PI could use some love - suggestions

Maybe holding SHIFT while dragging one head should move all heads

2 Likes

Let us name launchpads so I don’t have to write down whatever the hell goes in launchpad 69-LOL out of game.

6 Likes

I understand your feeling and every time I move to a different system or relocate and gotta find new planets and such, where to place them and all that layout is a drag. I like your idea and recommend you post it in the suggestion part of the forum: Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums

1 Like

I will sum the ideas that rose up here and put it up in the suggestion area.
However, it shouldn’t really matter where you make your suggestions. :slight_smile:

It’s still the same forum.

Also, why the Customs Offices have 35k m3?
It should be 67500 m3, the size of the planetary cargo of an Epithal while having Gallente Hauler level 5.

And make the Expedite Transfer 5 minutes, the transfer for P3 is 8 hours… are you kidding me?

2 Likes

Maybe we should continue here:

There is no need to do this double posting. i will megre both threads into one,.

2 Likes

Pi needs more sim city action. Instead of being a series of icons moved around into geometric shapes, it would be nice if there were some actual graphics attached to it. And of course, maybe some ground rts game play.

2 Likes

In this thread, this would probably be on top of my list, Naming launch pads and silos.

I do the import, expedited transfer to a silo, where the process begins.

But, in general terms, PI could use a bit of Dev luvin’. We obviously are not going to have raids as originally envisioned with DUST514 players.

Buildings instead of circles, fields and mines or lakes instead of circles. Nice little graphics upgrade.

Increasing storage…? While, I would like the concept, making PI too easy would be the slippery slope. Colony schematics, for when we have to change planets, due to various ‘EVE-reasons’, would be worth considering.

1 Like

With the new fps coming, that’s not necessarily too far of a reach.

This is very similar to a topic I created last year. Use PI sim city for the setting, add in some rts ground combat for the flavor, dust-style mercs to act as the capsuleer equivalent.

Any new FPS will be buried with the rest of CCP’s recently demolished games. Noone with any sense thinks otherwise.

So I have some radical suggestions, more an overhaul really, to improve PI.

In general, I feel that there should be an investment angle to PI, that the more isk, time, and planning you put into a world, the more you will get out. I also prefer encouraging players to develop the limited number of worlds we can have rather than expanding the number of planets a single person can control through making new characters and accounts.

• Give PI an actual presence on worlds. Being viewable and interactable with by other players for purposes of trade or destruction.
    – Provide infrastructure that allows for automated trading between players, either in commodities or ISK.
  • Planets are divided into sections that a player lays claim to.
    – Claims can be transferred, sold, auctioned off, or conquered
    – When purchased or a claim is transferred, the new owner has window of time to place a command center before it becomes available to anyone.
  • The PI “game” we have now is stage one of planetary development, with PI goods being used in the construction of higher tech facilities and allowing further development.
    – For example: Extractors that provide a set amount of raw resources and don’t need to be moved for peak resource extraction, reactors that provide Power, server farms that provide CPU; larger storage facilities and launchpads. Shorter timers on expedite transfers.
    – A maintenance cost in the form of commodities to keep higher tech facilities running.
    –By the end stage of PI, players ought to be able to control where, when, and how much of a commodity is moved around, on, or off their planet.
  • PI claims are effected by System Security
    In Hi-Sec
    — Only a few claims per world are available to players, roughly 25% surface area.
    — Faction agents demand a quota of goods to be supplied, based on the planet, and failure to meet it results in the claim going back on market.
    — Attacking Player PI results in a criminal timer and associated mechanics, unless the conflict is between players involved in a war.
    In Low-Sec
    — More claims are available per world, roughly 75% surface area
    — No Concord response to player attacks, but sec status loss.
    Null
    — No limits on Claims, development, nor agents requiring a quota of goods.
    — Claims are not available for purchase on market; instead, They are acquired first by the placing of a command center on a vacant plot on a world.
    — Additional Claims on that world are acquired by the placing of an outpost structure in neighboring plots.
    — Outposts increase Power/CPU capacity by a small amount.
    — A timer on the establishment of an outpost to limit how fast a player can take over a planet in Null.
    Wormhole Space is treated as Null

A slightly less radical suggestion I have is being able to select multiple buildings of the same type to set their schematic and routes, or copy/pasting that setup across facilities.

I’ll also chime in support for

• Being able to manufacture Command Centers
  • Renaming Launch Pads
  • Creating templates
  • Move all extractors with one click, perhaps using shift-click and move.
  • Improve distribution of PI materials while setting up the planet - maybe production facilities should “search” for materials in storage or launch pads
    – I’d add facilities having an internal storage of some sort a player could interact with, mainly to clean it out or fix a routing error to avoid wasting misplaced inputs.
1 Like

■■■■ on it after it comes out, not before… ■■■■

They can ■■■■ on it whenever they feel like. It’s not like CCP doesn’t have a proven track record of flops to judge from. Also, why aren’t you blockable? You’re not a dev, yet your forum account can’t be blocked so everyone has to see your constant CCP fanboi drivel. This needs to be addressed more than some future flop they’re working on.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.