Phantomite 2023 - Real Eve - PVP First - CSM 18

This is a very over-simplified set of questions, but i’ll answer some of them.

1. CCP runs the best and most impactful sandbox virtual world ever created.
  2. The company occasionally encroaches upon the sandbox with extremely poisonous monetisation schemes, I hope they always see reason and cancel like they did recently.
  3. Cat Ears.
  4. The monitor.
  5. The spaceships.
  6. Bigger and smaller editions of the monitor.
  7. I’d take inspiration from some of the games that Zachtronics made to add in a solid production “design” game.
  8. Throw it all out and start again - doing so by giving corporations the new system, with a button to switch their membership over to it (at a downtime) once they’re happy with their setup.

These set of questions namely 3, 4, 5, & 6, are in fact four of the most powerful therapeutic questions ever developed, informally labeled quantum linguistics. You’ve mistaken elegance for over simplification. Shame.

I think that your answers compared to the answers given by other candidates reveals your personality style and priorities.

1. I’d take inspiration from some of the games that Zachtronics made to add in a solid production “design” game.
  2. Throw it all out and start again - doing so by giving corporations the new system, with a button to switch their membership over to it (at a downtime) once they’re happy with their setup.

I’m with you on these issues. It takes all types of people. Good luck.

1 Like

Very few people have a deep and appreciative understanding of the mechanics of eve online and how it is evolving. Phantomite’s ability to ask hard questions and create nuanced solutions to problems is fresh and adaptive. I look forward to seeing Phantomite back on the ballot and am excited to put him #1 on my ballot. The past year has been successful, and I look forward to seeing a continuous of that success by hopefully electing Phant to the CSM. If you are interested in voting for Phantomite, he is more than willing to chat with anyone, and I encourage you to reach out to him.

Why do you think your changes will increase the amount of people in space, along with more people in game?

What changes of mine would you like me to pick out? I’ll pick the big one but will happily talk about other points too.

Ansiblex changes to drastically reduce the projection of super large groups presents them with three choices:

1. Be unable to reach the edge of a vast empire fast, while remaining stacked in the centre. - choosing to not have as much content
  2. Bring in the borders - thereby opening up a frontier of opportunities for PvP and some forms of isk making that were previously much harder for others
  3. Spread out to have a presence over the entire vast empire.

All of these options open up opportunities for more achievable PVP in areas that were previously a desert with a highway passing through - indeed, it WAS the highway that made it a desert.

2 Likes

til why I hate ansiblexes too

for real though I just got out of voice with this guy for the first time, and he seems to have a lot of well thought out level stances that piss everyone off.
great stuff.

You have my vote and support.

Compared to the EVE I saw in 2009-2020, the Universe has become stagnant, vastly due to the sizeable Null bloc alliances that attempt to justify their continued existence by projecting their power into game development so they can cling onto power for a little bit longer. Anything that threatens them is struck down due to their vast influence (members with Omega accounts) over CCP.

CCP must realize that there are two outcomes with continuing down this path—stagnation or degradation. Right now, we have stagnation; the game doesn’t seem to be growing or changing to keep players interested, and the constant promotion of ‘content’ and ‘game stability’ in reality is just them wanting to line their pockets more with virtual currency to justify their time sunk into the game and their respective alliances. Even the big powers will leave in the long run, though they will sink the entire community before that happens.

There needs to be an opportunity for new powers to rise and fall repeatedly to keep the game fresh and interesting. So many times, I have been told “it’s impossible” to change who is in power or make any significant mark on the universe. The main reasons given are usually gameplay-related but also political power, groupthink, cultural acceptance, and vast amounts of capital from exploiting game mechanics in the early days of EVE.

The day that the megacorporations of the likes of Goonswarm, Pandemic Horde, TEST, Brave, etc., will be the day that stagnation will end. I do not have much faith in the CSM, and I honestly wasn’t going to vote. I do not agree with some of Phantom’s ideas. However, he is going in the right direction and has the game’s interest at heart and, in turn, CCP.

