PLEX is very expensive right now thread

We dont know that more PLEX is being bought from CCP.
The fact you get more isk for your PLEX now than ever before, would suggest people buy less PLEX, as they need less to raise their isk goal.

For somebody who gets all pissy and angry when people donā€™t answer your questions you sure donā€™t answer other peopleā€™s questions.

You accepted my statement and arrived a conclusion. Of course you are ignoring how we can get to the point where your conclusion holdsā€¦something you do alot, BTW.

1 Like

I answered your question.
Whether you like the answer, is your problem.

No you didnā€™t. But that is okay youā€™ll never answer because you know that the answer wonā€™t fit your narrative. Itā€™s okay though. Everybody else sees it too. :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

I answered it.
Your question was leading and based on assumptions you cannot prove.
Your attempt at that narrative was based on false premise.

Really? So under what conditions would we get where people are keep buying PLEX as the price keeps going up? Please tell us again.

Love your ā€œusā€ narrative. Do you have multiple personalities?
Ive explained at great length in previous posts the dynamics of PLEX purchase behavior, as either PLEX sourcers, or PLEX sinkers, and what is entailed in both.

But what would put the game in a state where people buy PLEX even though the price is going up dramatically?

That sounds - to me - as some kind of ā€œset their own demiseā€ meme.

Why are we trying to establish that thereā€™s something wrong with paying for your accounts with PLEX bought with ISK from the market, PLEX that someone else paid CCP for, which is a method of paying for your account introduced by CCP? Why are we trying to establish this harms CCP, when it was CCPs idea?

:thinking:

Well ā€¦

not ā€˜weā€™

:yum:

1 Like

Because theres some sort of ā€œif you buy it one way you must be a stupid if you use it the ā€œwrongā€ wayā€ narrative going on here.

PLEX is time and money.

And time is money, friend.

2 Likes

Its about quantity bought.
Individual PLEX sourcers will likely buy less units of PLEX, but other incidental buyers, including perma-Alphas may be increasingly incentived to make a small PLEX purchase.

In order to keep CCPs PLEX sales up, Id reccommend catering to the PLEX Sinkers market, whom buy PLEX from CCP inorder to immediately sink it on an ingame PLEX sink, such as MCT (which as was pointed out, is cheaper than buying MCT with cash).

I agree.

Its in CCPs interest the PLEX market remains bullish, for as long as possible. Key to that, is that supply does not fall too far behind demand.

When that happens, stockpiles will begin to flood the market, and reduce CCPs PLEX sales, and by extension, sub sales.

Depends on how much PLEX is being bought, how much is being sunk and how much PLEX already exists ingame.

CCP rationally wants as much existing PLEX to be sunk asap. But since ingame PLEX are player controlled, they cant address this directly (except by means such as dividing each PLEX into 500 units).

It may well I think to an extend it is already in such a state as PLEX is the only virtual good with a near to real world value of services besides being a currency compressant.

For once it has a real world value to hold onto, which does not decay - 500 Plex are one month game time even when the game is more advanced, such it is a bit like wine stocking - it only falls appart if ccp ceases to offer the service.

One can put a specific ammount of isk into PLEX and compress this isk into PLEX with additional the chance for it to increase concerning the ā€œto iskā€ ratio.

You cannot grasp basic concepts to do with eve online.

2 Likes

Thats a risky strategy and one I caution against, if I see what you are doing.

If not, never mind.

Ok, man. If you say so.

@CCP:

Are Buddy/Discovery/Reward/Event PLEX sourced from confiscated PLEX?

CCP seem to be making bank with the way they present Plex. I still think splitting the Plex services into different types of Plex is a good idea, like having a Plex for game time only.

I can however accept how its presented now if it helps devs and other CCP staff keep their jobs.

For those that find it expensive Iā€™d say use an alt to join a wh or sov corp and you will earn enough. This is my final thoughts on the matter.

Wont work.

Aurum was tried, failed, and rolled back into PLEX.
Currently, MCT and Extractors are cheaper bought with cash for PLEX, than directly from CCP with cash.

PLEX still works for gametime, but a sub remains cheaper, in cash, as it always has.

Your ā€œseparate PLEX for gametimeā€ cant cost less than a sub, and no one would buy it if it costs more. Its patently stupid and serves no purpose, Its dead on arrival.

If your proposed Gametime PLEX cost even a cent more or less than CCP sub price, its a loss for CCP if it costs less, or dead if it if costs more (no-one will buy it).

Your proposal fixes nothing and has no purpose or benefit.

Mine, at least, would have retained more Alphas as future paying clients, marginally slowed PLEX price growth, and dispersed isk to newer players.

Yours served no rational purpose, whatsoever, and harms CCP revenues far more than mine.

Subs are CCPs bread.
PLEX is just butter ontop.

Your proposal directly harms CCP revenue.
Gametime can never cost less than a sub, and as such, if it costs more, nobody will buy it, rather than a sub.

TLDR: PLEX for gametime, already exists. Its 500 PLEX. Either that, or buy a sub for less cash. Your proposal makes no sense, whatsoever. Your ā€œseparate gametime PLEXā€, cannot cost more or less than a sub, in cash. Thus its redundant, and already available as a cash sub in the existing system, which costs less than 500 PLEX in cash.

1 Like