Price change on steam monthly price for OMEGA

This kind of silly hyperbole really isn’t helping anyone.

And … yeah, well … if you are poor and still want to play, then play as Alpha. If you rather quit, then maybe you didn’t want to play anyway. If you can’t afford it, then you should reconsider your priorities in Life. That’s how it works.

Playing a video game is a luxury and not a right. I understand that this price increase is … well … pretty weird, honestly, I have no idea … but that doesn’t change anything about the rest. I’d seriously prefer if they didn’t do this, because it’s such a big wtf and you guys are getting screwed over.

You have my understanding and sympathy, at least to a certain degree. In the end: You can still play. You can keep talking to your friends. You can still participate in fleets. Being Omega definitely isn’t a requirement to enjoying this game and anyone who requires Omega to enjoy it isn’t actually deserving any sympathy.

3 Likes

But its not about being poor and not.
There you have info about wages per country https://www.worlddata.info/average-income.php
its mean that 60$ for someone whos living in USA isnt worth same as 60$ in Russia.

Average income per year:

USA 58,270$
Russia 9,230$
So statistically with same jobs ppl from USA can afford 6 times more subscriptions.

2 Likes

That is not hyperbole if you have been to some of these countries.

That is not about that playing a video game is a luxury or a right. If you have dig into steam regional price, you can find that almost every publisher uses this system to maximize their profits, so does CCP.

But now CCP messes it up, Kazakhstan players pay more than Russian, South American players pay the same as North American.

I pay the full price and do not need any sympathy, and even 400 dollars per year I would also subscribe as long as I can have fun in this game.:grinning:

I have many friends playing EVE all over the world, and lots of them suffer from CCP’s decision of this. They are all paid customers for very long time. it is just not worth for paying these much in their country to play EVE as you can think whether it worth 400 dollars per year for you.

Please do not ask someone who have been paying for years to play as Alpha…it is kind of, weird.

In my opinion, this decision was made by some random thoughts since you can find lots of unreasonable stuffs in it and this is really harmful for EVE.

I think that it is a common sense that this game needs more players not less.

3 Likes

You’re trying, but you’re doing it in a half-assed manner.

Comparing average income per year is meaningless,
because it never considers what is actually important: Average cost of living.

It doesn’t matter if people from the US earn 60k a year when their cost of living is much, much higher. At the same time could I claim that a BigMac in Bulgaria is super-cheap, because it costs only 2 Euro. In actuality, though, is it still expensive for those living there, because they earn half the value I do in Austria.

What matters is not average income, but how much money is left at the end of the month.

Your argument is invalid.

3 Likes

How can you claim they’re paying more when you completely ignore that average income isn’t comparable the way you’re doing it? Not only that, it’s also invalid to convert to USD and go from there. It makes zero sense to do so in the first place, because their average cost of living is much higher than yours.

As someone who paid the sub for years and now occasionally plays as Alpha I can absolutely not agree with that statement. It isn’t weird, it’s the economically smart thing to do when you want to play without paying.

What’s actually interesting is how they came up with these prices. It’s the single most important information we’d need for this thread. In any case, as long as you compare average income between countries, you’re doing it wrong. Sorry.

And make no mistake, I really preferred if people didn’t quit.

1 Like

EVE isn’t worth paying for in quite a few countries in east Europe either because wages are way smaller than in western Europe.

1 - OP, if you’ve been playing EvE for a long time then you might have some assets you could sell to plex at least one account for two months and buy a skill extractor.

2 - Set up one character on your account to be your skill point farm.

3- After a month turn the skill extractor into a skill injector and sell it.

It won’t be enough to fully plex your account (anymore…oh well…) but it might help you defray the total cost of a month of gametime via plex.

I am from poor east europe country ( part of EU ) and here said: no money no fun, here only rich people can play Eve and WoW.

And I repeat: ccp MUST praise every eve subscriber which paying 15$ per month.

2 Likes

lol so I just state the truth that they are literally paying more or the same.

If you want to know about how steam regional price works and all the statistical data of these countries, just try to dig into it.

“Kazakhstan players pay more than Russian, South American players pay the same as North American.”

I think that the example is really easy to understand and know how hilarious it is for the most people.

1 Like

Epic games seem to have Steam under pressure probably why you have a price increase, steam cannot hit the major western economies because our exchange rates are more on a first world basis with Iceland and the price of living in general. Second and third world economies fair less well, my advice would be to go back to Alpha liquidate some assets do lvl3 missions for a month or two, wait for the plex price to fall,
Especially after a major sell of from CCP, then buy as much plex as you have isk for rinse and repeat until you get enough plex for at least a 6month sub. Or you can wait for the IMF and the U.N to sort out poverty in the third and second world. Reasonably CCP could offer it cheaper but I can say with great certainty people creating accounts and joining Eve with Brazillian I.P’s would increase at least 10,00 fold, add that with the recent aquisition by Pearl Abyss. So the best bet in my opinion would be my first option and go Alpha. o7

I fail to see how it’s CCP’s, or any company’s, fault that one’s currency is tanking. How is that “unfair”? CCP is delivering you a service that costs them money and it’s a cost based on EU/UK and Icelandic prices.

So pray tell us why it is “unfair” of CCP to not offer you a service below their cost?

2 Likes

You did not pay attention to the data, it’s not a case of currency value, the Argentinian peso is almost the same value as the real, 10 Argentinian peso = 0.23 USD / 1 Brazilian real = 0.26 USD, If it is a case of currency value I would like an explanation on why I have to pay twice the value that the Argentinians pay for OMEGA, taking into account the Brazilian real has more value than the Argentinian peso and also the minimum wage in Argentina is twice higher than in Brazil.

1 Like

And also, nobody here is asking for them to provide free OMEGA, the point here is, they have the option to provide OMEGA for a fair price to poorer countries with weaker economies (as they do) or they may not and make zero money and lose players, if that’s the case it would be great to see an announcement saying they don’t care about adjusting prices to poorer countries and only care about players who are in rich countries.

I wasn’t aware that steam has different prices for subbing than CCP. It is half the cost with my country currency!!! How come it is possible with steam and not via CCP site?

I don’t know if this is Steam’s doing or CCP’s, but it’s a blunt stupid move. Nobody is gonna pay double or triple for a videogame, let alone when it’s a recurring subscription.

I understand that CCP doesn’t haves the means to deal with the complexity of a hundred currencies so probably this is why they use Steam as a sales venue, but somewhere somebody has botched it by demanding the same amount of USD for all countries regardless of common sense concepts like salary and disposable income.

I would encourage CCP to unbotch this.

3 Likes

A fair price is a price where the company gets paid for its services, so that others don’t have to pick up the slack because some can’t afford the full price.

It’s just a game, not some Marxist welfare state.

3 Likes

Well, so they lose a player and get no money, and I move to another game that actually cares about it’s player base in third world countries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very capitalistic for you and end of the story.

And by the way, CCP loses nothing making more affordable for third world countries, they only win money and gain players they otherwise wouldn’t have.
So you’re full of sh!t

2 Likes

Welcome to the real world, where companies need to make money to survive and pay their staff.

1 Like