PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Good. Glad you recognize that.

You have yet to provide any evidence of 2 or 3.

Thats exactly what I said. There is a shortage of PLEX, which means PLEX rate of introduction to EVE has not increased commensurate either with its demand or its isk value.

Yep.

Thats exactly what I said see above.

Nobody has claimed that.

Teckos, Ive learned your method and will be responding in kind.
I am not stupid, and I dont regard you as stupid, but if you want to persist in quoting out of context, avoiding lost points, cherrypicking etc, I can do that too.

Those techniques may have worked on others, and I dont fault you for doing so, but they will not work against me.

You cant wear me out. Even Tippia couldnt do that. I will be back, always, again, in my TMZ. I currently have all the time in the world to respond to you exactly as you do to me. Its up to you when/if you want to finally return to honest and rational discussion. Ill be ready for that and welcome it, but until then, I am going to force-feed you your own post style.

Nor you for 1.

And there is no shortage.

This is particularly lame given that on the new forums anyone can see the full post being quoted with the subsection highlighted or even going back to the post being quoted.

Yes, I know you are incredibly obstinate in your desire to wallow in your ignorance. It is clear your grasp of even elementary economics is not very deep. Unless there is something like a price floor or ceiling or some other interference supply and demand will move towards equilibrium. Not moving in such a manner, due to price controls or other impediments, results in “supply not meeting demand” and the result is a shortage. At the very least your use of economic terms is sloppy.

2 Likes

I love this, shows that the main people that get blamed for “messy up the game” are not miners, no where in here does it show me that mining is really such a ‘huge’ game killer, nor are missioners, basically, high sec isn’t to blame, farm ratting is.

I have.

Shortage does not mean absolute absence of.

Yes, we can all see your out context quotes.

You may be the only person in the world that considers a bubble a form of equilibrium.

You are confusing effect with cause. The shortage is what causes that, not vice versa.

This from someone that doesnt grasp that lack of supply leads to higher prices, is very funny.

No you don’t. You can’t point to anything. I know you think you got some data, but you don’t. Not in the sense that it lets you distinguish as to why or for what purpose people are buying PLEX. The most you can say is that people are buying PLEX from CCP to sell for ISK. That’s it. Anything beyond that is just pure speculation.

1. For sub, MCT and extractors, its cheaper to buy them directly with cash, than with cash bought PLEX. (Excluding discounts offered by CCP). So we can assume that if someone rational wants one of those services, they will pay for those directly, rather than x PLEX for cash.

2. We know people buy PLEX just to re-sale them ingame, whether now or later, for isk. We also know, that to achieve the same isk value in re-sale, you now have to buy less PLEX from CCP than ever before.

3. That leaves only skins, apparel and re-sculpt as PLEX based services from NES for which there is no cheaper direct cash alternative. (But can also be bought with isk based PLEX purchase ingame).

So we know:
-Someone will pay cash for sub/mct/extractors, if they want those, rather than PLEX.
-People buy PLEX inorder to re-sell ingame for isk, and need to buy less of them than before.
-That leaves the only remaining reason to buy PLEX from CCP, past the above, as skins/apparel/re-sculpt. (Which can be bought with isk sourced PLEX, as well).

As to skins/apparel, my casual perusal of the current market prices shows almost all of them as selling at below their current direct PLEX/isk translation value, as bought from NES. They are being sold at a loss, and turnover is very low. In other words, if you want skin/apparel, you are better off buying them from the market for isk than from NES for PLEX, when some fool thought they could earn on it but didnt do the math beforehand.

TLDR:
-People buy PLEX to sell for isk. They now have to buy less, for the same isk return.
-People may buy PLEX for skin/apparel/re-sculpt, but they take a loss in re-sale, few do buy them, demand is small and they can be bought with someone elses PLEX bought with isk.
-Nobody rational would buy PLEX from CCP in cash, instead of a sub/MCT/extractor for cash, if those services are what they want.

So what are the 2 and 3 you refer to repeatedly in your posts?

1 Like

I just bought 345 plex.

I could have bought more.

If last nights drops had been better I would have.

I dont feel that there is a shortage.

Infact by shopping around, I could have made a few hundred thousand by doing literally nothing other than clicking Use Jump Clone.

From CCP or ingame?
What are you going to do with them?

In game. They will be added to the pile Ive been accumulating since I resubbed, some will be sold to finance a project when the value tips x, the rest will sit under my bed until the plexlette price rises.

IF it doesnt rise, Ill probably use a chunk to dual train (done once since resubbing).

I dont believe I have ever put money down for PLEX except for subbing a new account, which Id like to point out I do when I need an extra hand and the isk or investment.

Though we discussed new subs and that you are of the opinion that its not paying for a PLEX, I generally see the PLEX gain as more signifigant unless I have a specific plan for an Alt.

Ive done the same via self-Buddying.
This was back when the Buddy program required a specific cash sub to CCP, not just Omega status as now.

From my perspective, I paid a sub for the Buddy alt, and received a free PLEX ontop.
I didnt pay a cent for the PLEX.

I also have never bought a PLEX from CCP, nor will I ever.

Can I ask why you wanted to know?

Sure.
I’m curious about players PLEX purchase behavior.
In my post to Teckos above, I logically run through what the rational reasons for PLEX purchase from CCP are.
Peoples reports of their PLEX purchase may be anecdotal, but since we dont have CCPs stats, this is all we have.

Yours was less interesting, as it was existing PLEX purchase ingame, not introduction of a new PLEX as paid to CCP. So far all that have reported purchasing PLEX from CCP, used it to fill their wallet with isk by re-sale ingame.

Well it means I guess someone bought em and then I bought em in turn, presumably generating isk for them. I have no idea how long they were there for but he had a few hundred but there was so many that for the price to rise in the face of such surplus, the cannot be a shortage. At least from my perspective as an isk using buyer.

Also this was not in Jita.

Hmmm.
Why did you put down cash for PLEX to sub?
Its cheaper in cash to buy a sub directly.

Are you referring to subbing with PLEX during a discount offer?

No, I put down cash for a sub because a £10 Plex is cheaper than a £15 one.

Occassionally having the extra sub is more useful but not as often.

Remember; you dont count that as buying a PLEX but for me its a real draw.

No isk was generated. Merely transferred.

Shortage in this case does not mean absence of existing PLEX.
It means less PLEX is being introduced, than the market demands.
This is identifiable by an increase in price of the commodity that is in shortage of supply vs demand.

I dont understand.
When was buying a PLEX cheaper than a sub in cash?
As I specifically asked earlier, was this during a PLEX discount?

Your wording was unclear.

So you did infact buy a sub, and not PLEX.
Is that correct?

As Isk is a computer generated number string and not a physical object, no it was generated in their wallet and erase from mine. Dont be so pendantic when it serves no purpose.

Nope. I paid to get a PLEX with a free character sub. The PLEX was what I wanted and its what I got.

How it is marketted or that you believe differently has no bearing on my desire for a plex for a tenner.

You are being argumentative for the sake of it Salvos.