PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Its been explained over and over and somethings he just wont understand.

2 Likes

Wait…you bought PLEX for RL currency to activate a sub? That absolutely does count.

That is not a shortage.

In economics, a shortage or excess demand is a situation in which the demand for a product or service exceeds its supply in a market. It is the opposite of an excess supply (surplus).

In economics there is even a mathematical concept to capture this known as the excess demand function.

e[p] = d[p] - s[p].

That is not a shortage. It is simply a decline in the supply of PLEX.

A shortage, as defined in economics, is when there is demand, but no supply to satisfy it.

Sigh

You are reasoning form a price change. That can, and does, lead to problems since a price can go up if demand shifts or supply shifts.

For example, if demand shifts outward (increases) then you get a price increase.

If the supply shifts inwards (decreases) then you get a price increase.

Noting that the price increases does not tell you if the supply curve moved, the demand curve moved, or both moved.

Stop trying to reason from a price change.

Not according to Slanderos there. My money was for a sub and not the PLEX I bought the sub to get, therefore the rhe PLEX never existed and my tenner went into the ether.

But Im used to being educated by him. Hes so smart.

I now know that Prevent means Encourage and to Not Care means to Love Doing, apparently.

2 Likes

Check your Account Management page.
Does it have an entry for sub, or for a PLEX?
That’s what you paid for, and what CCP received cash for at that price.

If I buy a tube of toothpaste (but I actually want the free toothbrush that comes with the purchase) I buy and pay for the toothpaste. The toothbrush is free ontop. I cant go to the cash register and attempt to pay for the toothbrush instead (and its value is 0 cash). I have to buy the toothpaste to get it free with it.

So you got a package deal kind of thing.

“Buy a one month sub and get a PLEX, all for X amount of RL currency!!!”

Then yes, you bought a sub and a PLEX. You bought both.

Now, now, now. Don’t confuse the issue with sarcasm! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If you buy a tube of toothpaste are you buying the paste or the tube?

3 Likes

Dude, it was a package deal. You know kind of like how McDonalds says, “Buy a Big Mac and get the second one for $1!” When a person does that they buy 2 big macs. In Rmona’s case is was “Buy a sub and get a PLEX for 10 pounds.” She bought a sub and an PLEX from CCP.

So by this logic, when people buy PLEX when CCP has a sale it doesn’t count?

Both as they are not sold or priced separately.

Actually you can get both seperately, believe it or not.

1 Like

But there we go. I bought both.

1 Like

Yes, but she did not pay CCP for the PLEX.

Wat. Its no different that in a period when there is no sale, except the cost is less.

Then didn’t Romona buy a sub and a PLEX?

5chars.

Sure she did. She paid the discount price.

No, see your comment above. Suppose CCP is having a 20% discount on 500 nuPLEX. I am technically only paying for 400 as per your logic above.

Never mind that 500 PLEX hit the in game market. It is really only 400. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, you are still paying for 500 PLEX, albeit at a reduced price.
Your invoice will show that.

Returning to topic:

1. For sub, MCT and extractors, its cheaper to buy them directly with cash, than with cash bought PLEX. (Excluding discounts offered by CCP). So we can assume that if someone rational wants one of those services, they will pay for those directly, rather than x PLEX for cash.

2. We know people buy PLEX just to re-sale them ingame, whether now or later, for isk. We also know, that to achieve the same isk value in re-sale, you now have to buy less PLEX from CCP than ever before.

3. That leaves only skins, apparel and re-sculpt as PLEX based services from NES for which there is no cheaper direct cash alternative. (But can also be bought with isk based PLEX purchase ingame).

So we know:
-Someone will pay cash for sub/mct/extractors, if they want those, rather than PLEX.
-People buy PLEX inorder to re-sell ingame for isk, and need to buy less of them than before.
-That leaves the only remaining reason to buy PLEX from CCP, past the above, as skins/apparel/re-sculpt. (Which can be bought with isk sourced PLEX, as well).

As to skins/apparel, my casual perusal of the current market prices shows almost all of them as selling at below their current direct PLEX/isk translation value, as bought from NES. They are being sold at a loss, and turnover is very low. In other words, if you want skin/apparel, you are better off buying them from the market for isk than from NES for PLEX, when some fool thought they could earn on it but didnt do the math beforehand.

TLDR:
-People buy PLEX to sell for isk. They now have to buy less, for the same isk return.
-People may buy PLEX for skin/apparel/re-sculpt, but they take a loss in re-sale, few do buy them, demand is small and they can be bought with someone elses PLEX bought with isk.
-Nobody rational would buy PLEX from CCP in cash, instead of a sub/MCT/extractor for cash, if those services are what they want.

So Teckos, what are the 2 and 3 you refer to repeatedly in your posts?

Ok, in an attempt to break this away from another two and fro about how one person’s use of language differs from one or more others and back to the topic;

Are PLEX gained by players in the Buddy Programme excluded from any calculations for PLEX into Market when cross referenced to how much CCP makes from the operation of PLEX within game?

3 Likes

No we don’t know this. You keep asserting this, but we don’t know this.

If this were true how come the number of PLEX on the market has stayed pretty constant for the last year? Why isn’t it going down as the price goes up.

See this is Bravo Sierra because you have smuggled in a hidden assumption, namely this:

They now have to buy less, for the same isk return.

Why are you assuming this? We could just as easily assume people are buying a fixed RL currency amount of PLEX. That is Every month I buy $20 of PLEX and dump them on the market or sell to buy orders.

They are back up stream. Go find them. Seriously, you discounted them and didn’t even read them and instead smuggled in an assumption and then pretend it is the result of some “casual” analysis. This is a logical fallacy called “assuming what you are trying to prove” or “begging the question” or “circular reasoning”.

Results based on circular reasoning are trivial and devoid of any useful content.

1 Like

Just as Romona’s will show she paid for a sub and a PLEX.