PANDORA News Roundup - January YC124

broadcast-JanYC124

News for January YC 124 in the New Eden Universe of EvE Online.
Our monthly news covers significant campaigns and missions at https://evepandora.com and other events in New Eden.

This broadcast covers the following subjects

Our monthly faction warfare campaign - Arm Your Weapons - continues as a campaign for each of the four factions. As mentioned in our previous news report, this monthly campaign was modified for January onwards to reward the top 3 for each faction.

The top capsuleers for each faction throughout January are as follows:

For the Amarr
FIRST COMMANDER’RIKER 500m isk
ETYMON 300m isk
CDLOON 200m isk

For the Caldari
RUSH ALDERONE 500m isk
RAVEN ASUL 300m isk
HENRIK SUZAKU 200m isk

For the Minmatar and Gallente factions for this campaign, we have an agreement in place with Shifting Suns Industries to supply a ship, with a fitting of choice up to the value of the reward including delivery.

For the Minmatar
FORTY WINKS 500m isk
POL MACSLIEBH 300m isk
HARKON THORSON 200m isk

For the Gallete
ALEXANDER KARDIEU 500m isk
JANUARY MARQUISE 300M isk
KURUK ARNOOK 200m isk

The Siege Of Deven

Gerard Vineyard launched the Siege of Deven on the 18th of January, a campaign aimed at hitting the Caldari militia hard - forcing them back and out of Essence.

We asked Gerard what the purpose of the campaign was and the outcome.

“Aideron Robotics and the Gallente Militia as a whole have been fighting over Placid for quite some time, and AIDER leadership wanted to pull back closer to our home in Fliet and try to instigate fights in nearby systems to draw Caldari Militia attention away from Placid.”

We asked Gerard what resistsance they encountered from Caldari forces during this campaign.

“Caldari Militia members fortifyed Deven and at the conclusion of the campaign they were able to deplex the system to stable. While this is not an ideal outcome, it did free up pressure on other Gallente Militia corporations throughout the rest of the war zone.”

And finally, we asked details on the fleet commanders that were involved in this campaign.

“Our fleets were less successful at getting kills than our solo pilots due to the retreat tactics used by the Caldari Militia. When any of our fleets would be present in a complex, the squid would scatter away throughout the system or turtle back to the station, so I’m not sure it makes sense to credit any specific fleet commanders. But Alexander Kardieu was very successful during this campaign as a solo pilot.”

It was in fact Alexander Kardieu who came out on top claiming the top reward for this campaign. This campaign rewarded all pilots of Aideron Robotics for kills during its running time. Two failed hack attempts were made to reveal the objectives of this campaign.

Spacelane Patrol

This campaign relaunched on the 22nd of January, focused on engaging pirates along the Jita tradelanes. We can confirm that this campaign will run every two weeks for four weeks.

At the time of this release, Rick Pahineh leads in first place, followed by Ellie Stasarik and PuppetMaster Naahi.

This concludes Eve Pandora Insider News for January YC 124. We will be back in early March with coverage for February campaigns, news and events.

if you have news and events you’d like to see included make sure to get in touch.

Join our Discord channel for automated reward notifications on campaigns you have been involved in and automated faction war system control changes using our exclusive eve pandora bot.

See you next month!

4 Likes

One paragraph ago the goalpost was pushing us out of Essence.

:slightly_smiling_face:

The reason for this is stated in the paragraph. Your fleets just wanted kills, not good fights. The T1 calmil frigates you kept trying to drop on were under no obligation to stand still and let themselves be swarmed by Pontifexes.

Alex is a good pilot but in my humble opinion Ralli deserves credit too, for taking solo fights without high grades, bling and drugs.

That said, no siege is complete without some battle reports:

January 17:

January 18:

January 19:

January 20:

2 Likes

I think the pressure was ‘lessened in the rest of the warzone’ because you abandoned your allies in North Placid, and without your support they lost virtually all their systems. You let them flounder because you want people to come and fight next door to you.
Aideron Robotics everyone-big strategic thinkers, and strong allies to nobody.

2 Likes

When people state facts with no fanfare and no data, it usually implies a failure.

@Ange_des_Larmes Pretty sure if you click the top video link and goto 4:15 it shows the stats and data which evepandora was mentioning.

