phpBB 3.2 EVE SSO / ESI extension [beta]

2018/02/04 05:12:50 [error] 28926#28926: *123 rewrite or internal redirection cycle while internally redirecting to "/var/www/html/phpbb", client: 47.198.198.176, 
server: my.url, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1", 
host: "my.url", 
referrer: "https://my.url/adm/index.phpi=acp_extensions&sid=90ecf8d831f87f90256b67a11d89d753&mode=main&action=details&ext_name=snitch%2Fauthevesso"

I am also using PHP version 7.0.22

I figured it out. Was an issue with my nginx file and settings.

Out of curiosity, do you have any plans to add mumble authentication as well from forums?

I thought about it, had a quick look and found that you would need ice to interact with the mumble server which would require people to install a php extension. Not sure if thats possible on common webhosters without shell access.

Hmm. Fair enough. Would be nice to have though for those that can ssh into our servers. I am pretty sure most webhosts let you ssh into them as well. Donā€™t quote me on that though.

@Aegis_Niminen
I think you donā€™t need to add an authentication for mumble to the forum. There is a python script for mumble which is doing the job very well. Iā€™m not sure if it runs with phpbb 3.2 but it should be easy to adapt it.

@Snitch_Ashor
I installed the phpbb3.2 and the EVE SSO extension on my test system. I did see that you donā€™t need your email to register for the forum? Would it be possible to integrate a email query and verification? I fear when guys are once registered that no one will add his email later. The email is quite important for me for all kind of announcements like a fleet announcement.

This looks promising, but itā€™s essentially useless for me as long as groupe membership isnā€™t automatically refreshed.

Hereā€™s our typical use case :

1. User registers a new forum account to post an application.
  2. User joins corp.
  3. User can now access the forumā€™s private section. (<- this needs to be automatic)
  4. User leaves corp.
  5. User canā€™t access the forumā€™s private section anymore. (<- this needs to be automatic too)

This is exactly what the included cron job does (e.g. once every 24 hours) maybe I should clarify this in the opening post.

Perfect

Just added ā€œcharacterSkillsReadā€, but it doesnt seem to do nothing

Hi,

got a small problem after changing btw. adding new scopes. I got that error message now, only in Firefoxā€¦

Bad Request - Invalid Header
HTTP Error 400. The request has an invalid header name.

After I got that message, I removed newly added scopes from developer and tried to login in Firefox, without success, so I changed to chrome, there it was possible to login and also remove the scopes from acp. But actually I am not sure what I have done and if that is due to my changesā€¦ Also tried to delete all browser data.

What have I done? :slight_smile:

Greetings from Germany, Kara

Command back, I needed to completely delete Firefox Data. So now it is working again.

@Snitch_Ashor

Could someone guide me on integrating TS? I have the TS integration activated, input the server ip and port, however, I am not seeing any TS group. Do I need to first create TS group before being able to see it on the EVE SSO AUTH page?

Thanks for the help

Complete noob issue here

First off fresh install of PHPBB

Once ive done the steps up to log in via EVE SSO

I get the following error after authenticating with SSO

Could someone help me activate the Teamspeak integration? Every field seems to be correctly filled out, but it doesnt show me any TS groups. Help!!

@Snitch_Ashor really nice work mate. I have tested the plugin except Teamspeak stuff till that moment, and I am loving it. Everything works like a charm!

@Ikki_Phoenix sorry, was absent for a while. You should be able to see existing TS groups, the mod does not create them. Nevertheless you should see some default ones. If not, is the ts server running on a differen IP? If so you might have to add the phpbb server to your white list.

@Lucinda_Trade from what I have seen so far this is most likely a browser caching issue, could you try w different browser or device? Or a private browsing session?

@Snitch_Ashor

Yea, seeing no groups at all. The TS server does run on a different IP.
What do you mean by adding the phpbb server to white list?

nvm if itā€™s on the same ip thats not needed. It might be a wrong passwordā€¦ Do you have shell access? If so, could you try via telnet if the password is correct?

on a shell could you do a
telnet 127.0.0.1 TS_QUERY_PORT (default port is 10011)
followed by
login serveradmin YOUR_CURRENT_PASSWORD
to check if thats working?

Hmm. So the port field is for query port?
What I have right now is
IP: atl-voice.fragnet.net
Port: 10004

and for login/password, the login/password my host sent me to connect to the TS web admin panel