Good luck, Phantom. You will need it against the combined might of the megacorps and CCP itself.

1 Like

Reading what you said, the way you get more people in space, is by making the space people have to be in harder to get around in? If that is what you are proposing, by all means, run with that. Be consistent as well, no more filaments, make all wormholes static so people cannot just pop up where ever they want.

I would love for the PCU to get back to 2013 levels of activity. We need to give people reasons to be in space, not make the space people live in harder to use. I know you focus on PvP, and Eve is a PvP game first, but you need the PvE as well.

So I ask again, how are you going to get more people to log in, and keep those players in space?

1. Wormholes are available to everyone, so everyone has an equal opportunity to use them, invade, get around, and use them to their full potential. Ansiblex are robust, static gateways, easily defended, and provide massive reach throughout the universe. They are only accessible to Sov owners and are fairly easy to replace for megacorps, yet a large investment for smaller corps with less territory.

2. Filaments are random in destination (to my knowledge), accessible to everyone, and are not static. I do not see how they are relevant.

3. The argument that it won’t bring in new players and neglects PVE can just as easily be made that it will bring players in and promote PVE. Megacorps snuff out competition (Trade War forcing them to stop leeching off low and high sec). It can be argued that making it harder for megacorps to project their power outside their territory will allow more corporations to stand a chance in ratting, scanning, WH exploration, PI, Trade, industry, etc., as there isn’t an overarching shadow smothering them. Goons couldn’t drop on a new trade station with their gates with little to no consequences; they would have to travel there, risking ganks, resistance, travel time, etc.

+1
/five

Will you stop RMT and Gambling operations being run off TOR and other means, Phantomite?

You have my vote Phant. We might not see all the little specifics in the same way, but in general, I agree with you and your big picture.

The stability and ability of extreme power projection of large SOW nullsec blocks can kill a lot of fun things in EVE, incuding - but not limited to - industry outside of nullsec, and small gang / roaming PVP.

Your opinion about lowering hull prices and increasing module prices is very interesting. By PVP point of view, it will be a very good motivating factor to go out and kill things, because loot will be more valuable than before. From PVE point of view, it will make good ole’ ratting and mission running a little more competitive, especially compared to other, newer PVE activites. Because of the increased value of NPC ship wrecks, salvaging and looting might be a better choice than blitzing.
It worth noting that it will make beginners life a little bit harder, because it will be disappointing the face the reality of the module prices for your desired fit just right after you finished grinding all the ISK to get the hull you wanted so bad.

I really hope I can hop in a few fleets in the following days, I will have other questions :smiley:

1 Like

Gambling in Eve with isk isn’t the issue you think it is, compared with RMT.

Do you think that CCP is waiting for a CSM to say “stop RMT”?

Because if so, you are implying that every CSM member beforehand has failed to be concerned about this issue. Of course I hate it.
I had some long and interesting conversations with CCPers in GM and security roles last year, I hope to continue that.

1 Like

+1 for Phantomite <3

1 Like

Election day nears. Many other candidates are putting their trust in my by adding me to their ballots, and I will soon have mine ready to recommendation! Stay tuned, join my Discord server!

Unfortunately CCP ruined “legitimate” gambling in Eve (the hypernet) when they broke automatic item claim and “Want a Gift” contracts…

1 Like

I’ve been involved with Eve for nearly 20 years, Phantomite is without doubt one of the best FC’s I’ve flown with.
His knowledge is unparalleled but he still manages to be one of the most welcoming and approachable people in the game regardless of who you are.

If you like PvP and a healthier Eve in general Phantomite is YOUR candidate.

1 Like

Phantomite gets my vote.

CCP should make him a dev never mind the CSM.

1 Like

Phantomite
is
THE
PvP
candidate.

Vote for him.

1 Like