Price of Plex - Market intervention Required from CCP

Economy 1on1: Dutch Tulip Bulb Market crash 1637 :rofl:

2 Likes

Supply, demand and market speculation. That’s it.

And Plex’ed accounts don’t play for free, they just buy gametime with ingame currency from another player that bought them from CCP. It’s a player-to-player transaction, no ISK get’s injected into the economy.

1 Like

Wait, didn’t you buy a third summer home on the lake? Bernie? Is that you??

3 Likes

Textbook example of chickens coming home to roost. Hope the decade of corruption between CCP and GSF was worth it. Hope Mittens et al can keep the lights on for you, CCP.

2 Likes

Good I love it, let’s hope it keeps going up. I have a bunch to sell.

2 Likes

Always.

4 Likes

Inflation → ISK.

Plex price curves → pve / pvp ratio.

The population that buys plex for RL $ (pvpers who lose more than they grind in game) is shrinking while the population that buys plex with isk (multiboxers and krabs who lose less isk than they grind) is increasing.

The plex price is just a reflection of the relative proportions of people who lose/accumulate more than they grind vs people who grind more than they lose. As the game swings away from pvp to pve the plex price reflects that.

5 Likes

Sure, inflation is not the only source of rising plex prices, but it is one of many reasons.
If we can have some plex sales and a few big wars, we’ll probably see plex prices dip again.

When all those new players who will come and stay because of wardec changes start buying plex the prices will go down again.

Also since we are on the topic is market, I am selling a station at Jita IV - 4 for 100bil, just send me the isk and I will transfer ownership.

/horsehockey

1 Like

15 bucks a month dude, feckin hell my kids could and did earn more than this a week doin odd jobs for people, if you can’t afford to pay the sub then i guess it’s alpha till ya can.

No to CCP controlling anything on the market.

2 Likes

A larger part of what is driving PLEX prices up are skill extractors/injectors

Once you have enough Skillpoints on an account you can just extract the LP every month and use the ISK to buy PLEX. It reduced the isk cost of subbing to almost nothing, hell people used to make SP farms to make a profit. If the amount of new players stagnates then older characters will reach their desired SP level and more and more people simply simply sub with the isk from extractors.

All that PLEX being used on extractors and semi-SP farm alts creates PLEX demand while supply doesn’t change.

2 Likes

6 Likes

can’t afford to plex your account, then pay for it cash, its hardly expensive. plex is a luxury. just because you can’t afford a ferarri, and there are other people out there with garages full of them, doesn’t mean they should get rid of them.

5 Likes

Imagine they started demanding the government needs to share the excessive wealth of the richest with everyone… man, that wouldn’t end well.

2 Likes

2.1 Bil? Meh, barely a mediocre day in Perimeter… Jeez those poors, always begging for free stuff.

1 Like

Not enough ■■■■ blowing up, too much ■■■■ getting harvested & hoarded. With CCP prioritising that part of the demographics.

26k people online, what do you want us to do? go hunting? forget that buddy, we are making money out of boredom, hoping that some day we’ll be able to invest the cash in a salt mining business.

2 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of plex from that $99/49/19 deal. I should hold them yes, it looks like it will keep going up?

Don’t lose your sleep over PLEX prices. It only means there are more people buying plex off the market than there is people putting it into market! With how it goes ccp is going to have plex sales again and then the price will go lower again. Or perhaps we will see some super losses and someone needs to refill their wallet with using their plex stashes. All in all the beauty of eve is wether you like it or not that this truly is a sandbox game with amazing economy created by players therefore there WILL be variations in prices of all items depending on purely the demand of said item

I made it about halfway through this dumpster fire of a thread before I just scrolled to the bottom. The level of utter idiocy here is mind boggling.

If you don’t like the price of plex… don’t buy it. Vote with your wallet like you always should. You don’t need plex to play.

That said, honestly, I want to know how @Desmios_Sanguis thinks taking plex off the market would make it easier for you to buy it at a lower price. Are you planning on materializing it from nothing? Using some hidden contract system that nobody else has access to, and thus can’t manipulate?

2 Likes