Personal war - a tool of interaction and drama

I think the isk/reward rate and workload rate would make this very hard to abuse.

I used to run wardecs… they’re a lot of work if you’re doing anything besides humping a station.

Suppose you limited each player to 3 grudge declarations, 15 mil each.

I have no idea if the character is online, I’d need to have dozens of alts to have anything akin to a “blanket” of decs… and I’d be jumping between them all day trying to figure out who is on and where across all those characters.

No, it’s too much effort and expense for such a low chance of catching anyone…

I think this mechanic would work as advertised… for grudges.

Because CCP has designed it such that freighters are helpless targets.
The ‘methods to avoid it’ are just that, avoidance, not being there does not make you any less helpless. And given the choke points on the trade routes, avoiding it means logging off and not hauling.

As for dozens of alts being too much work… seriously, you do actually know what groups like CODE do right? They already have the dozens of alts, they have the 3rd party software, the scout networks all already in place for ganks. All they would have to do is check the name against the spreadsheet, log the correct character on and solo gank the target instead.

I think you are wildly overestimating their level
of organization and capability… and interest of CODE and the like.

Personally, I think they’re Eve’s last relevant drama creators. Once theyre gone… that’s it.

But the kind of organization you imagine is unnecesary, they can watch a gate on the pipeline and plan to hit the autopiloting freighter if their choice 3 jumps later… with almost all day to prep off that one bit of intel.

Why keep spreadsheets? It’s absolutely unnecessary. If I see you at one end of the pipeline autopiloting a Charon… I can very predictably tell when you’ll be at the other…

I can get everyone together in the lowest sec system on the pipeline to make it as easy as possible. Spreadsheet would come in to determine how many ships are needed to get the kill…

But no, I don’t think they could manage blanket decs if the mechanics I proposed were implemented and I don’t think they keep long lists of freighter pilots.

This whole thread is because you lost some loot while you were doing missions in highsec. Why not do them in lowsec instead? Better loot and you can kill people who steal your loot

Because I think correcting this issue serves the greater good of the game.

I think being able to fight over loot is more important than loot.

1 Like

Well said good sir.

I agree with the OP that EvE could use some sort of mechanic to enable hunting down personal grudges. However, being able to buy a personal wardec for ISK just because you want to is a step too far and would open up all manner of abuses.

However, I could see some room for expanding the current killright mechanic.

Right now, a killright is a one-time suspect flag, either for you or someone else who pays for it. I’m going slightly off topic here, but why not change that up? Make it so that if someone earns a killright against you, you can either offer it up for sale as a one-time suspect flag (exactly as you can now), activate it as a one-time suspect flag yourself for free (again, exactly as you can now), or pay CONCORD to enable some sort of limited personal war between you and the person who previously relieved you of your ship.

There’s much less room for abuse here (your target has to have aggressed you first), there’s no change to other existing killright mechanics, but if you are holding a grudge for someone over stealing loot you’re still left to your own devices.

Thoughts?

you can go do that in lowsec

that isn’t what op is trying to get at, he wants to murder people in highsec without a killright. He’s trying to kill off ninja looters because he can’t kill those in highsec and lowsec is too dangerous for him

I understand. I think that’s a bad idea, which is why I offered an alternative.

You can fight over loot. If someone steals ‘loot’ then they go suspect.
The issue here is not that they stole loot, it’s that they stole the kill, which isn’t yours till you have it, and then they also grabbed the loot before you could get there.
TLDR, Get faster.

OP you are ratting in the wrong place, rat in low sec, wh or null then you can kill “kill thieves”.

Problem solved.

/thread

1 Like

They were rude, I want to explode them.

I expect CCP to support this impulse. Eve is supposed to be about communicating in the language of bullets.

I see personal war decs as a limited form of the interaction war decs used to represent.

Abuse? Nah. Use. And yeah, I’d use the help out of it

You can explode them though.
Nothing in high sec stops you. (ignoring rookie systems and rookies obviously).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.