PLEX is very expensive right now thread

You have never bought a PLEX from CCP.
This could have been settled already 10+ posts ago if you hadnt chosen to dance around it for no rational reason.

That is what I specifically, originally asked before your waddle.

The last 35 posts in this thread were you two arguing ā€¦

Thirty five ā€¦

:rofl:

2 Likes

Thats how long it takes to get a straight answer out of Ramona for a simple query.
And even now, after 35 posts, she still hasnt directly answered the original question.

She still insists she bought a PLEX, whereas CCPs registry and her Account Management page will clearly show she bought a sub.

No I havent given you the answer you want.

I bought me a PLEX.

If that fact bothers you, good. Im done with ypur semantic derailing and Ivory Tower superiority.

2 Likes

No, you bought a sub.

Example:
-If I sub an alt that you have Buddied.
ā€”I PAY a sub, and you receive a free PLEX, at zero cost to you in cash.

I pay the sub, YOU get a free PLEX.
It doesnt matter if its you with your own alt as a Buddy, or someone else, the same remains true.

You did not buy a PLEX from CCP, as your Account page and CCPs register will show.
You bought a sub.

Fold. You cant win this one. I wont ā– ā– ā– ā–  on you for that, I will respect it.
One day I will no doubt have to do the same on my part when I am wrong with you.

I bought a sub right there. Italian BMT. With lots of ranch. Mmmmmm.

But three years ago I bought me a nice PLEX. I think I used the isk it generated for me to create me a nice Sacriledge and some rainy day money.

There we go.
So you have bought a single PLEX, once, 3yrs ago, which you sold for isk.
Thats what I asked +35 posts ago.

Yes the one that came with a free sub.

But what has that got to do with the 345 I bought today?

Wrong again. PLEX and sub are distinct.

You didnt get a free sub with your sub purchase on the Buddy program.
You got a free PLEX.

So it seems, again, that you have never bought a PLEX for cash from CCP.
As was what I asked 40+ posts ago, very simply and directly.

You got anything else or you just gonna keep spamming this boring twaddle?

You believe PLEX appear from nowhere but Isk doesnt.

You are wired to the moon ya buck ejit lol.

At this point all I can say is thank the eve gods that i didnā€™t do that NPC project with salvos. Iā€™m tired of these people that think they know everything and never consider what anyone else has to say.

We are all grown adults here salvos and there has to be a point where we accept the things that are blatantly there.

If the supply of plex is low then why is there 100s of thousands on the market right now? I donā€™t require an answer from you, I just want you to consider that there is a flaw in your logic on this point. Go and look on the jita market yourself youā€™ll see it.

Its seems odd that you believe the opposite of whatā€™s blatantly in front of you.

3 Likes

The irony of that, is I was the only one that offered to join in it (despite council and better judgement), and I backed out of it once I saw your irrationality.

Its not that you ā€œdidnt do the that NPC project with Salvosā€.
Its that I rescinded my offer once I read more of your posting.
Also its clear that you never managed to start the project without me.
I backed out, as your only supporter, and the project fell flat on its face before it even began.

I quit it. You didnt fire me or choose to begin it without me.

The fact PLEX price keeps rising, shows supply does not meet demand.
Existing stockpiles ingame buoy that supply, but it does not mean that there is more PLEX purchase from CCP commensurately. It also does not mean that more PLEX is being sunk. Demand is clearly outstripping supply.

As I said before, paradoxically, the higher the value of PLEX in isk ingame, the less PLEX people have to buy from CCP for cash inorder to meet their isk needs. Put simply, the higher the value of PLEX in isk, the less PLEX you have to buy from CCP for cash to achieve your isk goals.

We dont know whether ingame traded PLEX is sunk, or stockpiled.
The current rate of volume in trade would suggest that it is not being sunk, but rather mostly moved from one stockpile to another, and that the rate of new PLEX introduction into the game (either as raw PLEX purchase or via Buddy Program) is nowhere near meeting the demand.

My post above to Teckos logically runs through the possible motivations to buy PLEX from CCP, rationally. Review that. The system really is that simple as I explain there.

Think what you like, I donā€™t think anyone takes you seriously.

Say what you like about my past projects, at least I can say I had fun and met people. I made an effort to create content.

