Phantomite 2023 - Real Eve - PVP First - CSM 18

Eve online is a game full of stories.
The stories are captivating because they are player driven - these are not experiences and events that are primarily driven by the lore of New Eden.

There are few things more damaging to the sandbox than stability. Stability, when driven to an extreme, freezes the possibility of major stories from ever occurring. We see this most notably in Sov Null, where three remaining major powers have found ways to cement their vast empires - forever homes - and conduct what they refer to as war almost exclusively on the edges of vast self-created deserts.

I do not consider myself to be a lowsec CSM candidate - I consider myself to be your PVP candidate - Nullsec’s balance impact strongly across all of New Eden economically and in terms of ship, weapon and game balance. I do not believe that “sticking to my area of space” is going to create big enough change to get Eve back to war.

There are clear paths to undoing this stability, clear paths to bringing life to these deserts.
I have been campaigning enthusiastically for changes to come to Ansiblex - the current method of maining vast tracts of wastelands between empires - spearheading such a cause for some time.

I have been playing Eve since 2007, virtually non stop. I treat Eve as a PvP game, a notion that many have been seeking to undermine in pursuit of destroying the sandbox.
I am an FC with experience in all sized of PvP from solo to very large fleets, from frigates to supercaps.
As of just over a year ago, I am also a CEO and have been greatly enjoying building a successful corporation engaged in FW - the best thing to have happened to lowsec in a decade, a feature that I pressed hard on during my previous CSM term.

I have had CSM success across a wide number of changes, including major changes like the broad citadel rebalances to small things like multiple clones in single Citadels/Stations.

Please do come and talk to me -

Phantomite 2023 Discord: [CSM] Phantomite from Blue Canary

My website contains a strong list of specifics:

And you can contact me directly on Discord under the name whispous.

If you support real Eve, please reach out and vote for me. I do not give up.

15 Likes

Phantomite will be my top vote.

1 Like

+1000

this guy knows what is good, and that scares the hell out of the entrenched blocs, who would like nothing more than to maintain their stranglehold on the game as they slowly but surely squeeze the life out of it.

make eve great again

vote phantomite

1 Like

Love your post. Unlike some of these others, I read it allll in one pass.

WAIT MULTIPLE CLONES WAS YOU?

You really changed my life already. Thank you so much.

1 Like

I used to follow bloc voting, vote for xyz, in the order of 123.

I once voted for Phantomite, I didn’t know who he was or what he did. Several years later, we have crossed paths, worked together, and died together (Align pls, fml) and he is a good man with disruptive ideas, I couldn’t find much to disagree with as I no longer have skin in the game (From null, politics, assets, etc) and his choices to increase participation and enjoyment of the games purest form (Pew pew) resonated with me as a insulated smol gang player.

I’ve played since 2003, but hate politics, so ■■■■ talking to other people, pew pew.

Phant/Whispous/Angry Tech guy, will be my #1 vote.

Cheers.

1 Like

If you play Eve for the stories of its greatest conflicts, for its PVP highs, or both, vote for Phantomite. This is a guy that knows the conditions required for fights in Eve that are frequent and fun.

I’ve been around Eve since 2004, and returned a year ago after a long absence. In that time joining Blue Canary has been the decision that has kept me engaged and enjoying the game. I’ll always +1 to a Phantomite fleet, and he’ll be my #1 vote for CSM.

1 Like

His ideas piss off all the megablocs that got to use to the idea that eve is game about safety and stability.

1 Like

I haven’t known Phant all that long, but in that time it’s been pretty clear that he is knowledgeable, experienced and fiercely passionate about Eve, and its future.

He would have had my #1, based his personality and vision, but the fact that he makes that stress vein on Brisc’s temple pop out is just icing on cake.

Been playing Eve for nearly 16 years. You will not find a more passionate advocate for making Eve better than Phantomite.

You may have parochial interests (at this point in your Eve career), but if you want the game improved both for what you are doing now, and what you may wish to do in the future, Phantomite is best-positioned for that task.

x to vote Phantomite

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree with Phantomite ! Vote Phantomite for better pvp !

1 Like

You may not know me well, but I want you to know that you are in my list of CSM

1 Like

Thank you all <3

Eve’s design has been hamstrung noticably since Citadel towards safety.

Safety doesn’t create stories.

1 Like

I have received payment, and am now pleased to announce that the mighty Safety. alliance will be recommending miner Phantomite for the CSM.

1 Like

There is a one thousand piece puzzle to making Eve be a varied, fluid, endless war universe again - the biggest by far is fixing Ansiblex to reduce vast, instant travel.

@Phantomite would you back any idea mentioned below as CSM member?

1. Insane idea - pay with PLEX in NES for extra dev time
  2. Quafe+ is from "biomass" (...or corpse reprocessing)
  3. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - Better Visibility Of Other Players’ PI Networks
  4. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - 13 requests for Stack Split enhancment since Jun’18
  5. Little things / Small QoL suggestions - PI KB-shortcuts for toggling between groups of structures
1 Like

Hi Elinore!

1. I do not support this idea, as I believe that while it sounds good, it does not consider some painful realities of how software development works - it’s not a “pour money in, and X gets better” type situation.

2. I would like to see some improvements, like this, to corpse use - perhaps with grading and better market tools to trade valuable ones!

3. If you can see them when you squint, but can’t make them clearer, it’s an obvious good change to be made.

4 & 5. Ideal small QoL concepts, especially the stack splitting one.

1 Like

Every year there’s always nullbloc CSM members talking about how they got CCP to not do this or that, because it would destroy the game or whatever. Every year its just another null CSM members saying how they stopped the degradation of our game instead of actually innovating and improving our game. Why? Because they don’t want it to change. They don’t like change. They want more of the same. We as game need to start driving change and voting Phantomite into the CSM is the first step.

1 Like

Thanks Jay,

For far too long, the overwhelming voice is that of bloc leaders, not members. The incentives between the two groups are very different:

Members want fun
Leaders want stability

Those two aims do not gel.

2 Likes

d

1. What do CCP do correctly?
  2. What do CCP do incorrectly?
  3. What do you wish existed in-game that doesn’t?
  4. What exists in-game that you wish didn’t?
  5. What exists in-game that you think ought to continue to exist?
  6. What doesn’t exist in-game that you hope never comes into existence?
  7. How would you improve PI?
  8. How would you improve the entire corporation UI?