Price change on steam monthly price for OMEGA

I just donated you 6 months Omega time. Have fun.

-jazz

11 Likes

I just checked and you really did, what an amazing person you are, I don’t even know how to thank you enough, thank you very much Jazz wow <3

I feel bad getting this for free so the money I would’ve used to pay for the subscription I will now in exchange buy dog food and feed stray dogs in my neighborhood, so thanks for helping the poor puppers.

4 Likes

:smile:

I don’t know how long you’ve been playing but because of the sub cost in my country I’ve been functioning on PLEX for just over 10 years now . I always picked high paying activities ingame so I wouldn’t run out and always collected the excess as PLEX .Now I sit on just over 100k PLEX.

1 Like

I hope in Russia they dont up it…
if look link at Upper post it’s look nice… but real is another…
we have 9k usd per year only in few big city’s… but 80% of ouer city’s who not near Vladivastok/Moscow/Saint Petersburg or Krasnodar mostly ppl have a 15-20k rub per month… it’s smth like 300usd per month… if we get smth like it with 150usd per month… mostly of Ru community cant play in it \0/

2 Likes

It is most likely that CCP will not do this to Russian players.
Since CCP even has their own system to set low price for Russian players so that CCP will not to share 30% to Steam and Russia has decent large player base.
I post all the information here, just try to say something for those who suffer from CCP’s chaotic and illogical price.
These regions/countries may not have that much players as Russia but all have the similar situations, they used to have the same nice stuff due to Steam regional price, but now they are suffering.

I just hope this is not for some miscommunication in CCP, and when they realize that lots of these regions/countries players unsubscribe and leave, they adjust the price back but players will not be back.

Though games are different from each others and the publisher would definitely want to maximize their profits, I think that there are still lots of good examples to how to use the Steam regional price to benefit both players and publishers, such as:
PUBG: https://steamdb.info/app/578080/
The Witcher 3: https://steamdb.info/app/292030/

Steam regional price is not perfect and Steam takes 30% from the publishers, but it is way much better than lots of raw and broken systems such as CCP’s own.

3 Likes

The only logical reason behind this move seems to be that CCP does not want to give 30% to Steam, so they adjust the price in Steam and urge South American players just abandon Steam and subscribe via CCP’s own raw and broken system to be treated the same as North American players.

lol, greedy is good, hope this is efficient as CAPITALS.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with you. I live in Turkey. and the same applies to us. previously we paid 34 dollars for an annual subscription. now it was $ 122 ! It would be foolish to put this money in play in my country. I think the CCP says ‘leave the game’ to some country players.

2 Likes

It always amazes me how stubbornly illogical people can be, if it suits them.

1 Like

maybe an increase of 73% means nothing to you. This is a high amount for me. One dollar in my country = 5.600 TL. that is, 5.6 times more valuable.

1 Like

God you suck.

I’m not talking about the fact that the cost is massively increased because that indeed sucks.

I’m talking about the clown logic of “CCP are boogiemen”.

1 Like

Welcome to real world. What is real god on the world? Money. Its done. Yeah i live in Antalya/Turkey and this price is so bad for me too but the money is reality on the world. We cant change it. Im sorry.

2 Likes

Posting this must have helped you feel better.

Good for you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a meaningless statistic unless you consider purchasing power parity. A vast difference in a certain income amount can equalize if you consider relative expenses and purchasing power.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s what I’ve tried to communicate without knowing the proper term.

Thanks!

instead of earning 7$ from me now they gonna earn nothing, 15$ equals to 78 lira here. eve simply doesnt worth 78 TRY on my eyes per month. i can get a AAA game like 1 year old with that price every month.

its also same for africa, eqypt and many other countries, there was a reddit post another turkish guy created, many players reported they’re not paying for subs anymore. congratulations ccp, you have shot your own foot.

2 Likes

You’re missing the point:

Due to their COSTS and their employees being in Europe that means their services have a certain cost per user. Their monthly fee (which hasn’t really been adjusted for inflation in 15 years, go try THAT with other products you buy) is based on their cost per user.

If they (have to) ask for less monthly sub payment for a large number of users it’s not profitable for them to have those users. And in order to stay profitable others have to pay more to make up for it.

This is not some instanced/lobby “MMO”, this is not some f2p MMO where ANYTHING you do costs rl money on a continued basis. This is persistent world (unlike any other) sub based MMO that happens to have an unlimited trial. They NEED their income per user to be able to provide us with their services.

The more freeloaders they have (and with that I include people/regions who don’t pay full price, although I don’t mean freeloader in a negative way with those), the more they will be struggling to stay afloat and to give us the improvements we want.

Again: it’s a game company, not a Marxist anti-capitalist state where “everybody” takes care of “everybody” and the slack has to be picked up by “someone else”. Marxist welfare states never work btw.

===

Don’t get me wrong, on a personal level it sucks that you have this issue. But to somehow blame the company for this while using all kinds of backwards logic is disingenuous.

3 Likes

You are also missing the point:
Russia has been the low price region for 15 years and still goes on, I guess it is just because Russia used to be affected by Marxism–Leninism.

And what is the cost per user between Omega and Alpha? Someone is suggesting these players playing as Alpha instead of quitting, so I guess shutting down Alpha is good step for next to have less true freeloaders.

It is about the relation between Steam and CCP, and about the costs and profits to make their own system to support these regions. Due to the small amount of players in these regions, I think this will not affect much income of CCP, but EVE will certainly lose some paid players for CCP messing something up just like the Siege giving 2% bonus to HAW.