This is a beta version of a phpBB extension that enables Single sign on for registration and login to the phpBB forum software: https://bitbucket.org/snitchashor/php-ext-authevesso/downloads/?tab=tags
Current version: 1.2.5b (19/02/21)
phpBB auth provider (replaces regular login completely)
Login / Registration using EVE accounts
Group management based on corp / alliance (using ESI to fetch)
Teamspeak serverGroup management based on corp / alliance
Display users corp / alliance below the user name
phpBB 3.2 or above
php5.5 or above with php-curl installed
A valid EVE Online subscription (you need one to register a developer app.)
Installation and setup:
This extension is under development, if you install it on anything but a fresh and empty board, backup your database and files now.
- Upload the contents of the zip to your forum root (the zip should already contain the directory structure /ext/snitch/authevesso)
- Go to the ACP
- Enable the extension under ‘Customise’, if it doesnt show up check the directory structure.
- Go to developers.eveonline.com and create an App, select API access and the scope esi-corporations.read_corporation_membership.v1 or wahtever other scopes you want to request, set the callback url to server/forumurl/authevesso/login
- Go to you forum ACP: General - Client communication - Authentication
Enter your app id and secret you got in the above step, as well as the Admin character name (Important: This has to be an eve character you will use from now on to log in as admin. If this char already exists as a board user, make him a founder and grant all permissions now.)
- Save Settings (LEAVE THE METHOD AT ‘Db’ FOR NOW)
- Click the Test SSO Button and log in e.g. you admin char, afterwards the logged in user should be displayed right next to the test button. If so, go on.
- Change authentication method to Evesso and save.
- Log in with the admin EVE char and purge the forum cache in the ACP.
- Start adding Groups / Teamspeak groups under ‘Extensions -> EVE SSO Auth -> Settings’
- Customize the requested scopes under ‘Extensions -> EVE SSO Auth -> Scopes’, make sure to add all of these to your eve developers app.
if something goes wrong and you locked yourself out, access your database and find the key auth_method in your phpbb_config table and change it from ‘evesso’ to ‘db’.
- Go to the ACP
- Under ‘Customize’ disable the extension (do NOT clear the data)
- Replace the mod folder with the updated one.
- Under ‘Customize’ enable the extension
- Purge the Cache on the ACP main page
A few notes how its working:
This extension automatically creates a forum user account for evey user that logs in with his eve account.
It only handles the groups configured in the extensions ACP menu, it will not add OR REMOVE from any of the groups / teamspeak groups not entered there.
phpBB3.1+ has a new cron system. if you wish to run the cron jobs manually, the command to do so is: php install_dir/bin/phpbbcli.php cron:run (set to run e.g. once in 15 minutes, dont worry, the actual jobs run at different intervals) In that case, go to your boards server settings and set ‘run periodic tasks from system…’ to ‘yes’.
Inspired by EVE API for phpBB 3.0 by Cyerus and phpBB 3.1 Authentication Provider for Shibboleth
Using the Teamspeak PHP framework
ESI client generated using swagger codegen
Russian (right now not complete)
Jintaro Keo for a lot of testing and the russian translation
Report any bugs you encounter here or to admin(at)brgf(dot)de
If you wanna support this project, feel free to throw some ISK at Snitch Ashor
Heres the original thread: