point planning and management. If the private equity guys were wiser and more patient, EVE could have a much longer run than its going to have. P2W will eventually cheapen the entire experiences to the point where this will be just another instant gratification game.

How very sad and self-defeating that the owners of CCP completely do not understand this.

CCP sold the golden goose for cheap

No people… No Single shard… get lost mate.

2 Likes

Lol.
And where all EVE people?
Jita?

Yeah… tell you what… why not. So we can all play in our little part of the galaxy to avoid not being to play together because the instanced aspect of it does not allow all of of us to play together.

Might as well play a single player game then with NPC’s. And their excuse… large player groups rarely happens because the galaxy is so huge.

SP Count isnt “winning”

/thread

2 Likes

It’s funny how the OP states “milked” while we all have a choice to use it or not. I bet a lot of people will USE it regardless of the handful of Negative Andy posters on this forum. Just as people use plex and injectors, like going “man injectors suck so much as a concept” buys 12 more.

3 Likes

I dont. I severly doubt its economically sensible compared to many other ways of getting those SP.

And tbh, its really not very much SP in terms of value.

I mean, the easiest defence is ofc, if you dont like it dont buy it.

Its not like we are ever going to find out what a fail idea this was because CCP dont actually ever say anything straight.

Conversely, even if I do think injectors/extractors are evil, I cant say it matters to me where someone got their SP. It doesnt matter if they have more, youll never know when you meet someone, so its really really easy to think “They did that cos they have more SP”.

Cept usually, its doesnt matter at all. Its a good little psyche trap they are using, but like all advertising, it really doesnt stand up to scrutiny.

So, in summary; 70% solid marketting idea, far too expensive, not worth it, disingenuously sold, and really nothing to worry about. If daft whales wanna waste their isk, go right ahead.

2 Likes

I started the game (Eve) again on a new account . Any donation would be appreciated.

I’m waiting for the big update, and then a little bit more time to work out the problems, then clear my save and do a fresh start. I have 2 accounts anyway.

CCP is quickly forgetting why it made plex in the first place by introducing new features that bypass it. Well meh they’ll soon be reminded, my gf will be pleased that my geeky internet spaceshop hobby is paying for our end of lock down beach getaway :slight_smile: .

Hey P2W noob, Do you need a new ship to go with your new dollar bought expert skills? CCP don’t yet sell ships for dollar but I do, :). /s

CCP don’t forget why you made plex. Tackle your plex liability it is huge and stop pretending like you can write it off, you can’t without killing eve.

And it can keep waiting, never installing it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I agree, there should be a base p.c.m dollar account fee per charchter ie, 5 dollar, plex should still be able to make up the rest but all players should be paying $ p.c.m.

I am an eve trillionaire who has not paid a $ in a decade & 10 years ago I paid only for my subs.

CCP needs to tackle its plex liability & then get in the black by charging a base $ fee per account. Alpha is still fine bill omega players.

1 Like

And all omega’s are, even if indirectly, plex isn’t free and CCP actually makes more money from plex omega than selling monthly subs

They are not, someone else bought it likely several years ago. CCP has already accounted for that revenue, I suspect CCP misleads about its plex liability by my own calculations of in game plex & what ccp lists as “unfulfilled subscription”. I think ccp regards in game plex as fuffilled subscription which it clearly is not as it can still be converted to server time ie, omega status.

I maybe wrong but for sure no one from ccp will be along to answer so let us assume the worst position.

Not the case, they have to account for it in their finances as services not yet delivered, its all listed separately

See above by my reckoning they do not. I think unfulfilled subscription only accounts for subs with duration left & maybe plex sitting in login redeem screens. In game plex I am sure is accounted as fulfilled & thus not accounted for at all on the books.

Would be happy for ccp clarification but until then assume the worst.

I think the off book plex liability is now so bad that ccp are not even trying to tackle it. Ie, no new features will utilise plex.