POLL! Which method do you use to lock targets?

• By selecting target and then pressing CTRL
  • By holding CTRL and clicking the target
  • By clicking the target and clicking the LOCK button
  • By activating a module (hotkey or mouse) and then clicking the target
  • I have an auto-targeting module I use
  • Other (answer below)

0 voters

Did you know all of these methods and which ones did I miss?

1 Like

Depends on the circumstances.

1 Like

There are multiple ways to lock a target? :smiley:

1 Like

Same, in most cases, ctrl-click, but sometimes it’s q-click with a prefired module to both lock, attack, and approach in one click.

For Drones I find it works best to hold CTRL, then click and drag over the drones you want to target. You will start targeting anything within the drag area, so you’ll catch all of the drones at once.

2 Likes

Other is

4 Likes

ty for the education never heard of this :octopus:

1 Like

I use the ctrl key most of the time except when I’m active in TS. If I’m active in TS I’ll use the lock target button because my push to talk key is ctrl so it gets annoying for those in TS with me. :sweat_smile: (Tried to change it, but I’ve had that set as my PPT key for years; even as far back as ventrillio days; so it’s hard to change it).

Most often: Ctrl-click in the overview
Occasionally (when targetting rats in missions and I can keep track of a whole group): Ctrl-drag in space to select multiple targets, as above.

1 Like

Thanks for all the votes and replies. We’ve all learned something today. That “drag a box” feature was new to me.

1 Like

When I do a Combat Site and there is a group of enemy NPCs out in the open I use the one shown in the video.
But normally it’s CTRL+click.

Set drones to aggressive and load FOF missiles.

2 Likes