The leaderboard is the same.

I’m not sure there was an explicit success condition, merely a means to reward those participating in order to encourage a given activity. No one serious is going to say a rewards campaign will somehow end piracy, but it can at the least validate those looking for the opportunity to punch back.

Discord invite on evepandora.com shows as expired or invalid

Probably a good idea to learn to distinguish between the reporter’s statements and those of a quoted source. The reporter may be way out in front of their skis at the moment, but quoting a source who says something different than you isn’t moving the goalposts.

You know if you hadn’t put the word ‘serious’ in there, I totally would’ve said that. :stuck_out_tongue: Way to pre-emptively ruin the joke, Utari!

I live to serve

1 Like

The issue with the discord link being expired/invalid has now been fixed.

Regarding the campaign discrepency - i believe this is around this part:

"forcing them back and out of Essence."

The news broadcast videos and the compiled text descriptives are largely AI produced by the evepandora BOT by reading the campaign descriptions and objectives as set by the creator of said campaign or mission. The final results are from leaderboards as read by the evepandora AI and produced into text and the video output.

The Siege of Deven campaign has the following description:

DEVEN IS THE LAST HOLD OUT SYSTEM IN ESSENCE FOR THE GALLENTE FEDERATION. THE ENEMY IS USING THIS SYSTEM AS A STAGING POINT RIGHT ON OUR DOOR STEP, WE MUST PUSH THE CALDARI BACK INTO THE CITADEL AND OUT OF ESSENCE ONCE AND FOR ALL!

The bot produced this as the actual news text/speech to result in “pushing/forcing them out of Essence (the collective intended targets of the campaign)” which is incorrect. I’ll modify this side of the code to interpret intentions and results closer in future. :wink:

According to a Gerard Vineyard quote, Gal-Mil launched an offensive aimed at capturing the Deven system on the 18th of January. That’s Gerard, not the reporter, setting the goal.

According to a second Gerard Vineyard quote, this offensive failed, but success was still professed, because it supposedly reduced the pressure other Gal-Mil entities were exposed to during the operation. That’s Gerard, not the reporter, scaling goals back in order to have a reason to feel good about running into a wall.

The only thing the Reporter has to do with it is that they made these statements public. They weren’t addressed at any point.

Show me where in that statement—which is the one about the 18th of January—there’s a Gerard quote. In fact, the only ‘quote’ attached to that statement is the one about drawing attention away from Placid, which is the one you accused of moving the goalposts.

That’s the reporter’s words. That is not a quote.

It’s like if I say ‘Miran Tereven posted a bunch of stuff aimed at maliciously discrediting EVEPandora’s reporting’, that’s not a quote from you, clearly establishing your goals. That’s my words, making a claim about your goal that is neither authoritative, nor your claim.

No, if Gerard used the EVE Pandora application to start a campaign with the goal of taking the Deven system, then I will take that as him setting the goal to be the capture of Deven. Simple as. If that goal then changes post-factum, I will take that as the goalpost being moved.

LOL. Ok, then you go ahead and you commit yourself to relying on your enemies to publicly broadcast their campaign objectives in ways that no sane military leadership would be stupid enough to do. With strategic sense like that, you might even have a bright future in TEST.

I don’t rely on that. I live in the target system. That is why I responded in the first place.

I would not consider any future outside of Ishukone’s fold bright.

I find your commentary very puzzling. You clearly do not know Aideron very well. Aideron who, while being a truly loathsome, cowardly, hypocritical lot of Snuffed Out lapdogs willing to cuddle up to every thing that crawls and creeps in Lowsec, willing to backstab every ally and accessory to every scheme their scam artist founder ties them into, all while donning the cloak of ‘liberty’…well. They quite often do exactly what you refer to. It’s a running joke among their members that their operational security is, well, a joke.

Speaking as something of an insider (as if that could be difficult for their enemies), I can tell you that taking Deven was indeed their internal objective. Affairs in Placid were never mentioned except as ex post facto justification. The brief blurb in Pandora is damage control - which, to be fair, is not quite the same thing as hypocrisy. I would in fact say Gerard is one of the more generally honest, sensible and upstanding capsuleers among their cursed ranks.

1 Like

Can someone do a dramatic reading of this? The first paragraph has serious copypasta potential