PLEX is very expensive right now thread

A job being done in 15 minutes by an alpha might get done in as little as 5 by an established Omega player. You would literally have CCP dumping countless PLEX into the game burning away the stash they currently have in short order. After that, then what? Retire the feature? Give away game time for free in term of RL money which CCP needs to run?

1 Like

You have anything beside your feelings backing that thesis?

Yes, I’ve read lots of threads relating to Plex being too much to maintain. Many of the op’s in the threads seem to lose interest due to the Plex price climbing higher.

All I have done was read what Plex users say and developed an opinion. My own opinion is thrown in there too, I wouldn’t play eve using Plex I wouldn’t be bothered to earn 1.5b just to play for 30 days. 50 million per day isn’t bad I suppose, I guess I could earn that no problem. It depends on perspective a newbro may find that hard.

You can’t honestly call Eve Online a sandbox. Unless you consider CCP to be a dictatorship (not to be confused with a “friendship”).

They can manipulate the market based on their whims, so Economics 101 is right out the window.

the idea of obtaining free plex in game reminds of the time when ccp introduced invention into the game. A lot of people were happy due to the T2 items decreasing substantially in value and there were some who werent as happy (not just some of the t2 bpo owners).

This will actually piss off those players who spend their real life money and in the end cut down the amount of people who do actually do this because lets face it… who in their right mind would spend money on a game item to sell and make a poor return.

Would you blow $500 for 15400 plexes to only sell them for 1mil each. Thats the value I see them dropping to if your idea was to officially happen and every tom dick or harry could get their hands on them.

Why do you expect newbro to be able to PLEX their account? I literally have no issue at all with newbro no easily begin able to afford game time with in-game currency only.

Just so you know, if it was priced at a level where a newbro could do it, then veterans will blow through the requirement so they can PLEX additional alts and the price will climb like it is now because a lot of player value a month of Omega state much higher than what you imagine it should be at.

I think it is safe to say that it isn’t not exactly rocketing upwards.

Again the data says, no. See what happened there in August, the price was very high, there was a sale, the amount of PLEX in game nearly doubled and the price fell dramatically.

Well, that depends. A sale on PLEX is essentially an implicit sale of skins is it not?

The price of GTCs were increasing over time too.

This tells us nothing about how people use PLEX.

Based on a non-random sample…

A newbro who sets his goal on earning enough ISK to PLEX is account is, IMO, doing it wrong. PLEX is an expensive way to play the game, IMO. You have to devote considerable time to doing it. Even if PLEX prices came down to 500 million ISK, and a player can earn 50 million ISK/hour that is 10 hours of time just to PLEX. Even a person who earns a low wage can earn substantially more in those 10 hours.

This right here should tell you why it is a bad idea.

There you go, another attempt at social engineering blown out of the water by clear level headed thinking.

1 Like

yes, they do update old stuff to new, but there has not been much new content after wormholes, they have just recycled old stuff and changed ships and added new ships but real new content is missing.

so no point to activate whole game these days.

edit:even these new forums suck.

The more PLEX is on the market, the lower the price will be.

You are lacking in imagination.

Depends how the content is built. The time for completion can be made inflexible.
It also doesnt necessarily have to be a drop from an NPC wreck/structure.

Another alternative is PLEX rewards in conjunction with “Achievements”.

A price increase of 1bil, from 2 to 3 bil, or +50% in one year, is very significant, and far more pronounced than in any other year.

At this rate we would be looking at 4.5bil in a year from now, and 6.75bil the next, and that is not accounting for the historical annual % increase trend.

Actually it would be easy for a newbro to earn 50m for the day, and doing that for 30days would get him a Plex.

I spent some time in hisec and was asked to take over a corp. I asked the 40 day old newbros to to get in battleships with named t1 mods fitted. I had also just started a new account I was about 60 days old. There were 4 of us and using my knowledge we blitzed lots of lv4 missions. We made 50 m each easily.

So frosty, it depends on perspective, if a newbro has the right mentor/teacher amazing things can be achieved and a Plex would be easy to get if he put the time in.

I can show newer players amazing things if they are happy to listen and do what’s asked.

In my opinion if a newbro doesn’t have a debit card it would be hard. Perhaps they can get a PayPal account and put enough money for 2 or 3 months sub in it. Once they’ve trained for battleship in those 2/3 months they should join a sov alliance and keep doing combat sites to pay their Plex. I think this is the best solution due to wardecs in hisec making things harder for newbros. A wormhole corp may also be a good choice.

The newbro that plays eve and doesn’t talk to or work with anyone will struggle. I guess if they increase alpha to battleship this might work. Alpha clones will have to band together to get things done.

You’re aware markets can crash right? If what you’re saying does happen then Plex will not be used for game time. It will still be used for other purposes.

At that point there will have to be a solution which I think will be CCP going back to selling gtc’s.

He didnt ask how they would do it in your system.

He asked why they should be able to PLEX on 50mil a day.

If there is more PLEX, the price drops.
Economics 101.

What PLEX is used for is secondary.
How much PLEX is on the market is primary.

I dont understand your argument.

Anyone can do a lot if they work smart. It should be possible for newbros to do what they like if they are happy to put the time in.

Well according to the graph teckos presented the price didn’t drop by that much.

And as I said earlier Plex is a product that CCP will want RL cash for, its their bread and butter. There is no other way to get Plex in the game other than folks buying it with RL cash and putting it on market.

If CCP gave Plex as rewards for missions then this would undermine Plex sales. The deal is CCP get RL cash, the seller gets isk, and the buyer gets a Plex he can use for game time or the other services.

what’s the price for a Game Time Plex?
5$, or 8$, or 10$…?
or more?
or less?

Aaron, you arent making sense.

In your own proposal, you want CCP to sell ingame Gametime/PLEX for a flat/set 600mil, yet you argue against my proposal because it introduces PLEX at a trickle rate ingame?

If 30days gametime costs a set 600mil ingame, as you propose, do you have any idea how badly that will wreck CCPs income? Not only will CCPs sub income drop catastrophically, so will the value of PLEX ingame, thus leading to catastrophic drop in PLEX sales for CCP income.

Im legit shocked at your response and that I have to explain such simple things to you. What are you thinking, man?

In my proposal, there will be a small trickle of PLEX fragments onto the market, as adjusted for by whether a players time/effort is better served earning isk by other means, or spending time completing content for a few PLEX fragments worth x on the market at that period. No individual player will be able to farm enough to upset the market, except by a very small fraction. Only if PLEX rises too high, will the population base running that content for fragments of isk become significant, at which point they cancel each other out competetively.

The only way to slow the increase in price of PLEX, is to introduce more PLEX.

This is wrong on so many levels.
A) Working smarter is the whole point so as to put less work in.
B) Newbros can do whatever they want as the situation is now, regardless of whether it earns enough to PLEX or not.