PLEX is very expensive right now thread

No, you misread her.
She only paid for a sub. The PLEX came via Buddy Program.
She is trying to argue that she paid for the PLEX, cos thats what she wanted, rather than the sub that she actually paid for and which spawned the PLEX through the Buddy program. This is convoluted thinking and inaccurate.

Ill reply to your other post once I get home.

Salvos,

You have a giant pile of circular reasoning. Congratulations you just proved what you assumed.

Holy crap.

:roll_eyes:

I’m off to drink a glass of scotch and read.

Criminy…

No, she paid money and got a sub and a PLEX. I am positive both are going to be on her invoice. CCP has to keep track of both.

1 Like

Here’s my daily:

PLEX are too cheap for me to consider buying any nd selling them on the market. i want PLEX to have a higher price. No, the discounts don’t matter to me, despite them raising the bucks/ISK ratio.

3 Likes

Just checked my Transaction Invoices

Hilariously…

My regular sub was billed as "Item: " and a blank space.

My Buddy Sub was billed as “Item 1”

So… theres that lol

2 Likes

Man this guy is obnoxious

2 Likes

My sporadic:

iThread: PLEX is very expensive right now.
Econ101: No, it isn’t.
Philo101: It depends what you mean by ‘PLEX’, ‘very’, ‘expensive’, and ‘now’.

Of course, all three contributors are correct.

Sasha:
Perhaps you’ve heard of Rumi’s Elephant? A group of men and women are placed around an elephant, in a darkened room. Each is told to examine the elephant and then to report back with a description of the beast.

iThread: An elephant is long, thick, rough, and wavy!
Econ101: An elephant is broad, flat, and flappy!
Philo101: An elephant is thin, very hairy, with a fly-swatter at one end.

And of course, all three of these were correct too, weren’t they?

4 Likes

Best use of the tale also used to describe the state of physics theory.

We do know that people buy PLEX from CCP to sell for isk.
People is the plural of person.
If you are insinuating that ALL people ONLY buy PLEX for that reason, that is false and not something i have ever claimed.

Market is trading its stockpiles.
This is no proof more PLEX is being bought from CCP commensurate with increase in isk value. The fact you get more isk per PLEX, means there is less need to purchase PLEX from CCP to meet ones isk needs.

Re-read the quote to which you responded with this:
It doesnt matter if they buy PLEX with 20 or 100bucks on a fixed monthly basis, they now get a greater isk return per unit, than before. If they have a specific isk goal, they can now achieve it with less purchase of PLEX from CCP. You are the one trying to smuggle in a unrepresentative argument.

No, I wont. Just as you ignored my post where I explained in great detail the various reasons why people rationally would buy PLEX from CCP. (Which wreck your 2 and 3).

The list of logical fallacies you have applied in your post above alone is a multiple of those, not that I committed even one of those despite your attempt to contrive them as such.

Would 5m per plex be expensive rather than 3m?

How much is very expensive?

What is the affordable price "supposed"to be?

I dont think its expensive right now.

1 Like

What isk price would you define as expensive?

It is a teaching story, but (as others have pointed out) it’s usefulness is limited to those who have learned how to learn.

1 Like

This doesnt make any sense.
The whole idea is to buy cheap now and sell at a higher price later.

Correction:
She paid money for a sub, and got that sub AND a PLEX.
She only paid for the sub. The PLEX cost her nothing, and earned CCP nothing.

She can try to conflate that she paid CCP for the sub because she wanted the PLEX from the Buddy program, but that does not change that all she paid was the cost of a sub, not that of a PLEX, and infact ONLY bought a sub. The PLEX came free, and to a separate account, at no cost to that account.

She can also try to conflate PLEX as a sub, but sub and PLEX are two different transactions with CCP. PLEX may be used to sub, but it is not a sub as purchased from CCP. They are two distinct transactions and also valued differently in CCPs store.

If she had Buddied my alt and I paid a sub, she would have received a PLEX at no fiscal cost to her nor any purchase from CCP, ie:free.

I would have paid for my sub. She would have paid nothing for her PLEX.

This is why the “All PLEX is paid for” myth is false.
Nobody has paid for Buddy PLEX.
All CCP earned, was from the purchase of a sub (or Omega as now).
They never received one cent for the PLEX added to the Buddy.

Yes, its possible that CCP uses confiscated PLEX supply to reward Buddies.
But since we cannot confirm that, it means the myth that “All PLEX is paid for” cannot be shown to be true, and is thus false as an axiom.

You cant pay 0, and call it a payment.
If I pay 0 credits to your account, I have not paid you anything, thus it cant be called a payment, as there was no payment of anything.

Nothing (zero) was paid. Ergo, no payment was made.

Its no different or distinguishable from if I hadn’t “paid” you 0 to begin with.

Id better ask CCP for some free PLEX then.

I didnt realise anyone still believed in Buy One Get One Free, but I guess heres the proof that the marketting guys know their stuff lol.

I understand what you mean, but PLEX has a set value in cash, as does a sub.

You tried to argue you paid for the PLEX, rather than the sub that activated the PLEX being delivered to you. But PLEX and a sub dont cost the same, and are two different services. The price you paid was for a sub, and the PLEX cost you nothing. You paid for a sub, not a PLEX.

You can try to argue that “No, I bought a PLEX that cost the price of a sub”, but that is not accurate. You can try to argue that “I paid only 50% of total value for both a sub and a PLEX”, but that too is not accurate.

You paid for a sub, only a sub, at exactly the price of a sub.
CCP threw the PLEX ontop, for free, at no cost to you.

This is even more apparent if we consider that you had Buddied my alt.
When I (me, not you) pay CCP the cost of my sub, you get a PLEX at zero cost to you.
Neither I, nor you, paid for that PLEX with one cent.
I only paid the price of a sub, for my sub. You paid nothing at all for your PLEX reward.

Lol which one am I again?

You are the one who, when the others had left to make their reports, switched on the light.

1 Like

Thats just butt-kissing, man.

She still cant decide if she paid for a PLEX or a sub.
Hardly the one to turn the lights on.

Yeah thats true.

At the very least ask the others a few questions and considering their opinions before forming my own, and modifying my conclusion based on new information :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Who needs to ask questions? They’ve all been answered, in a thread whose discursive cohesion resembles nothing so much as a bowl of spaghetti.

I hope:

1. That the answers you seek are in there somewhere, and
  2. That any of them actually matter enough to be worth the energy expended in their extraction
1 Like