Part of the botting problem? Simultaneous Alpha Logins remain unfixed

Go ahead. Show me an MMO where they don’t use player reports on bots. Show me a PVP game where players never fight bots.
And show me an MMO where there are no bots.

2 Likes

You don’t get it…

This is not about gettinmg rid of bots.it’s about even TRYING at least…

All those “banned accounts” CCP shows in those blinky reports are not out of THEIR effort,they are flagged by PLAYERS…and CCP simply bans them and sells it as “success”…

They have NO paid people that actively search,no the WAIT for the players to flag them…

They are not doing their job

Really?
Got sources showing CCP do no work on their own?
Because that’s a pretty big claim to put forward. On the level of slander/libel even.

Right…stay in your bubble and ignore the reality…cozy in it isn’t it?

I am having a hard time understanding the motivation behind multiboxing. It must be hard to manage multiple accounts, like real work! And how much isk do you need really? I mean, is there any RL gain? I thought you could not convert isk to RL currency???

1 Like

So no sources then. Just you slandering the Devs because you don’t like that players can report bots… (or is it libel, internet forums confuse me as to which one applies)

Your behaviour around this topic alone proofs my point…

My behaviour…
You mean pointing out what the Devs do, that we have reports from them about investigations they themselves have done on bots.
And asking for proof from you that your claims they are lazy and do nothing are correct?

You mean that behaviour proves what exactly? That the Devs are working? (proves btw, not proofs)

There are “allegedly” numerous sites you can go to and buy as much ISK as you want, along with other items much cheaper than buying and converting a plex and getting them in game.

Most of the bots are just isk farmers for this purpose, converting it into cash via those sites.

Okay, I did not know this. Thanks for update. This explains a lot!

The funny fact here is that ccp even denies having a bot problem…
They ban a couple of them but less than an hour later the same bots are there again with another account…

The benefits of free to play…

Weren’t you all for a more marketable 2019 style of game Balos ?

Subs were a thing of the past they said …

F2P is the way forward to change they said …

See where that train of thought gets you.

4 Likes

Are there official statistics about this? I remember CCP saying that the majority of RMT related ISK comes from hacks, not botting. I know it doesn’t mean that in reverse this means that the majority of botting isn’t RMT related, but I’ve always wondered what kind of weird income source for real money botting is supposed to be. Thus I’ve assumed that most botting isn’t RMT, but rather people trying to shortcut/keep up with the steep economic race for in-game purposes.

I think its hilarious that people are worried about some botting with alpha clones mining in highsec vs people in Null NOT botting because they would get ganked with fleets of 10 multiboxed Rorq pilots turbo mining entire systems dry in Null. How much ore can alpha clones really be dumping on the market compared to that?

I don’t know, how much % of ore mined goes on the market anyway compared to being used by the player and or his corp/alliance. Simple fact is that if a player is multiboxing at least there is a player there to compete with that has made choices investments and friends that may have cost who knows what. With botting there isn’t.

People kind of have better things to do than loop kill 20 identical ship that respawn while the guy who made them is AFK and to kill them you need to be in a ship that is good for nothing else.

Eve has always had an interactive bug reporting system with the players, to involve players in the solution to botting is not imperative but it’s not beyond possibility.

Whatever works

Fair point, let me answer. I’ve started this thread because I have some alts who regularly move around Highsec and I’ve seen and I reported what I perceived as bots. From the naming, age and shipscans I did, it seemed very likely to me, that some of those have been fleets of Alpha bots. The unfixed exploit makes this much easier for an EULA-breaker, than additional technical measures would.

Now, the influence of Nullsec botting and also the insane power of the non-botting Ore proliferation, on the in-game economy is surely much, much greater and needs to be talked about until everyone is sick about it and it finally changes. Personally I think it is too late for this. Everything CCP changes now, will only reinforce the mistake itself. No matter how hard they nerf Ore Anoms, the Rorqual, Excavators - the damage has been done and cannot be undone. That part of the game is over. Unless they come up with some masterplan how to introduce new factors of power, new win conditions, that are in zero relation to previously acquired wealth: there is no going back.

However, the presumed Alpha Bots in Highsec create a problem in a different dimension. They are close to starter systems, i.e. where new players would hang around. If new players have such encounters, this could highly demotivate them and paint a very grim picture of the game, even make them leave. There may be “good” reasons why a new player decides to leave, like finding the game too hard or something. Having a huge bunch of bots around them is certainly a very bad reason, because it’s not how the game is supposed to be and not how it has to.

2 Likes

i’m sure they’d allow you to loot their wrecks and yea why not give the players that would take part some isk reward :slight_smile: of some kind. but lets face it, people would show up just to get the killmails :eyes:

I believe you are correct in your assessment, as I have already witnessed this happening near one Gallente starter system, i.e. conversations in local, from new players, speculating on bots.

It’s why I started ganking apocs there.

2 Likes

Not sure i see the connection or relevance.

It sounds like a nice idea but the problem remains identifying a bot, if it was simple CCP could just wipe them off the game without firing a shot. You could make botting part of the game in which case it would be available to anyone through some in game method but assuming that isn’t the route CCP wants to go it is probably not a good idea to make it part of the content.

This makes me smile, new win conditions and the old win conditions are ?