Please rate my PVE Nightmare

Hello !

I’ve been using my trusty Nightmare for quite some times now, and I’m working toward a Paladin for max meme efficiency. I’ve twisted around a lot, and I’m quite happy with how I used it in the past weeks, but I’d like to get your opinions about my fit, and if I should migrate toward something else before finishing my train for the Amarr Maurauder.

I am planning to use this ship to run the escalations I get from combat anomalies and signatures, and DED sites. I tried it before, and this fit can run up to 9/10 pretty greatly, however, I don’t really know if I’m ready to tackle the blood raiders 10/10. Here is the fit :

[Nightmare, Simulated Nightmare Fitting]
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Large Micro Jump Drive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Pithum B-Type Medium Shield Booster
Cap Recharger II
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Shield Boost Amplifier I

Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I
Large Energy Locus Coordinator I

Infiltrator I x5
Acolyte II x5

Imperial Navy Multifrequency L x4
Imperial Navy Standard L x4
Imperial Navy Ultraviolet L x4
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner x1

Even though I use a medium shield booster, I can actually hold my tank pretty well against most threats, since I’ll be using the LMJD to negate most of the incoming damage, and then using either Standard or Ultraviolet ammo to pick off the ships going toward me with 0 transversal.

With Multifrequency, I have 954 DPS, and a shield boost rate of 84.1 hp/s, with 18 minutes of capacitor (I have yet to sit capped out in any site I’ve done). The only thing bothering me now is the 51% thermal resist, but I feel like I’m getting more damage if I put a Thermal Dissipation Field instead of an Adaptive one.

So, do you think this fit could be able to run Blood Raider Shipyards in their entirety ? Also, if you have something else to give me, in terms of fitting or ship, I’d like it to use energy turrets, as I have most of skills put in those, alongside Gunnery support skills.
And please, don’t give me a Rattlesnake fit, drones and missiles are the weapon systems I hate the most, and have the least training into ^^

Fly safe !

If your interested Iv seen a class 4 wormhole running nightmare with aux booster’s seemed pretty epic might be worth searching for, much better income, but I guess a lot less safe.

1 Like

Sadly no, I’m not too interested in wormholes =/

Maybe later, but currently it’s not a gamestyle suited for me. Thanks !

Also, what’s an aux booster, please ?

I used to run flux coils and some ccc to maintain a gist xl booster and tachyons cap stable because of the stronger booster I could free a mid for an afterburner.Unfortunately I didn’t save it anywhere but it was about 3bil just the fit.

Also for BR shipyard I’d suggest you try a cap injector so you can get the mjd off as you’ll want to align then mjd and rats do neut a bit you might end up cap dry

Interesting, thanks ! I’ll try to post a similar fit soon

[Nightmare, *Simulated Nightmare Fitting]
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Capacitor Flux Coil II
Damage Control II

EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II
Pithum B-Type Medium Shield Booster
Tracking Computer II
Tracking Computer II
Large Micro Jump Drive
Gist X-Type 100MN Afterburner

Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Tachyon Beam Laser II
Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I

Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator I x5

Imperial Navy Multifrequency L x8
Imperial Navy Ultraviolet L x4
Imperial Navy Standard L x4
Optimal Range Script x2

Jump or control optimal on ab.

Interesting ! However, I cannot see when the MWD will come to use : I suppose I use it to kite the ships after moving ? Could be nice !

This fit was made for 10/10 ?

In a 10/10 the last gate will warp you into the middle of a large blobb. The mjd is to jump away from that blobb and start sniping.

There may also be a web tower or two.

Understood. So basically, when I land from the last gate : MJD out of range of most ships, run around with the afterburner and shoot the station. And when the rats catch up, jump in the opposite direction.

Did I get it right ? Thanks :slight_smile:

No, remove all Blood Raiders, then shoot the station.

Understood, thanks :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.