PLEX is very expensive right now thread

Interesting point …

2 Likes

Actually the drop started just after this:

Could be related, but the volume is too small to have caused this magnitude of change in PLEX price.

I know, it was only 189k plex, but sometimes it’s enough to start a panic in the market and then everyone start dumping (I wonder if CCP is also dumping some too)

Possible, to a degree. But imo PLEX magnates dont “panic”. They just wait. They are into PLEX for the long term. They are confident PLEX will retain its value + appreciate, and dont need the extra isk right now.

Could be, but for this kind of swing, it wouldn’t be just “some”, it would have to be a lot. I dont think CCP would do that as this time of year, or under the circumstances immediately preceding this drop.

1 Like

Prices goes down with stable or even lower trade volume, looks more like some big market players went hands-off …

1 Like

CCP should learn sth from U.S federal bank. They make money out of thin air yet still stand strong !

That’s not a very good roll model xD

This one is a good ROLL model

2 Likes

The packs reduce plex pressure in several ways,

1. The game time 3 months is included in the big pack. Sure the people buying this probably don’t plex much but it helps some.
  2. 1100 plex, the obvious part that increases plex volume. The low price probably gets people that don’t often buy plex to buy.
  3. MPTC this is very useful for skill farming, usually costs 485 plex, throwing 2 of these in each package has massively increased the volume available in game, and also the price. These were also recently on sale in the NES meaning there were already a bunch of cheap ones on the market. Can also be used to train alts.
  4. the extractors, normally these get bought with plex, but by throwing a few in the bundle it should drive their price down too, plus these were also just on sale you can see the low point on the price history graph.

At normal prices it takes 2865 plex/month to run a full account SP farm 500 to plex the account, 485x2 for the 2 MPTC, and 1395 to buy the extractors

with this sale it’s 500 to activate the account, ~2bil to buy the MPTC on the market, and something less than 1395 plex to buy the extractors

at current jita buy prices an SP farm account is worth ~1.7 bil/month. And each SP farm requires ~1000 less plex/month.

1 Like

:star_struck: That is indeed a good ROLL model.

Is the SKIN only available in that pack or is it available when purchasing larger PLEX packs?

As someone who will probably never afford PLEX using ISK, I have no problem cheering on the rising price of PLEX in-game. I have way more IRL money than time, so climb away, PLEX, and help my $$$ go farther in-game :smiling_imp:

I suppose I could also argue that CCP benefits more from high in-game price of PLEX since this can encourage more people to buy PLEX for selling in-game. If the ISK price for PLEX magically doubled, I would probably start throwing money at CCP lol (in-game inflation due to surge of ISK notwithstanding, of course).

1 Like

Alliance Tournament PLEX prizes.

Non-stop Galaxy Pack sales. A few just ended and a new one starts: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/eve-online-galaxy-pack

CCP giving out reimbursement in PLEX for the levitating Nyx.

Looks like PLEX prices are going to be low for a while. Sell price is still slightly below 3 mil in Jita. \o/

Back when this thread was active, and everyone thought PLEX prices were going to go through the roof, I was pretty proud that I managed to put all my ISK into 30,000 PLEX at 3 mil each.

Now…I am not so proud. :smiley: Oh well, at least I’m playing for free for 5 years. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not until June IIRC.

doubt that even creates a blip on the plex market, how many people actually preorded that? Also it’s not going to happen for a while

these 50% off galaxy packs though, that will keep prices down.

PLEX does not introduce isk.

1 Like

Jita PLEX sell price is 2.914 mil right now. I am actually made a loss buying PLEX at 3 mil back then. Who would have thought?!

1 Like

wait for the sales to end, and/or buy the dip.

indeed it doesn’t but that reply didn’t suggest it does either, for plex prices to double there would have to be some pretty serious inflation, which could very well still happen with all the isk faucets out there.

LOL 3 months later and PLEX is still at 2.912 mil Jita sell price. \o/

This is also usually around the time when we see a dip in player count (Summer) and a spike in PLEX prices. Yet that is not happening. \o/

I bought the dips and waited for PLEX price to go back up to 3.2-3.4 mil but the market remained irrational longer than I can remain solvent. :3