(Project Discover) Can someone help explain this to me?

So i’m not entirely sure how I got this wrong, apparently there are zero transits, although to me at least it looks like there is a very clear dip where I marked. am I missing something here?

You’re not the only one to have wtf moments with Project Discovery, and I don’t mean that in a bad way…

Sometimes I just sit shaking my head, shrug and move on as there just seems to be no reason some fail. The worst ofc are the ones with numerous transits that no matter how hard you try to line them up, you still fail because of a couple at either end :frowning:

the ones with numerous transits doesn’t bother me too much, I know i’ll never get them all so I just try and hit as many as possible and get a net 0 change.
the ones with damn near impossible to see transits don’t bother me much either.
this is just the first time i’ve come across what seems to be an obvious transit, but apparently isn’t. so I was hoping someone could shed some more light on it so I could keep an eye for things like that in future.
but apparently the answer is “Project discovery has weird results, ignore it and move on”

I wish I had a better answer for you, maybe the guys at level 1000 and 100% can be of help?

I had a wtf moment too, I made a “No transit” one, and it really was no transit, from left to right, nothing, but it still failed me for some reason

I’ve had that one and it’s sisters samples numerous times. I originally thought that I had failed to double click the transit, then realized that (according to the experts) there was no transit there, no matter how much it sure looked like a mf transit. I also hate those where you might be slightly off ( and I do mean slightly) and fail because the end transit is just a bit off. However, the ones I hate the most are the ones where the transits are at the very edge of the signal and usually covered up with graph numbers; I actually had one where the transit was 95% OFF the sample and only showed one red dot at the very edge.

I must still get some perverse enjoyment out of doing PD; I’m at level 304 at 99%

1 Like

its the loot boxes, that gambling rush is real.

Yeah, that time I opened one up and got a whole 3 ISK was like having Christmas in September. :grinning:

The ‘explanation’ in-game, if you can call it that, is pretty terrible and incoherent. It would probably take CCP half a decade and a dedicated team to vomit out iteration after iteration of ‘newer better’ explanations to finally get it right, just like the NPE… oh wait, still haven’t got that one right yet.

Ancient aliens.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.