Penalize "overkill" hulls who enter low-end combat anomalies & cosmic signatures

Okay, first of all, a lack of risk is fine if the reward scales to match. And, this is the case when it comes to HS combat anoms. In fact, CCP doesn’t need to restrict or punish ships because the potential reward effectively regulates who runs it. So people stop running it when they outgrow it.

Second, you seem to be operating under the assumption that the people that are running anoms have no business in anoms. However, the fact that they are wasting their time putzing around in anoms indicates that they don’t know a better way to make money and/or are risk adverse, and slow to step outside of their comfort zone. Remember, a lot of people rush into larger ships, and a character’s age is no indication of how long a person has been playing. For example, I’ve seen quite a few people warp all sorts of “advanced ships” stuff into incursion sites and get blapped because they had no clue what they were.

Long story short, things are working fine as is.
No P2W

2 Likes

Another consideration:

We’re not all in there for just ISK.

3 Likes

How dare you! Space ISK is serious business… just as space anomalies you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

/s

2 Likes

You post this in the CSM channel. A CSM member responds saying what you’re saying isn’t clear. You tell me to go read something else you wrote to somebody else.

Why not just answer my question?

6 Likes

That is you mistake. X, Y and Z are for everyone.

Similarly in Eve, you don’t really benefit from running “low-end” stuff when you have the opportunity of running “high-end” stuff. Sure, I can bring a blinged out marauder to a pirate hideaway, but that would be stupid in many ways.

So, you wouldn’t say you were out-competed because literally everyone trying is out-competing you. Just send him the ISK. You may send some to me too.

Or rather, the problem may be you asking for the game to change to suit your mentally in despite of everyone else’s.

Yes, read what you are posting. For some reason “overkill” is inconveniencing you so much that you come to the forum request a game change to deal with it.

You should be embarrassed for yourself. Why are you still doing thing that you allegedly can do in your sleep if is challenge that you are looking for? Go for the challenge if that is hat you care about. Or is just for everyone else that you want it?

1 Like

Possibly to save typing the same thing 200 times? How annoying would that be if you have to keep typing the same thing to answer the same question from 200 different people just because they all want personal replys and can’t be bothered to read the answer that’s already written two posts above the shorter reply directing you to their answer? That’d be pretty time consuming and annoying.

His idea itself though is a little flawed as it’s assuming EvE is like other MMO’s with levels of difficulty based on experience. It definately isn’t for the most part and maybe mission running would be a better option for him at the start? Just be sure they watch their standings or they could mess themselves up over time.

1 Like

The idea isn’t too outlandish, Eve online ALREADY gates content to some extend, but CCP use hard limits instead, so there’s jump gates to mission sites that only allow specific ship types and the highsec gates don’t allow carriers, dreads, titans, etc to get through. Stuff like that. The only softcap in the game is concord.

Contrary to what the players say, CCP themselves don’t appear to be entirely on board with the idea of a truly open, sandboxy type of MMO and I suspect they compromise on this sandbox so often, out of pure necessity.
What would happen for instance, if you let carriers run abyssals?

Yes, the OP should save time typing, rather than saving me time in reading a dozen back and forth posts when I’m trying to do that for everybody who is posting things in here and wants us to take things to the Devs.

Maybe, just maybe, responding to me when I ask for clarification is a bit higher priority than responding to other people in here? Maybe, just maybe, if you want your idea presented to CCP, helping me to understand it so I can present it is the least someone can do?

4 Likes

Wow, someones a bit moody today.

It was two posts above the reply to you… not a dozen… literally 4 seconds or less of scroll to get there… no need to bite my head off over something that minor. If it’d been a long way up the posting list fairysnuff but it isn’t.

1 Like

Still haven’t answered my question. Thanks for wasting my time.

3 Likes

Here is a clue OP…

Some people do these HS anoms as a way to get Escalations.

sometimes you have to do dozens if not 10’s of dozens to get one…
Efficiency is how fast you can knock them out…especially if you need any where between 10 and 500 sites to get an escalation.

