Part of the botting problem? Simultaneous Alpha Logins remain unfixed

CCP know who they are :wink: making bots legal and available to all, that’s a game breaker. no thanks.
CCP already made bots content a few months back by moving them to high sec and allowing players to kill them. was a good move and i’d like to see more of that.

1 Like

Well it’s not that far fetched if you think about it this way.
Plex was brought in to bring the isk black market back into their control, potentially the same thing could be done with botting, the result would potentially be a revenue in the same way Plex is and therefore an incentive for CCP to make it more challenging for botters. Last but not least, It would be a very Eve way of fixing the problem.

You’ll have to explain how they did that because I haven’t noticed any difference, what were these bots doing before and how is it now easy for players to kill them in high sec ?

Just say no to droids, join the capsuleer union, give them all your isk and wonder why they never logged in again.

1 Like

Ccp gathered players in yulai and then magically teleported botters into the system and made them suspect.

1 Like

The simple solution is to require a credit/debit card, no charge, to play, even for Alphas.

Then you just ban the card and everything attached to it.

2 Likes

Almost every bank (at least in my country) allow to make many virtual credit cards. So another useless idea to limit access to game by normal people while “meh” for bots.

If a task is capable of being completed by a bot then players will create bots to do it. The solution is probably there.

Well then my first idea was the best, remove Free to Play if it is going to be abused.

Since it’s a stupid idea, it tells long about your other ideas.

I’m serious about legalising it, if they are not going to prevent it but do nothing is the worst option.

But even that would require addressing the fundamental reason bots exist. that activities in eve can be completed with little variation in response by the player and repeated over again. I don’t know how this problem has persisted for so long, it must be fairly easy to identify where bots are being used.

Hmmm Odd

I’m not sure which idea you are referring to, but I’m sure you understand that your conclusion is wrong. Most ideas by most people are “stupid” and there is nothing wrong with it, as long as they can let go of the idea once they understand its weaknesses. Having one or many “stupid” ideas certainly doesn’t tell about the other ideas a person has.

I’d even go so far to say without having a large number of “stupid” ideas, someone is not going to produce a bunch of really good ones.

Digressing somewhat.

Free to play is nice I personally would like to see it be a success story.
Botting is not caused by Free to Play but F2P might have augmented it.

Mining bots have an effect of the market economy making that activity harder for players to make profit from but of course there are lots of alternatives to mining and the only real advantage of mining I have ever noticed is the lower level of concentration required.

FW bots put pressure on the contested level of systems. They waste peoples time even those not in FW by putting uncatchable targets everywhere. They are a significant proportion of all plexing done by some militias perhaps even the lions share. And they also have an effect on the market economy but no one is too bothered about that because FW is already mission farmed 90% of it’s LP by people with no interest in FW. I don’t know if that is a good or a bad thing because at least if they are farming missions they are not farming plexes so it gets rid of them.

It was a joke, focusing on the “best” part of his sentence. However most his ideas are stupid, mainly because he proposes simple idea to complex issues, like “your leg hurt ? cut it !”.

Don’t worry about it, she is a well known troll. Do us a favor and flag her post.

Ah okay, I mean, I thought it was meant as a bit of irony or so to mention going back pre-Alphas.

Anyhow, I think this is not a correct generalization no matter what. Maybe as a rule of thumb - okay. Complex problems often call for complex solutions. However, if you count in that “complex problems” are not only “complex”, but also “problems” and that the first at least sometimes means that its complexity derives partly from its setting being complex and that the second at least sometimes implies that there is some (possibly subjective) urgency that values “any valid solution” over “the perfect solution that fits perfectly into the complexity”, it leads to the understanding that sometimes indeed there is a simple solution for a complex problem, if this solution lowers the complexity of the pre-determined circumstances (the setting of the problem) or in other terms, if the solution doesn’t accept a set of settings which make the problem so complex, that you’d be left with a narrow path of already mutual exclusive choices, or again in other terms if the acceptance of a complex setting, excludes the possilibily of solving said “problem” within those settings and thereby offering only the choice between yielding to the problem or dismantling the setting.

Then, indeed, the hammer can be the best or even the only solution.

CCP certainly, like every other company, comes up with ideas that later cause problems for them that they usually try to overcome without removing the issue that caused them. For multiple reasons.

We can see that on example of new chat system especially.

indeed, but presenting a simple solution as a good solution without considering the complexity of a problem is a bad solution.
In most cases, cutting one’s leg because “it hurts” is not a solution.

1 Like