Facts are everyone whose had an exchange with you here all say the same thing. They say youā€™re wrong. Too many people are unified in their assessment of you.

Its just draining and a waste of time responding to you.

3 Likes

Same applies to you.
Idgaf about your ad hominem and argumentum ad publicum.
I could respond with the same, but wont lower myself to that.
As to wasting time/effort, Ramona just required 40 posts to ā€œadmitā€ she has never bought a PLEX, even though that was the simple original question. Now there is a time/effort waster. In a congruent thread she also supports bots. Go figure.

Return to topic of PLEX or gtfo.

Iā€™m gonna have to go with Ramona on this one. Her motivation was plex, and so she got the most bang for her buck by subbing an additional account.

Which created new plex in the game.

1 Like

But she never actually bought a PLEX.
She bought a sub.
The PLEX came free, without any cost to her, or income to CCP, ontop.

If she had Buddied my alt when I subbed, I paid. She gets the PLEX for free.

1 Like

You canā€™t even see that the plex given in the buddy Scheme is just a deal sweetener or an incentive for one to put in some effort to get someone into the game. Getting a buddy into Eve is worth plex,

This is a good tactic that many businesses practice, it is good to give away free items in the hope of the customer coming back and purchasing from you again, or in Eveā€™s case re-subbing again. If creating a plex to give to one of your customers results in more long term sales then its a winner.

Iā€™m a customer of the Virgin Media Internet and I had an engineer round the other day, He told me that if I found other customers to sign up to the internet service then I would get Ā£50 cash for each new customer I found.

So the buddy plex is simply a way of CCP showing their gratitude for oneā€™s work in finding a new customer for them.

So, go ahead and find something in what Iā€™ve written to disagree with. I already know you wonā€™t understand this post. You cant see that finding customers for CCP is work because time and effort was expended which deserves a reward.

Type all the fancy words you want, it does not mean anything if you donā€™t have a basic understanding of simple business transactions and common sense.

I mean for gods sake, I used to do regular market research on products and was paid a small sum for trying the product and rating it. The market research helped the company get a better perspective of what customers thought. The small sum of money i received is hardly going to disrupt the economy, a company simply paid me a small amount of money for 40 minutes of my time for marketing their product. The plex buddy system is similar because pilots can receive a small reward for helping market Eve. So why you would want to include buddy plex in any calculation would be silly because the amount would be very limited.

hmphā€¦

Salvos has a valid point of the old plex not being useable for the Buddy systemā€¦

But, there has been hundreds of thousands of nuplex confiscated just by banning RMTā€™rs that can be used in the Buddy system.
(and no i wont provide a citation for this, go look it up your self in Dev blogs, Reddit, and even those Gamer Blogs that track such things such as the ISK black markets that exist)

The short answer is CCP can do as they please with that confiscated plex. If they decide to remove it from the game or use it thatā€™s their private business.

Ok, ill entertain the idea that CCP gave away their entire stock of confiscated plex. Based on market data available to all of us we can see that on the 24th November 2017 there were 4020 SEPERATE transactions for plex where 2,497,715 units of plex were exchanged. My source is the Forge market which we all can access easily.

Now, if you speak of hundreds of thousands of confiscated plex being used its still only a cup of water thrown in the ocean because even 900k confiscated plex can only account for over half the trade on a single typical day.

So no, Salvos does not have a point. I can agree that 900k plex suddenly appearing on the market would cause a fluctuation for a day or so but absolutely nothing permanent, the real issue is the plex services needs to be split up so the isk value of ā€œgame time onlyā€ can be realised by the player market.

Yes, I can see they are thinking about gametime due to the introduction of alpha clones and subsequent upgrade of alpha clone privaliges. this is a step in the right direction, and it is a brilliant marketing tool to give to prospective subscribers.

Also, if the people who think the plex is expensive would just talk to others and actually try suggestions on earning money faster then maybe the issue could be solved by a change of perspectiveā€¦

Ofc I see that. Its a great incentive for many reasons.
But that PLEX was not bought.
CCP made no money off it.
If I sub an alt that you Buddied, I paid for a Sub, you paid nothing for the PLEX.
Can you not see that? Its not complicated.

The volume of PLEX trade isnt all that important. Its just PLEX going from A to B.
What is important, is how much of it is being sunk, and how much is being bought from CCP.