PLEX is very expensive right now thread

I’m not saying your idea is bad and I understand where you’re trying to go with this. I just don’t think you’ve considered the RL aspects of your idea.

Plex is only available to people who have the RL cash and means to purchase it. This is not negotiable and will not change ever.

I’m probably not making sense to you because you haven’t read me properly, at no point did I suggest a flat fee of 600m, I speculated on what the price could be for a game time only deal. I accept that if my idea was implemented the the buyers and sellers of Plex would reach a price using the market. If game time only Plex is too high people won’t buy it and simply not play eve.

Your suggestion isn’t the only way to reduce isk. You don’t seem to accept game time is actually a very unique product and should really be sold on its own with nothing else.

So, for your info, all I think is CCP should go back to selling gtc’s and then let the buyers and sellers determine a reasonable isk price using the market. Anything else I’ve said is pure speculation and should be taken as that.

Did you, or did you not (then what) suggest that it should be possible to buy gametime ingame for a flat rate in isk?

PS: CCP has already implemented events which reward PLEX fragments for completion. Weve already passed that point. Precedence exists, and is contemporary, not from years ago.

Yes you’re right, I remember an event where the prize was lots of Plex. It seemed to be a one off, I don’t think its been done again.

What you speak of is a regulated type of agent mission that anyone can do and the reward is a limited amount of Plex which will undermine sales of the people who have brought Plex for RL cash.

Can anyone else put their view for salvos’s idea forward?

So basically you want GTCs back.

Why?

You also didnt answer my specigic question in previous post. Pay attention please.

I’ve explained why I think gtc should come back. Why because I think the isk price would be lower if one pays for game time alone.

I answered your question in previous post.

You also explained a few post earlier that newbro with the right direction can already earn a PLEX if he put in the effort. Why should it go lower at that point? So a newbro can PLEX his main and an alt?

I’m just trying to look at this from as many perspectives as possible, I’m not saying I’m 100% correct. This is a forum where we can write ideas and debate logic. I’m trying not to be rigid in my approach.

Also I like the idea of CCP keeping eve going as long as possible. If they can get gtc/Plex sales to a point where buyer and seller are happy then that will mean the pcu will be optimised.

The people who buy with ISK still buy even with the slow crawl up. Those who buy with RL money are obviously happy since they get more ISK than if the price was lower.

1 Like

The new Alpha clone state changes look good tbh, I believe it will allow for some effective npc ratting and pvp as long as there is a very strong teamwork ethic present. I would only say that along with the marketing for the upgraded alpha state CCP should look at encouraging teamwork. Also if they can find a clever way of promoting teamwork to newbros it would be great.

Hmm, Alpha state clone upgrades look fair and very well thought out. A brilliant marketing strategy, CCP get their foot in door by offering FTP, Once the Alpha is here its up to us to show them a great time which will hopefully result in a sub. FTP will give people a good taste of what eve can offer, I actually think this is good enough for the people who can’t pay for a sub.

I still think gtc’s are a good idea but alpha clone state upgrades will do for now :wink:

Edit: Anyone got any view on the |DPS that can be achieved with a fully fitted Battleship using an alpha state?

Actually it is a 50% increase, not 150%.

Second, such projections are often quite problematic.

The question is over how many hours? If I am making 50 million an hour and thus need 30 hours to make 1.5 billion to PLEX…that is 30 hours out of 730 for the average month. That is just over 4% of the hours in a month, and if we back out 8 hours/day for sleep and 8 hours/workday for work, then it is almost 10% of a players free time. So unless that 30 hours playing is fun and not “grinding” PLEXing an account can be rather costly for a new player. Suggesting to a new player that they work towards PLEXing their account is probably a mistake in terms of helping these players enjoy the game. There is a reason we call it “grinding”…because it is actually not all that much fun.

If you mean a GTC…hmmm, IIRC it was like $39.95 for a 60 day GTC which you could sell on the forums.

This is already the case. When somebody buys a PLEX for ISK they value the PLEX more than the ISK. The person selling the PLEX for ISK values the ISK more than the PLEX. If this were not the case, then one or both parties could be made better off by simply not engaging in the transaction.