Another thing to note: This is not WoW, there is no Level skilling or skill gates in this game…go back there or what ever traditional MMO you came from if you cant wrap your head on the above.

2nd Thing: Stop qq’ing and Carebearing…Learn to EvE.

6 Likes

“efficiency” in a small plex like a hideaway , is clearing them as quickly as possible to move on to the next , in hope of an escalation . the “challenge” is not fighting the entry-level npc’s , it’s to beat other players contesting the site .
players using a cruiser or battlecruiser won’t have to re-ship if they get an escalation . that’s efficient , however they risk losing the site to smaller , faster-locking ships as you have seen :

which is the balancing factor and makes your proposed changes unneeded …

1 Like

No, that’s not my mistake. That’s my critique.

No, I can hold my own and accomplish my goals. The point is, if what I proposed was implemented there would still be people capable of competing for sites. Namely, more powerful small hulls from T2 frigates to T3 destroyers. Ships that can target faster and apply damage better to small targets than the larger ships. So the common ad hominem strawman that I want to eliminate the competition is absurd.

By that logic all change is inherently bad. When it comes to anyone proposing a change, where else would someone get their ideas. From someone else’s mentality? Do you even listen to yourself? At this point you’re just bickering to bicker. You have no actual critique other than being salty. And now you’re the authority of “everyone else’s” mentality who plays?

I’ve explained clearly my viewpoints on what I perceive as flaws in the game’s tier structure. You have no genuine critique so you just keep resorting to attacking me instead of the argument.

Did I hit a nerve? Too close to home? It’s hyperbole. I’m sure you’ve heard of it. Although in all seriousness it depends on the fit and the security rating. A ranged fit or even a velator with two drones could be done fairly easily in higher security. On the other hand, close range fits require more finesse. So, yes, I could do them easily if I was inclined. But I don’t. And I’ve been doing Refuges and L1 missions anyway. And I’ve also done the occasional Forsaken or Forlorn Hideaways, which definitely can’t be done in my sleep in an Ibis. One mistake and a dessy can eat up a Ibis pretty fast. I only pop into hideaways if I want to pop one NPC and bounce for the daily.

Haven’t really seen anyone agree with you on here.

Yet, here we are resurrecting a dead discussion because your pride won’t allow you to let it go.

If you can do these sites “in your sleep in an Ibis”, maybe YOU should be restricted from doing them, as you are clearly to elite to be there.

3 Likes

And if everyone and their alt can accomplish those same goals quicker and easier, that is what we call “out-compete”.
But yeah, you can pretend it is not and take people in their laziest moments as the benchmark to your “accomplishments”. Whatever floats your boat.

Your agreement isn’t necessary. Most are adverse to change. Seems your pride won’t let it go either. Otherwise, you’d be quiet and let it die.

A week later and still crying, I see.
Be the change you want, haul yourself to higher level sites.

There are plenty of sites. Most time people leave if someone is already started. And if someone doesn’t; I get some, they get some. At the end of the day I accomplish what I set out to do in more or less time. However, the point is tier structure (or the lack thereof), which you clearly cannot dispute so you’re left with nothing in but petty jabs at me. Again, feel free to disagree. But the way you people attack others for having ideas you disagree with is just unnecessarily extra.

You seem to be the one in their feelings. You came at me with attitude. Not the other way around. You clearly have been reading post selectively if this is your comeback. You clearly have no grasp of the subject thread. Or you do and ad hominems are your red herring of choice. Either way I’ll be ignoring your petulant comments. I’m sure there is someone else who has an idea you don’t like you can whine to.

To use your own words, I feel embarassed for you.

You came with a poorly thought out idea.

When told it really had no place in a sandbox, you really didn’t have the emotional tools to accept it.

And here we are a week later with you still needing to lash out.

Let it go, dude. Be healthy.

edit: two weeks