PLEX is very expensive right now thread

You can check that at, say, Jita and Amarrket on the price history graph. It’s subject to inaccuracies of some sorts, I suspect, but since…

…it may suit your purposes. Unless there’s something specifically about that source that doesn’t work for you, of course.

Its just a hypothesis Im testing.
If its wrong, its wrong.
I have no personal investment in it.

funny how you being ironic… and clueless at the same time.^^

Well, that’s the very embodiment of the scientific method - no bias, no trying to prove some desired or preferred result, but rather objective observation in the hopes of finding an objective(ish) truth. Kudos to you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cos Im too stupid/lazy to do it myself, Im now offering 20mil isk to the first poster that gives me a valid nice graph of what PLEX price was, on average, on September 30th 2017.

On the The Forge (Jita) region market (which we can assume to be the nearest to “representative”, I get a 3.16M PLEX unit price, but it was spiking on that day - it was some 100-150k per unit less just two days in either direction, so you could assume just over 3M per unit.

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/market/link/10000002/44992 seems to agree with the above.

(Keep the ISK, I did this also just for fun :slight_smile: )

EDIT: you can manipulate the graph’s range in the link above in similar fashion to the Price History tab graph in the regional markets

1 Like

Yes, fascinating.

It also spiked on December 2nd, to over 3.5mil/PLEX, thus fulfilling my hypothesis it would reach 1.75bil for 500 PLEX by 4th quarters end, albeit it dropped thereafter.

Thanks for the graph! Bookmarked.

You’re welcome :slight_smile: That site is full of handy things…

1 Like

I was an avid follower of this thread back when PLEX prices were climbing sky high. Went up to 3.5+ mil. People were predicting 4 mil per PLEX.

Recently, PLEX price dropped like a rock and has been at around 3.05 mil for a while. It is interesting to look back at all these talk about hyper inflation, EVE economy dying, price manipulation etc.

To be honest, I am surprised PLEX isn’t at 4 mil right now.

Carrier ratting is still printing ISK, with injectors allowing more people get into carrier ratting faster. Alphas can now fly battleships and do L4 missions for more ISK. There are more cool stuff to buy with PLEX from the New Eden Store. EVE’s player base has objectively been declining over the years, meaning less credit card warriors buying PLEX with cash. vOv

Were all the talk in this thread completely wrong?

When I started to play Eve in 2010, Plex was 300 mil, ahhhhhh the good ol’ days…

Well, it is 3 mil now, 0.01% of the price in the good old days. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well it was different then, 1 Plex was 1 month game play.

My projection of 250mil increase for full PLEX, per quarter, has fallen short.
Whatever was driving that trend before, seems to have exhausted itself.

I’m pleasantly surprised.
Im not sure of the cause, but this is a good thing.

If I made a bet with anyone on that, send me link to the post and I will pay out.

My hope is it means more players have been buying more PLEX from CCP, and/or subbing, which is a good indicator of customer satisfaction and confidence in the product.

Ofc, could be any number of other things.

the use of the :stuck_out_tongue: often means this should be considered as a joke.

Projections only work with constant model. A model which is regulated by external forces but can’t model those external forces can’t be accurate.

1 Like

Wow, PLEX has fallen below 3 mil. It is now 2.984 mil each in Jita.

No doubt all the sales going on recently played a big part. E.g. the one day flash sales exclusive to Amazon UK where the Galaxy pack is only 20 pounds.

I don’t think anyone (me included) saw this coming when PLEX was climbing to 3.5 mil and beyond, back in Dec '17 when this thread was active.

Markets moving in ways not easily foreseen. You don’t say. :thinking:

2 Likes

A rough 250mil increase per quarter had been a consistent trend for quite sometime before I made the projection.

Also, currently there’s a free Dramiel skin along with the purchase of 500 plex.
But you can sell it for about 450 mil., wich negates the lower price of plex now…

PLEX is still very expensive but it seems that less people care about it. :woman_shrugging:

Im happy the meteoric, and consistent rise plateaued and dropped for now.
Whether this is due to whatever player interests there where driving it up having completed, or secondary effects like discounts/perks mitigating it, I dont know.

The changes on caught bots losing extractor rights may have had affect as well.

The previous trend was alarming, and leading too fast to an unsustainable situation.

Heuristically, it can be said that the lower the increase in PLEX price, the greater the customer satisfaction with the game, as people are buying PLEX/sub. Ofc, its not that simple, but that is a an underlying indicator/factor that can be deduced from the rise/drop in PLEX price.