Okay, so lets try a backcast with this assumption…going from 2017 back to 2010 what does this say about the earlier price of PLEX?

In 2010 the Price of PLEX was 175 million ISK. Looking at the data graphically we see,

PLEX_Backcast

Oh dear…

We seem to have an exponential time series. If we project this out another 7 years, PLEX will cost 51.25 billion ISK. And will look like this,

PLEX_Price_Projection

But in looking at the data we see a linear trend upwards with periods of virtually no trend.

Yeah, I am skeptical that this exponential trend can continue.

The entire idea of a fixed or artificially lowered price for plex is completely destroyed the second someone is willing to pay more for that item.

The 600-700m figure has been thrown around several times, but how do you keep it that low? Personally, I’m okay paying the current prices, sure I’d like them lower. But I’d happily pay 1b, if it was 600m… ■■■■ I’d be buying up every plex I could get my hands on… oh look, me, and all the other players like me have just doubled the demand. So either ccp floods the market with even more plex (killing the oog plex market and their income) or the price of plex will need to increase. And we are right back where we are now within a year or two.

Fact of the matter is, that while yes, I’m sure the current prices have priced some people out of the market. And I’m sure most everyone wouldn’t mind seeing the prices come down. There are more than enough people who are able, and willing to pay the current price, and even keep pushing it higher. THAT is the true value of a plex, one defined by what the community as a whole is willing to pay, not what a handful of people ‘think’ it should be worth.

Because what you ‘think’ can be proven wrong the second myself or anyone else says “yeah, I’d pay a bil for that”

4 Likes

Well, I suggested 500 to 700m isk for a game time code if CCP started selling them again which is pure speculation. Due to the way plex is sold right now it will command a high value, You have game time, character services, skins and apparel and injectors all tied up into one product. If you carefully analyse the products you will see they they are in fact different types of products.

I dont understand.

Are you saying that GTC would be bought from CCP or retailers, and resold ingame to other players for a forced flat rate in isk? Or are you suggesting GTC would be bought ingame for a flat isk rate from NPCs?

Please explain concisely what you are suggesting.

Exactly. If it isn’t a forced flat rate, how do you propose that price be kept low? If it’s an enforced flat rate, then how do you propose combating the massive increase in RMT that plex was initially introduced to help combat?

I believe Aaron’s view is that by splitting PLEX into at least 2 or more items, one strictly game time, the other all the other services/uses PLEX also currently has, the result would be a Game Time PLEX with a price of 500-700 million, and the other item (call it Services PLEX) would be priced at say 1.8 million ISK each (or about 900 million ISK for 500). Thus the total price would be the current PLEX price of 1.5 billion ISK.

I don’t think it will work quite that way. As has been pointed out I could buy quite a few of those right now at that price. So it is not at all clear that the price would be that low.

Thanks for your interpretation, but we need to hear it from him, since only he knows the details of his suggestion.

Teckos understands the suggestion. His description is correct.

With the Game Time Plex being specifically for game time I believe the market will determine a price. A Game time plex would be an easier price for the market to determine due to its nature. Perhaps the price of the current plex we have now increases because it’s got so many different products rolled into one making it difficult to put a value on.

It would depend on demand. if demand is high we would see strong prices for the theoretical Game Time Plex, If the demand is low then we would see a lower price due to the sellers wanting the first sale. Demand could be high but then people may simply decide not to play if the Theoretical game time plex price is too high.

To what did the 500-700mil figure refer exactly?

Is this a flat rate enforced ingame by some mechanism (if so, what), or your speculation on where you think the GTC value will balance out on the player market?

This assumption is based on theory that demand for game time is considerably less than demand for Skill Extractors or skins.
Some people say it is. But it would be nice to have some real numbers.

Edit: anecdotal evidence here. My SP farm consists of 10 characters and needs per month 4 PLEXes and 6 MCTs. Plus 39 skill extractors.
Total demand for game time: 2000 nuplex
Total demand for services: 2910 + 4480 (buying extractors by packs of 10) = 7390.

Game time takes about little above 20% of total consumption so splitting 1.5 billion for total game time part will give 300 million (?).

Now we only need to know about relation between consumption of SP farms and regular players.

2 Likes