Price change on steam monthly price for OMEGA

Yeah that’ s not how that works. If some people pay less others have to pay more, otherwise we’d all be on a flat (lower) rate which we’re not.

< Sigh > Yeah that’s not how that works. You see companies are out to make a profit, so there’s this thing between the cost of ‘the service’ they’re providing and the cost that the customer pays, they call it a ‘profit margin’ and this can (and does) fluctuate, and that enables some to pay less, while others may pay more.

Curious how much you think a line in a DB costs CCP, cause that’s all your account is.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

apparently that’s not how it works any more.

That will continue working till Russia dominate Europe and defeat America.

Before you have tons of analysis, please be respect to the facts.
“Russia has been the low price region for 15 years and still goes on.”

There are some facts that you can check before posting something for The Economist.
Players would almost never use Steam to play EVE, Steam is good for lots of games, but for EVE, it is really annoying.
But when annoying could save a lot, players would have their own decisions.
And Russia is still the low price region, since CCP has their own system to support this feature.
Hence Russian players would almost never use Steam to play EVE, the price for Steam is just for the consistency.

This is a issue between CCP and Steam, 30% for Steam is not a small amount of money especially for subscribing as EVE and those regions are paying less, but when you do not have a system like this, and there are no other competitors(EPIC store? lol might be even worse than CCP’s own), I think CCP should be more careful to f*** their own customers.

I’m not sure that cost per user is a huge factor in an MMO. Only one product to be maintained and developed, many users can use it. If the number of users significantly raises costs, CCP really screwed up with their free Alpha accounts idea.

2 Likes

Nothing to do with staff lol. People have no understanding of this. It’s about the shitty shareholders. The shareholders expect profit. Look at companies like EA and activision that fired thousands of staff recently even though they’re making literally billions and have billions in the bank. F**k Shareholders. Greed is ruining the world and losing people jobs.

It’s also making people hate gaming. Loot-crates, micro-transactions, gambling, day 1 DLC, 5 different ‘‘special’’ additions, meaning the actual $60 standard version of a game is just a skeleton of what the game should be. Gaming is going to the dogs for greed.

2 Likes

Uhm yes, welcome to the real world. No one owes you anything and we’re not here to pat you on the back, go “there there” and spoon feed you because we feel sorry for you.

===

The only ones to blame for loot crates and whatever, are the players themselves who like morons keep buying that ■■■■.

I don’t need anyone to feel sorry for me? lol. I’m doing well for myself and have a good job i love. You seem like quite an douche. Companies care less about their staff these days. Companies like cadbury’s back in the day built houses for their workers and paid their worker more than any other company because they understood happy workers are way more productive. Companies like EA have no soul, they recently fired thousands staff. The company wouldn’t go under to keep these people in work because they have billions in the bank. The head of nintendo took a pay cut for a few years so none of his staff had to lose their jobs, then nintendo got back on it’s feet with the switch and no one lost jobs. That’s the kind of people we need in the world. Too many greedy people only looking out for number one and not caring about others in the world right now.

[edit] flagged for using the word tw*t? lol. F me… Guy can’t deal take criticism so flags me. Grow up. XD

2 Likes

That’s how progress happens. If there is no gain or lure nothing happens. That’s why Marxist states stagnate and live in the past.

Do you think we’d have the medicines, treatments and cures for all kinds of possible and improbable diseases if the companies that did ALL the research for it didn’t have a monetary goal for it?

Cars, planes, all kinds of electronics, computers. Do you REALLY think we’d have gotten this far without the “I want to be the first, best and want to get fcking rich off of it” attitude?

Again, grow up. Stop blaming others.

1 Like

Who and what am I blaming? are you a moron? I’m being serious? So it was the EA workers fault they got fired to keep the shareholders happy? Greed is ruining the world. Progress can happen without excessive profit. If a CEO dies with 50 mil in the bank instead of 50 bil. Does that really make his life better in the coffin lol. You can’t spend you billions when you’re dead. Use that money to make peoples lives better when you’re still alive. All I’m saying is bosses need to care about the life of their workers. Enjoy your soulless world lol. You seem to think being kind is a weakness, when it’s not.

3 Likes

Greed is good-I think I heard this one before somewhere. …

2 Likes

You keep spouting off about things you obviously have no clue about.

Please stop as it just makes you look ignorant. Possibly use the capitalism you seem to be so proud of to get educated? Just a thought.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

4 Likes

I spent a lot of time on this game. I developed my character. I know new people. I spent money. Of course, the price could not always stay the same. But I wasn’t expecting an increase of 70%. I canceled my subscriptions. I have to quit the game. When I spent on the game, money and development didn’t make any sense. That’s the thing that hurts me the most.

1 Like

Can I have your stuff please?

My son saw a programme about the Chinese in Africa and something really stuck in his mind, it was when the Chinese working there were asking the locals why they had not maintained all the infrastructure that had been put there by the Europeans and then telling the Africans that the Chinese had not been given this and they could not believe that they let it all go to rot.

Respect to the Indians for maintaining and developing the railway network that the British put in place, they had the right idea.

It is amazing that some people found the truth offensive and reported your post, but…, brave post by the way.

I expect that this will also get reported by the sensitive souls. LIKE cloak work losers!

And how many is that compared to countries that are based on capitalist economic systems? Like this for example:

If the whole world had been under Marxism, do you honestly think that all these developments such as personal computers and even the gaming industry that we developed in the West would have happened? If you honestly think that, then you have no clue mate.

It is of course sad to see people who cannot afford to play due to this increase caused by this change in policy leave the game, but CCP is a business.

1 Like

I think jealously is a weakness.

Or you know people that can’t or won’t be inclined to pay real money for a sub could use PLEX . CCP did us all a huge favor by adding the option to pay for sub with ingame curency.Ppl will always cry about stuff heck with alphas now you even get more options to continue playing whereas before it was 14 day trial there was literally no way to gain enough for a plex in that time and were hugely limited compared to now

Why am I subsidising poor people? it’s not like they appreciate it…

Dear CCP, can I have free isk to make up the difference? :imp:

I think the basis of the plex system was a good idea to enable time rich players to balance against time poor but rich in RL players. But Plex is a little out of kilter due to people playing the market with it and of course the impact of excessive multi-boxing which creates too much liquidity for some which destroys the immersion of the game for many. And often the attempts to put in ISK sinks to balance against it kill the game for new players.

They pulled back a bit on alpha’s in terms of level 4’s, because CCP want people to subscribe and I can understand that, it has to be the right balance. But you are totally right that as compared to before there are options for people to continue playing, and taking Alpha breaks as needed to be able to fund it, doing selective real life cash or converting ISK to plex for game time. Alpha however is too limited in a number of areas, mining and PI for a start, but I understand and accept that it was more of a stepping stone to Omega status.

You just repaying for hundreds years of poor countries subsidizing richer ones :wink: